• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Employers PRSI

toughbutfair

should LOSS making company's have to pay tax?

A loss making company has to pay employer's PRSI, VAT etc. Should they be able to set their loss against other tax heads.

This would help the cash flow of loss making companies.

I just don't think that struggling loss making companies should have to pay tax. That just hastens closures, job losses, more welfare etc

Middleaged

should LOSS making company's have to pay tax?

A loss making company has to pay employer's PRSI, VAT etc. Should they be able to set their loss against other tax heads.

This would help the cash flow of loss making companies.

I just don't think that struggling loss making companies should have to pay tax. That just hastens closures, job losses, more welfare etc
What are "tax heads"?

Munion

really not a huge issue for us. So long as our competitors are paying the same.

The revenue could learn to lighten up on the VAT thing. I got chased earlier this year for 13c. That's thirteen cent. Got nasty phonecalls and everything. 25 years in business and never once had a late tax payment and that's how I get treated.

Middleaged

really not a huge issue for us. So long as our competitors are paying the same.

The revenue could learn to lighten up on the VAT thing. I got chased earlier this year for 13c. That's thirteen cent. Got nasty phonecalls and everything. 25 years in business and never once had a late tax payment and that's how I get treated.
Why not run a hundred yards throwing "pennies"....

There would have been 13 collectors...

Mental image/ cartoon

Surely we dont need any unusual incentives for companies to claim they are loss making. I'm sure there are sufficient ways for them to get out of paying all the other forms of taxation. Also loss making companies are the ones most likely to end up looking for some of their employers PRSI back by way of redundancy subsidies. Dont think its a good idea myself..

wombat

I have never seen the logic behind employers' PRSI - its a tax on employment.

hammer

If employers PRSI increases above 10.75% there will be LESS employment or less wages.

filter

If employers PRSI increases above 10.75% there will be LESS employment or less wages.
You could, perhaps, give lessons how to pay staff 'under the table' thus avoiding all tax implications ;)

FG did this for years until they were, unfortunately, rumbled.:D

Knapaghbeg

Labour will destroy our incentive to work.

The logical conclusion ids to cut welfare.

Knapaghbeg

The amount of contribuions a person on 50K a year pays would provide many times more benefits if they were invested for the individual ( paid by employer and employee)

hammer

Taxes are a part refund of their wages :)

I have a great idea.........get the State to pay employers PRSI on PS pay & pensions to cover sick pay and contribute to the rest of society ie the private sector when they find themselves on welfare.

Knapaghbeg

Taxes are a part refund of their wages :)

I have a great idea.........get the State to pay employers PRSI on PS pay & pensions to cover sick pay and contribute to the rest of society ie the private sector when they find themselves on welfare.

Why not let people opt out of PRSI and look after their own provision?