• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Emma Mhic Mhathúna dies aged 37.

The Field Marshal

Very sad and so young.
RIP

constitutionus

RIP.

she mananged to turn a horrible situation into a torch to shine on the country that will help others. 37 though , maybe its old age in me but it allways hits me when i hear stuff like that. too fecking young.

Prester Jim

Very sad. The poor kids will be deeply and permanently affected by this and there is no doubt that they would give back 100X times whatever money they get if they could have their mum back.
Very brave and strong woman.

GDPR

Her children will never, ever get over this. If they live to be 90, it will always be there.

What a fine person she was. The ordinary people are so much greater than we realise.

StarryPlough01

Very sad. The poor kids will be deeply and permanently affected by this and there is no doubt that they would give back 100X times whatever money they get if they could have their mum back.
Very brave and strong woman.

Absolutely.

I hope single parent Emma got her settlement in time to have peace of mind about her children's future.

Emma had to get a bank loan to take her children on holiday.

RIP

Fr. Ted Crilly

Another woman dragged through the courts throughout her dying days by misogynist blueshirt scum....
RIP.

mangaire2

so very, very sad.
her poor children, ranging in ages from two to sixteen, I think.

she & her children were in Croke Park to meet the Pope, a few short weeks ago.

ar dheis Dé, go raibh a h-anam.

firefly123

They replayed her interview on RTE radio at 1 today. Heart wrenching stuff.
Mistakes are one thing. The callous almost sociopathic lack of empathy from so called medical professionals is another. God complexes writ large

Herr Rommel

May she rest in peace.

Anyone else see the disgusting tweet from Harris.

automaticforthepeople

Terribly sad news. She recently said that her cancer had become terminal and knew she had little time left. I hope the next time a consultant gets a result back from a lab test, s/he will tell their patient the truth.

D

Deleted member 34656

Very sad indeed.

I found the media interviews of her very exploitative, particularly in the last month or two, and was not surprised when she subsequently said that the cancer had spread to her brain.

My impression of her overall was that she was very devoted to achieving the best outcome for her children.

That, in itself, is a very fine legacy.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies