ELO still not in hall of fame despite eligibility since 1996

Malbekh

It's a disgrace I tell you. Here I am, legally burning 'Out of the Blue' for MP3 files to listen in the car for the long, long trip to Perpignan - and beyond - in a few weeks time, I decided I'd have a quick Wiki to see where the band were.

Much derided by practically everyone in the music industry for being Beatles Lite, yours truly has never lost affection for what under any circumstances, is a band that has an awesome arsenal of 'greatest hits'

Evil Woman
Livin' Thing
Telephone Line
Turn to Stone
Sweet Talkin' Woman
Mr Blue Sky
Wild West Hero
Don't Bring Me Down
Last Train to London
Diary of Horace Wimp
All Over the World
Hold on Tight

And many, many more. Surely it's time for us to forget Xanadu and pay tribute for this band and nominate a campaign to see their rightful place in the hall of fame - I'm mean ZZ Top FFS....

He3

Justice for the ELO.

I can see this campaign catching fire malbekh.

Ah Well

It's a disgrace I tell you. Here I am, legally burning 'Out of the Blue' for MP3 files to listen in the car for the long, long trip to Perpignan - and beyond - in a few weeks time, I decided I'd have a quick Wiki to see where the band were.

Much derided by practically everyone in the music industry for being Beatles Lite, yours truly has never lost affection for what under any circumstances, is a band that has an awesome arsenal of 'greatest hits'

Evil Woman
Livin' Thing
Telephone Line
Turn to Stone
Sweet Talkin' Woman
Mr Blue Sky
Wild West Hero
Don't Bring Me Down
Last Train to London
Diary of Horace Wimp
All Over the World
Hold on Tight

And many, many more. Surely it's time for us to forget Xanadu and pay tribute for this band and nominate a campaign to see their rightful place in the hall of fame - I'm mean ZZ Top FFS....
Hey man Xanadu rocks - it had Olivia Newton-John on board ffs ;):p

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m1UWSD-FaA]YouTube - Olivia Newton John & ELO - Xanadu[/ame]

'orebel

Evil Woman
Livin' Thing
Telephone Line
Turn to Stone
Sweet Talkin' Woman
Mr Blue Sky
Wild West Hero
Don't Bring Me Down
Last Train to London
Diary of Horace Wimp
All Over the World
Hold on Tight

Even though they're definitely not my cuppa, I was willing to let it go. And then you had to go and have a go at ZZ Top.........
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9WTlP08LEg&feature=related]YouTube - ZZ Top Cheap Sunglasses April 1980[/ame]

Malbekh, I've read and enjoyed quite a few of your posts but you've crossed a line here my friend.
(I will conceed, I quite like The Travelling Wilburys)

Malbekh

Malbekh, you say you're going on a long car trip and you'll be playing ELO a lot. Will there be other people travelling with you in the car ?
*Looks suspicious*

Why yes, the wife and my two kids......why?

zippo222

Malbekh;2739125[[B said:
B]]*Looks suspicious*[/B][/B]

No, just teasing you. I'd completely forgotten about ELO. Haven't heard them for years. Liked them myself years ago. Bring some DOORS with you too for contrast. Have a good holiday.

'orebel

*Looks suspicious*

Ehhh. Sharp objects and blunt instruments(no pun intended) should be consigned to the boot. Unless of course their musical tastes are equally b.... er.. equal to yours.

blackpitts

Funny you bring this up Malbekh. I was only recently saying to someone that one never hears ELO on the radio. I guess one must conclude that they haven't really stood the test of time.

west'sawake

Evil Woman
Livin' Thing
Telephone Line
Turn to Stone
Sweet Talkin' Woman
Mr Blue Sky
Wild West Hero
Don't Bring Me Down
Last Train to London
Diary of Horace Wimp
All Over the World
Hold on Tight

Go on ya Malbekh, they were a great outfit, way ahead of their time in sythesising orchestral, string instruments with melodic rock. Glad to see Wild West Hero and Mr Blue Sky up there, great feel good songs. I'd add Jungle too and of course Concerto for a Rainy day and Rockaria. Oh the nostalgia of it all!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies