Empty ATM's

drummed

My daily limit was reduced by a few thousand.

I will admit to slight concern.

Mad as Fish

as i do not have a bank card or intend ever to get one i fine this thread amusing
I was reading elsewhere an article pointing out that the run up to the next war could be an online event with multiple hacking leading to things getting physical. The lad could have had a point but as someone else pointed out it's probably already happening and it's just a matter of time before the banks get cyber bombed, if so cards will be handy for clearing the ice off the windscreen but not much else.

drummed

Methinks someone is full of sh1t.

From someone directly involved with these things, from the other side.
Methinks my financial arrangements with Switzerland are above somebody's pay grade.

There are some with our own arrangements. Its dealt with a level above you. Waaay above you.:roll:

Sotired

Methinks my financial arrangements with Switzerland are above somebody's pay grade.

There are some with our own arrangements. Its dealt with a level above you. Waaay above you.:roll:
Are you seated in your leather chair, stroking your piss-faced white cat on your lap, with your leather glove clad disfigured hand typing that?

tipofdiceberg

Methinks someone is full of sh1t.

From someone directly involved with these things, from the other side.
The other side to the sh1t box is a pri#k. Are you a big pri#**************************ck or a little widget? You said it not me

The Herren

Both my wife and I have attempted to withdraw money from five different ATM's since Friday and four of them were out of order/ empty. It seems a lot and I was thinking maybe it is an indication of another economic/banking crisis around the corner.
Did you or your wife have sufficient funds in the bank? Are you satisfied that your wife had not cleared out your account on a shopping spree and then pleaded all innocent when your aul cards were rejected. I'd be inclined to check out thye wife before I presented myself as a new David Williams type with prophetic powers.

VHF

I was reading elsewhere an article pointing out that the run up to the next war could be an online event with multiple hacking leading to things getting physical. The lad could have had a point but as someone else pointed out it's probably already happening and it's just a matter of time before the banks get cyber bombed, if so cards will be handy for clearing the ice off the windscreen but not much else.
It began months ago! The SWIFT banking eft networks are compromised but you won't see or hear that being reporting in Irish media to any great extent. The software component is Alliance Access but other components which make up SWIFT may be considered potentially compromised too!

G7 Boost Banking Cybersecurity as New SWIFT Threat Emerges:

http://www.securityweek.com/new-trojan-used-attacks-against-swift-member-banks

Last edited:

'orebel

'orebel

mixer73

Did you or your wife have sufficient funds in the bank? Are you satisfied that your wife had not cleared out your account on a shopping spree and then pleaded all innocent when your aul cards were rejected. I'd be inclined to check out thye wife before I presented myself as a new David Williams type with prophetic powers.
Four out of five would suggest one paid out. Cards were not rejected, all ATM's were out of order. I made no prophetic proclamation, just asked a question. Please if you can, read, process and then comment. You look like a fool otherwise.

Bleu Poppy

Both my wife and I have attempted to withdraw money from five different ATM's since Friday and four of them were out of order/ empty. It seems a lot and I was thinking maybe it is an indication of another economic/banking crisis around the corner.
Perhaps it's an indication that the pre-Christmas spending surge has started early.

I could not get over the crowds on Dublin's streets on Friday and the lack of elbow space in my local shopping centre yesterday.

Mad as Fish

It began months ago! The SWIFT banking eft networks are compromised but you won't see or hear that being reporting in Irish media to any great extent. The software component is Alliance Access but other components which make up SWIFT may be considered potentially compromised too!

G7 Boost Banking Cybersecurity as New SWIFT Threat Emerges:

New Trojan Used in Attacks Against SWIFT Member Banks | SecurityWeek.Com
Back in the eighties I recall it being said that a certain Italian organisation, that doesn't really exist of course, had given up on the prostitutes and drugs and moved into high finance, maybe they have moved on again.

I find this line from the article particularly worthy of note -

In August SWIFT Chief Executive Gottfried Leibbrandt warned customers that cyber attacks are likely to increase. "Customers' environments have been compromised, and subsequent attempts (were) made to send fraudulent payment instructions. The threat is persistent, adaptive and sophisticated - and it is here to stay."

Cash is king as they say.

Equinox

Four out of five would suggest one paid out. Cards were not rejected, all ATM's were out of order. I made no prophetic proclamation, just asked a question. Please if you can, read, process and then comment. You look like a fool otherwise.
It's evidence that the boom is getting boomier, this I remember was not an uncommon occurance during the boom years, empty ATMs on a Saturday morning or Sunday if they weren't topped up over the weekend. It's a sign that the friday night scene is hopping as they young empty the ATMs to blow a wad on cocktails.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies