Embarrassing setback for anti-Israel BDS campaign

yanshuf

Israel is building another 1,000 homes on Palestinian land. Where's the outrage? | The Independent

more robbery of palestinian land..what do you expect them to do, sit back and let it happen????
There isn no such thing as "Palestinian land". This invented beoble has no connection to this land - it's a bunch of immigrants who came here to look for work, after the Jews had already established a prosperous economy.

Now a simple question: what was the name of this Palestinian beoble's ancient kingdom, what was the name of their kings, show the coins they used, what was their capital? what was their Palestinian language like?

Ridiculous claims by a ridiculous irish ignoramus.

Dame_Enda

There isn no such thing as "Palestinian land". This invented beoble has no connection to this land - it's a bunch of immigrants who came here to look for work, after the Jews had already established a prosperous economy.

Now a simple question: what was the name of this Palestinian beoble's ancient kingdom, what was the name of their kings, show the coins they used, what was their capital? what was their Palestinian language like?

Ridiculous claims by a ridiculous irish ignoramus.
Are you saying that the millions of Arabs living in the West Bank and East Jerusalem have no property rights? Once upon a time Cromwell thought that about the Irish Catholics. You are following in the footsteps of histories notorious tyrants.

yanshuf

Are you saying that the millions of Arabs living in the West Bank and East Jerusalem have no property rights? Once upon a time Cromwell thought that about the Irish Catholics. You are following in the footsteps of histories notorious tyrants.
There are no collective rights - there has never been such thing as a Palestinian nation.

As private people, of course they have rights. They can not, in the name of nationhood say that Arabs have no right to sell property to Jews.

And try and kill someone who does.

You and your pals are trying to eradicate any existence of Jews from Judea and Samaria, so any such question is part of your preparing the public opinion for ethnic cleansing of Jews or armed "resistance" against the Jews in this land.

Wascurito

"That was the moment I could not feel the same way. The Israelis had become real people for me.
[...]
I was anti-Zionist and I was active against Israel in the BDS organization, and I’m not proud of it at all… I have many regrets about what I said about Israel which was wrong. I feel guilty.
"

Former BDS Activist: I Lacked Empathy for Israelis

Dame_Enda

There are no collective rights - there has never been such thing as a Palestinian nation.

As private people, of course they have rights. They can not, in the name of nationhood say that Arabs have no right to sell property to Jews.

And try and kill someone who does.

You and your pals are trying to eradicate any existence of Jews from Judea and Samaria, so any such question is part of your preparing the public opinion for ethnic cleansing of Jews or armed "resistance" against the Jews in this land.
You're the side with the military power and as such you have a responsibility to use it responsibly instead of inflaming the situation with your Mugabe-style land-seizures.

yanshuf

You're the side with the military power and as such you have a responsibility to use it responsibly instead of inflaming the situation with your Mugabe-style land-seizures.
"Responsibilty" is not in your lexicon.

roc_

It's about time Irish leftistics stop their antisemitic war on Israel, and take a glass of water.
It may be the case in other countries, but in Ireland it is not just the left who attack the legitimacy of the Jewish homeland and smear her people.

Rather it is pervasive right across the political spectrum, and particularly the centre. It is for all intents and purposes institutionalised here.

So to our shame, the broad institutional, de facto establishment position is in favour of the ethnic cleansing of Jews from the West Bank, and the advocation of the idea that the problem is not jihad, sharia, Hamas, Fatah, the Muslim Brotherhood, Hezbollah, Iran, Syria or the caliphate. No, it is Jews building houses.

In Ireland political allegiance plays no part in the Israel Palestine mindlessness. (Interestingly, I have found it is actually more related to each individual's personal circumstances, and personal failures, during this country's recent boom and bust.)

You are right though they should all take a break and take a glass of water.

roc_

"That was the moment I could not feel the same way. The Israelis had become real people for me.
[...]
I was anti-Zionist and I was active against Israel in the BDS organization, and I’m not proud of it at all… I have many regrets about what I said about Israel which was wrong. I feel guilty.
"

Yes, often the way of it. Here's another similar story - How a pro-Palestinian American reporter changed his views on Israel - Arab-Israeli Conflict - Jerusalem Post

Golah veNekhar

[...]
"

LOL.....Israellycool is not exactly a website to be trusted. Anyway for roc and Yanshuf seeing as they are so concerned about antisemitism, at the root of the vast majority of antisemitism both historically and today has been the lack of empathy that Jews often have towards non-Jews. That confession is a classic case of projection, the type of sinister individual who is involved in Ireland4Israel projecting their own internal darkness unto the people involved in BDS.

The fact that Jewish Israelis themselves tell us we have to support BDS as it is the only hope left does not seem to register with Israellycool, or the fact that Israel itself calls for boycotts, divestment and sanctions against Iran; now if someone would suggest that this makes Israel lack empathy Israellycool would be the first to to start whinging about antisemitism. This complete lack of ethical consistency on the part of Israel and it's supporters by the way is exactly how anti-Semites predicted that Jews would behave if they got their own state.

Golah veNekhar

It's about time Irish leftistics stop their antisemitic war on Israel, and take a glass of water.
Because Jews only began to develop an ethical tradition in the 19 th century through the impact following their entrance to wider society of Christian cultures on them, well okay in all fairness in Muslim Spain and also other Islamic regions at certain times some showed the beginnings of doing so as well, many people in senior positions in the West were incredibly wary about allowing the Jews to have a state of their own.

By Muslim and Christian reasoning is is not enough to declare that something is antisemitic for it to be bad, you have to show how exactly that it is immoral, if something is moral, than even though it maybe antisemitic, than it is not bad but good. Personally I think the most horrible thing that the Christian peoples of Europe did to the Jews was not the Shoah but rather not forcing the Jews take their responsibility for the part that they played in it happening. We see the horrific fruits of that failure not just on this forum here, not just in Israel/Palestine, but in the Campaign Against Anti-Semitism running around the place in Britain pressuring the state into locking up all sorts of people.

yanshuf

It may be the case in other countries, but in Ireland it is not just the left who attack the legitimacy of the Jewish homeland and smear her people.

Rather it is pervasive right across the political spectrum, and particularly the centre. It is for all intents and purposes institutionalised here.

So to our shame, the broad institutional, de facto establishment position is in favour of the ethnic cleansing of Jews from the West Bank, and the advocation of the idea that the problem is not jihad, sharia, Hamas, Fatah, the Muslim Brotherhood, Hezbollah, Iran, Syria or the caliphate. No, it is Jews building houses.

In Ireland political allegiance plays no part in the Israel Palestine mindlessness. (Interestingly, I have found it is actually more related to each individual's personal circumstances, and personal failures, during this country's recent boom and bust.)

You are right though they should all take a break and take a glass of water.

I know that all political spectrum in Ireland is contaminated by antizionism, but the leftistics control commerce (the workers unions) and the arts, and the academy. And since they are so proud to be BDSMers, to such degree it's part of their lives, then they are the ones to concentrate on when talking about spreading this kind of antisemitism.

12 bens

I know that all political spectrum in Ireland is contaminated by antizionism, but the leftistics control commerce (the workers unions) and the arts, and the academy. And since they are so proud to be BDSMers, to such degree it's part of their lives, then they are the ones to concentrate on when talking about spreading this kind of antisemitism.
You know as much about the Irish left as my goldfish!

Please note the passing of this soldier of the Irish left.

Max Levitas Obituary: Dublin-born Jewish communist who fought British facism

Dame_Enda

[TWEET]1076519292580057089[/TWEET]

yanshuf

kerdasi amaq

It's high time EU govts started listening to their people and implemented sanctions. Holocaust-guilt by Westerners does not mean we should let the victims become the oppressors.

I don't agree BDS has been a complete failure. It took decades for the SA boycott to work. This is a work in progress. And remember that throughout our crisis, FDI into Ireland has continued to soar, but you wouldn't say that means we are booming now would you?

In the 1930's the international community appeased the Germans and refused to impose sanctions until it was too late. The appeasement of Israel could be a direct parallel if we act too late.

Many Israeli exports are not even labelled or are labelled as being from Cyprus.
The fundamental flaw in the SA sanctions campaign was the assumption that Africans share the same ethos as white people. They don't and the grand liberal experiment in ending apartheid has to be declared a failure.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies