Electoral College Watch

Dame_Enda

How much did Hillary beat Trump by in California ? If you took that vote out how popular would she be then,she beat Trump by 3milion very popular in that state , after that not too popular in other states
California is notorious for its lack of Voter ID. The Dems have been rigging the state for decades. You can just walk in, sign a document, and presto you get to vote. Its a joke worthy of Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe.

Rep Darrell Issa (California - GOP) was on Fox last night talking about how when he went to his polling station he was actually told to put away his ID.

Fractional Reserve

California is notorious for its lack of Voter ID. The Dems have been rigging the state for decades. You can just walk in, sign a document, and presto you get to vote. Its a joke worthy of Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe.

Rep Darrell Issa (California - GOP) was on Fox last night talking about how when he went to his polling station he was actually told to put away his ID.
Trump should go for a recount in California for the craic .Even at that they keep going on about the popular vote ,if you take out California ,Hillary ain't to popular.

Last edited:

Dame_Enda

Trump should go for a recount for the craic .Even at that they keep going on about the popular vote ,if you take out California ,Hillary ain't to popular.
California is still counting! Or perhaps printing fake votes for HRC

hiding behind a poster

That's not remotely equivalent to any form of electoral fraud.

Dame_Enda

That's not remotely equivalent to any form of electoral fraud.
The question on voter fraud is whether you apply the preventative principle e.g. Voter ID, or do you wait for it to be proven before tackling it. I believe that Californias lax voting laws are for a reason and that is to facilitate or turn a blind eye to fraud.

The question must be asked: why are the Dems so opposed to photographic Voter ID? They say its voter suppression. I say that provided everyone gets one free that is not the case. But they oppose ANY voter ID. The Daily Mail had an undercover video of a poll worker telling someone they could vote if they just signed something.

We also need to fix the electoral register in this country. I still remember the big hullabaloo about how then Minister for the Environment Dick Roche was going to fix it. Well there are still hundreds of thousands of dead and emigrated people on it. We need a centralised electoral register (to get rid of duplicates when people move house to another council area) with entries linked to the PPS No. Dick Roche argued at the time this was unfeasible because many non-nationals had PPS no.s Thats a daft argument.

hiding behind a poster

The question on voter fraud is whether you apply the preventative principle e.g. Voter ID, or do you wait for it to be proven before tackling it. I believe that Californias lax voting laws are for a reason and that is to facilitate or turn a blind eye to fraud.
Someone instantly recognisable like a Congressman would often be told something like that - "ah, you don't need any ID here, Congressman". It happens everywhere, even in Ireland - you can walk up to the table in the polling station covering your road, and the person on the table knows you from somewhere, and doesn't look for your ID.

Dame_Enda

Someone instantly recognisable like a Congressman would often be told something like that - "ah, you don't need any ID here, Congressman". It happens everywhere, even in Ireland - you can walk up to the table in the polling station covering your road, and the person on the table knows you from somewhere, and doesn't look for your ID.
But in the US election counts are controlled by highly partisan county boards and Secretaries of State. That adds another element for the need to Voter ID as temptation may get the better of them.

In Michigan we are already seeing signs of potential massive Dem fraud in Detroit, as the machine and ballot totals are not reconciling, meaning they may be uncountable. Que more court challenges. The US electoral system is broken.

mangaire2

How much did Hillary beat Trump by in California ? If you took that vote out how popular would she be then,she beat Trump by 3milion very popular in that state , after that not too popular in other states
my comment was in relation to the silly EC System,
not to Clinton or Trump.

anyway - last time I checked California was part of the US,
so why would one take "that vote out" ?

hiding behind a poster

The question must be asked: why are the Dems so opposed to photographic Voter ID? They say its voter suppression. I say that provided everyone gets one free that is not the case. But they oppose ANY voter ID. The Daily Mail had an undercover video of a poll worker telling someone they could vote if they just signed something.

We also need to fix the electoral register in this country. I still remember the big hullabaloo about how then Minister for the Environment Dick Roche was going to fix it. Well there are still hundreds of thousands of dead and emigrated people on it. We need a centralised electoral register (to get rid of duplicates when people move house to another council area) with entries linked to the PPS No. Dick Roche argued at the time this was unfeasible because many non-nationals had PPS no.s Thats a daft argument.
The electoral register was tidied up a few years ago, but it can never be 100% accurate. As for photo ID, you know full well that there are arguments made by both parties in the US about this, and the Republicans have certainly been on the wrong side of accusations of extremely sharp practice. So why do you only ever mention the Democrats?

Dame_Enda

The electoral register was tidied up a few years ago, but it can never be 100% accurate. As for photo ID, you know full well that there are arguments made by both parties in the US about this, and the Republicans have certainly been on the wrong side of accusations of extremely sharp practice. So why do you only ever mention the Democrats?
It should be part of a broader package including getting rid of gerrymandering by both parties and ensuring consistency of polling places in each district. But Voter ID would stop illegals voting.

George Mason University did a study which found 6% of illegals vote, and 15% of them are registered to vote in the US. Given the razor thin margins in a state like New Hampshire (2000-3000 votes) that would have swung it.

Fractional Reserve

my comment was in relation to the silly EC System,
not to Clinton or Trump.

anyway - last time I checked California was part of the US,
so why would one take "that vote out" ?
It's one state where she won the vote by 3million , I am saying take that state out she ain't that popular

NYCKY

It should be part of a broader package including getting rid of gerrymandering by both parties and ensuring consistency of polling places in each district. But Voter ID would stop illegals voting.

George Mason University did a study which found 6% of illegals vote, and 15% of them are registered to vote in the US. Given the razor thin margins in a state like New Hampshire (2000-3000 votes) that would have swung it.
Voter ID won't stop illegals voting. The issue there, is that, thanks to the motor voter laws passed by Clinton, people getting drivers licenses are registering to vote. Some of it may even be unintentional, that is, poor English, and not being aware that as a non citizen that they aren't supposed to register to vote. Then the voting notification comes to them and off they go on polling day. Some of it of course may be more deliberate. When said voter is asked to produce ID, the drivers license comes out and correctly verifies the identity.

The problem now is that more and more states are explicitly allowing illegals to obtain drivers licenses, states like California and Illinois to name two big ones. There are hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants with drivers licenses in California and it would be extremely naive to think that at least some of them didn't vote. Not material enough to impact the outcome, at least in the Presidential election.

NYCKY

It's one state where she won the vote by 3million , I am saying take that state out she ain't that popular

Last I checked she was winning the state by over four million votes. Percentage wise it was one of her most lopsided victories and not representative of the rest of the country.

To be fair though, the absence of a Republican Senate candidate probably helped to depress turnout.

Dame_Enda

Voter ID won't stop illegals voting. The issue there, is that, thanks to the motor voter laws passed by Clinton, people getting drivers licenses are registering to vote. Some of it may even be unintentional, that is, poor English, and not being aware that as a non citizen that they aren't supposed to register to vote. Then the voting notification comes to them and off they go on polling day. Some of it of course may be more deliberate. When said voter is asked to produce ID, the drivers license comes out and correctly verifies the identity.

The problem now is that more and more states are explicitly allowing illegals to obtain drivers licenses, states like California and Illinois to name two big ones. There are hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants with drivers licenses in California and it would be extremely naive to think that at least some of them didn't vote. Not material enough to impact the outcome, at least in the Presidential election.
It may be large enough to impact the popular vote winner.

I think the Motor Voter Law was designed to allow illegals to vote by the back door.

D

Deleted member 48908

Do you think that asking someone who is about to cast a vote for ID is ok?...or is it just a way to suppress voters?

hiding behind a poster

Are illegals legally barred from voting in the US?

hiding behind a poster

Do you think that asking someone who is about to cast a vote for ID is ok?...or is it just a way to suppress voters?
I think it's ok to ask. I'm simply outlining that there are situations in which not asking for ID happens, and can have perfectly innocent explanations.

D

Deleted member 48908

I think it's ok to ask. I'm simply outlining that there are situations in which not asking for ID happens, and can have perfectly innocent explanations.
I see. And I agree that situations arise where not asking for it do have reasonable explanations.

I believe that it is perfectly reasonable to require someone who is about to vote to prove that they are who they say they are. I have no idea how doing so has become the "voter suppression" dog whistle of the Dems in the US and A.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies