Elon Musk.....what a #$%^ !

former wesleyan

As for those jurors in L.A.......perverts and freals every last one.

Of course I 'm only spoofing. Aren't I ?

Seriously, why did a Brit think he could win a case against an American in America ? Why didn't he bide his time till Musk landed up in London ?

Dame_Enda

American defamation laws are not like those of Ireland or the UK. They have the 1st Amendment. I think only around one in six defamation lawsuits are successful. People can pretty much say what they like in practice.

Even so I was somewhat surprised at the decision, given that the judge had ruled Unsworth was not a "public figure".Under a case called the Sullivan judgement in the 1960s, a public figure has less protection under the defamation laws, because in that situation, a person is only considered defamed if the alleged defamer knew what they said was false or acted recklessly.

enuffisenuff

so in theory could we now call musk a "pedo guy" and get away with it?

Emily Davison

Last edited:
Last edited:
As for those jurors in L.A.......perverts and freals every last one.

Of course I 'm only spoofing. Aren't I ?

Seriously, why did a Brit think he could win a case against an American in America ? Why didn't he bide his time till Musk landed up in London ?
For what it’s worth I thought it odd an unknown person was suing for defamation for 180 million.

Never heard of him, would never have heard about the tweet unless there was a trial to highlight it.

Sounded like two men having a spat, one taking way too much umbrage and going after the rich man for perceived damage.

Me, I’d take a million and the world can broadcast I’m a pedo too. Heck I’d be happy with ten K.

The OD

Musk, another Steve Jobs/Guglielmo Marconi "genius'" without one single original thought in his head.

Electric cars, wow, how fúcking original.

Just another pt1ck with too much money and not enough common decency.

blinding

so in theory could we now call musk a "pedo guy" and get away with it?
To me Musk is Pedo Guy , A Musky Pedo Guy .

I am not saying the payout had to be that big but how can it be ok to go around calling people Pedo Guy .

Could this man also sue Musk in other jurisdictions ?

blinding

Musk, another Steve Jobs/Guglielmo Marconi "genius'" without one single original thought in his head.

Electric cars, wow, how fúcking original.

Just another pt1ck with too much money and not enough common decency.
I don’t get the Musk Rever-ation at all . He is a poor speaker and a bore and as you say just jumps on to what others are already doing just with Gigantic PR pumped in !

Pyewacket

I had a favourable to neutral opinion of Musk before the whole Thai Cave thing. What a douchebag, wasting everyone's time by trying to show up the real experts instead of helping them, then whining like Trump when he wasn't showered with praise. Didn't he employ some conman grifter to dig dirt on the diver he abused, and leaked the false reports to UK media? Some Buzzfeed journo gave evidence Musk was feeding him lies about the diver.

Forever on my shit list.

blinding

I had a favourable to neutral opinion of Musk before the whole Thai Cave thing. What a douchebag, wasting everyone's time by trying to show up the real experts instead of helping them, then whining like Trump when he wasn't showered with praise. Didn't he employ some conman grifter to dig dirt on the diver he abused, and leaked the false reports to UK media? Some Buzzfeed journo gave evidence Musk was feeding him lies about the diver.

Forever on my shit list.
There is no way Musk should be allowed to walk away from this terrible behaviour scot free . Obviously there is a nasty piece of work behind the facade .

Pyewacket

There is no way Musk should be allowed to walk away from this terrible behaviour scot free . Obviously there is a nasty piece of work behind the facade .
To be fair, the douchebag admitted on twitter a year or so before the Thai Cave/submarine/pedo-guy debacle that he suspected he might be bipolar.

Then he should take his f*ucking meds. His twitter line is just full of fan bois comparing him to Tony Stark. They are not helping him IF he is indeed Bipolar.

Orbit v2

He is some creep and bully. I'm surprised by the verdict. I don't believe for a second that Musk used the insult because it's commonly used in South Africa. I think he did it because it's a fairly nasty accusation to fling at any Western middle aged guy living in Thailand.

Volatire

People think that just because a middle-aged white guy visits Thailand alone a lot then he must be a sex tourist.

And, by and large, they are right.

Mercurial

Top Poster Of Month
Elon Musk is a massive creep, but I still think it would be better if our defamation laws more closely resembled those of America.

Orbit v2

Elon Musk is a massive creep, but I still think it would be better if our defamation laws more closely resembled those of America.
I actually agree. I say I was surprised by the verdict but there was an element of opportunism with the plaintiff. There is no way he would have sued (for such a ludicrous sum) if the defendant wasn't someone as wealthy as Musk. I think the plaintiff miscalculated also by thinking that Musk is not as admired as he is in California.

Baron von Biffo

For what it’s worth I thought it odd an unknown person was suing for defamation for 180 million.

Never heard of him, would never have heard about the tweet unless there was a trial to highlight it.

Sounded like two men having a spat, one taking way too much umbrage and going after the rich man for perceived damage.

Me, I’d take a million and the world can broadcast I’m a pedo too. Heck I’d be happy with ten K.
In another thread you're having one of your little tantrums because gardaí who were being falsely accused of rape joked about it, yet here you're sneering at the victim of the most odious slur imaginable.

To be labelled a paedophile can utterly destroy a man's life but for you it's just a bit of fun.

To put it in context, I'm trying to imagine the decibel level your outrage would reach if a man posted here that those 'Me too' women were taking too much umbrage and that he'd let Harvey Weinstein rape him for €10k.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom