Empty Promises

Jesus Wept

Free GP care for all within five years of a Fine Gael led government: Dr James Reilly in today's MOS. Has the guy not been given a glimpse of the Dept of Finance's books? I thought it was this kind of 'auction politics' that got us into this mess in the first place.

Panopticon

Free GP care for all within five years of a Fine Gael led government: Dr James Reilly in today's MOS. Has the guy not been given a glimpse of the Dept of Finance's books? I thought it was this kind of 'auction politics' that got us into this mess in the first place.
James Reilly is the #1 thing stopping me from enthusiastically singing Fine Gael to high heaven, as opposed to merely supporting them. He is so bad that he beats Enda in to #2 position.

Mossy Heneberry

I'm sick to the teeth of these blubbering idiots who think education and health is free.. someone has to pay.

And why do so many people (Pr*icks) on this site think that other people (like politicians and councillors) can give them a free easy life?

midlander12

Should be sacked on the spot, except he won't because he stood by Inda when he was needed. He is a moaning joeduffyish plank, vocal in his often misdirected (and probably simulated) anger, but clueless at offering alternatives other than spending yet more money than isn't there. Can't understand why he didn't join Labour.

Panopticon

Should be sacked on the spot, except he won't because he stood by Inda when he was needed. He is a moaning joeduffyish plank, vocal in his often misdirected (and probably simulated) anger, but clueless at offering alternatives other than spending yet more money than isn't there. Can't understand why he didn't join Labour.
The unions already control Labour. They need their man in FG more than another man in Labour.

wombat

I'm sick to the teeth of these blubbering idiots who think education and health is free.. someone has to pay.
Its up to us to think for ourselves. Universal Health Insurance is not free, it will be close to what we pay for VHI+ Health levy. The only advantage is that everyone is covered but it will not be cheap.

TommyO'Brien

If you had bothered to read the Faircare document you would know that free GP care is paid out of health insurance, not taxes. But why let the facts interfere with a usual p.ie rant! :rolleyes:

LeDroit

I think we should have free GP care, free education, free houses and free love. Oh, and I want the rich to pay. Blub,blub,blub. :p

LeDroit

If you had bothered to read the Faircare document you would know that free GP care is paid out of health insurance, not taxes. But why let the facts interfere with a usual p.ie rant! :rolleyes:
Nope.

Faircare has taxpayers paying for lowest paid's insurance premium and subsidising the middle bracket.

Jesus Wept

Oh, so it's not going to be free? Why didn't he clarify that in his long (winded) interview?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies