Election posters - Relevant or Yesterdays medium?

belfast1981

Honestly, is anyone actually convinced to vote for someone by seeing their face on a poster? Does it have any sway in elections at all?

With the likes of social media, and those running for election getting massive election coverage, they no longer are needed to get that persons 'face' out there in the public eye. I have seen some areas have asked, and agreed by the parties that those running don't put up election posters at all.

Opinions? Do you think posters still play a relevant role in elections, or are they yesterdays medium?

Personally I find them to be an eyesore. They play no part in who I will vote for and I see them as a massive waste of election expenses. They no longer have a purpose.

McSlaggart

Honestly, is anyone actually convinced to vote for someone by seeing their face on a poster? Does it have any sway in elections at all?

With the likes of social media, and those running for election getting massive election coverage, they no longer are needed to get that persons 'face' out there in the public eye. I have seen some areas have asked, and agreed by the parties that those running don't put up election posters at all.

Opinions? Do you think posters still play a relevant role in elections, or are they yesterdays medium?

Personally I find them to be an eyesore. They play no part in who I will vote for and I see them as a massive waste of election expenses. They no longer have a purpose.
I think they are very relevant in a situation in which you transfer your vote. They would tell a party's supporters in which order they need to go down the ballot.

between the bridges

Most of them are just scaring children, imho they should be banned or restricted to wan per party per town/village main Street...

ger12

Ban them. Please.

D

Deleted member 48908

It's all about name recognition once the voter gets in the polling booth.

cut the begs

wans in derry were cutting the face out of an mep poster and making false faces for yhe kids.

Betson

Reading an article on one of the English papers online this morning and it was about an Canadian IT marketing company that the leave side employed , the Traditional marketing English companies were telling them to put most of their budget into the old style billboards , posters etc , the Canadian company recommended they spend very little on that and spend 90% plus of their budget on online marketing methods , face book , twitter etc etc. They went with the Canadian crowd and the head of communications on the leave side said it was the best decision they made in the whole camapign.

Online marketing was a huge part of Trumps success as well. There certainly seems to be a shift in mediums.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
Rots says this.............................:rolleyes:

[video=youtube;W6N3o4TDYsI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6N3o4TDYsI[/video]

razorblade

To much propaganda its like looking at the picture of chairman mao in tiatanmen square or nazi Germany and the Ussr cult of personalty of Hitler and Stalin respectively, they should be banned.

Irish-Rationalist

Without Sinn Fein election posters what are young PUL children going to burn (besides the Irish flag, effigies of the pope and their own homes) come bonfire time?

You haven't thought this one through, have you?

Felixness

I hate election posters and I think it's time to ban them. They are an eyesore, they are dangerous and they don't influence my vote. Every single one of the candidates who want my vote will knock on my door, put leaflets in my letterbox, be interviewed in local and county newspapers and be on the radio, they all have websites. There's simply no need to destroy the towns of Ireland with giant photos of candidates.

Angler

They're like dogs pissing on lampposts , gives the mutts of election workers something to do .

ergo2

They are part of the election tradition for generations

Candidates like to see their posters up on lamp-posts but now we have a wide variety of media mainstream and otherwise.

Posters are regarded as intrusive by many. Many places have banned them

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies