Emily O'Reilly running for the Park?

Emily O'Reilly, Ombudsman and Ahern recruit, has been putting herself about a fair bit recently: building a constituency in my view. It's now clear she's running for something. Has she got the nod from FF top brass that it's open season on the health service? Will bashing the HSE be enough to send the Bertiebabe to the Park?

RTÉ News: HSE elderly care system 'chaotic' - O'Reilly

Last edited by a moderator:

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
I recall she wrote a letter to the Phoenix a while back strenuously denying any such aspirations...

B

birthday

Emily O'Reilly, Ombudsman and one of Ahern's most apt pupils, has been putting herself about a fair bit recently: building a constituency in my view. It's now clear she's running for something. Has she got the nod from FF top brass that it's open season on the health service? Will bashing the HSE be enough to send the Bertiebabe to the Park?

RTÉ News: HSE elderly care system 'chaotic' - O'Reilly
Whatever about her ambitions for the Park if her revelations about the disgrace that is the HSE brings about the sacking of the odious HSE management types a day sooner, well done to her!

HSE confuses elderly people about entitlements, claims Ombudsman | BreakingNews.ie

I recall she wrote a letter to the Phoenix a while back strenuously denying any such aspirations...
At the moment, Fianna Fail couldn't elect Mr Whippy in a heatwave. But they may be able to get a GOVERNMENT candidate, with a strong record of consumer protection, accross the line.

B

birthday

Why on earth do you think O'Reilly would want to be associated with the corrupt brand that is FF?

CorkHurler

I believe the Ladies ctte in Royal Dublin Golf club turned down her application for membership a few years back - one ctte member said "she's too bloody opinionated".

carlovian

At the moment, Fianna Fail couldn't elect Mr Whippy in a heatwave. But they may be able to get a GOVERNMENT candidate, with a strong record of consumer protection, accross the line.
Celia Larkin ??

Malbekh

O'Reilly has nothing to do with FF. She's just spent the last few months cornering Frank Fahey into the Oireachtas committee of Agriculture by launching a series of assaults on the whip structure in the Dáil. Furthermore, her new bete noir of the fallibility of the NHS in terms of its responsibilities and failures of accountability won't sit well with the current government.

Baron von Biffo

She had a very funny interview with Mary Wilson on DriveTime this evening. Wilson's interview style seems to be to allow interviewees a fixed period to answer each question then cut them off regardless of what they are saying so she can ask the next question. O'Reilly's style seems to be to treat each question as a cue to make a speech and not shut up until she's finished. The result was that on at least 3 occasions they were both talking at the same time and each seemed oblivious to the presence of the other. It was irritating, embarrassing and bizarrely compelling at the same time.

It was irritating, embarrassing and bizarrely compelling at the same time.
Battle of the blonds.

Emily has her heart set on the best address in town. She'll also have the best campaign manager of all: three-in-a-row Bertie.

Last edited:

stoichkov

i worked in the same place as emily a number of years ago. she has a somewhat formidable public image but she is actually an incredibly nice woman.

Baron von Biffo

to be honest i would be very surprised (and disappointed) if she ran for fianna fail. she has hammered them many times in print over the years.
She seemed to be sidling up to Lab on DriveTime. Name-checked a few of their TDs and dismissed the rest with a nod to their party. Gilmore might remember Spring's unhappy electoral time with a woman journalist though.

goatstoe

She seemed to be sidling up to Lab on DriveTime. Name-checked a few of their TDs and dismissed the rest with a nod to their party. Gilmore might remember Spring's unhappy electoral time with a woman journalist though.
Which journalist would that be?

jayblue

Ok we have either Mairead McGuinness or Sean Kelly for FG, Brian Crowley for FF, Michael D Higgins or Fergus Finlay for Labour, David Norris the independent or emily o'reilly, well out of the above my own preference would be Emily, David and Fergus if it had to be labour

New Threads

Most Replies