End Fluoridation, Say 500 Physicians, Dentists, Scientists.

Destiny's Soldier

In a statement released recently, over 600 professionals are urging Congress to stop water fluoridation until Congressional hearings are conducted. They cite new scientific evidence that fluoridation, long promoted to fight tooth decay, is ineffective and has serious health risks.
(http://www.fluorideaction.org/statement ... .2007.html)

Signers include a Nobel Prize winner, three members of the prestigious 2006 National Research Council (NRC) panel that reported on fluoride's toxicology, two officers in the Union representing professionals at EPA headquarters, the President of the International Society of Doctors for the Environment, and hundreds of medical, dental, academic, scientific and environmental professionals, worldwide.

Signer Dr. Arvid Carlsson, winner of the 2000 Nobel Prize for Medicine, says, "Fluoridation is against all principles of modern pharmacology. It's really obsolete."

Paul Connett, PhD, Executive Director of the Fluoride Action Network (FAN), announced that an Online Action Petition to Congress in support of the Professionals' Statement will soon be available at FAN's web site, http://www.fluorideaction.org.

"The NRC report dramatically changed scientific understanding of fluoride's health risks," says Connett. "Government officials who continue to promote fluoridation must testify under oath as to why they are ignoring the powerful evidence of harm in the NRC report," he added.

An Assistant NY State Attorney General calls the report "the most up-to-date expert authority on the health effects of fluoride exposure."

The Professionals' Statement also references:

-- The new American Dental Association policy recommending infant formula NOT be prepared with fluoridated water.

-- The CDC's concession that the predominant benefit of fluoride is topical not systemic.

-- CDC data showing that dental fluorosis, caused by fluoride over-exposure, now impacts one third of American children.

-- Major research indicating little difference in decay rates between fluoridated and non-fluoridated communities.

-- A Harvard study indicating a possible link between fluoridation and bone cancer.

-- The silicofluoride chemicals used for fluoridation are contaminated industrial waste and have never been FDA- approved for human ingestion.

The Environmental Working Group (EWG), a DC watchdog, revealed that a Harvard professor concealed the fluoridation/bone cancer connection for three years. EWG President Ken Cook states, "It is time for the US to recognize that fluoridation has serious risks that far outweigh any minor benefits, and unlike many other environmental issues, it's as easy to end as turning off a valve at the water plant."

Fluoride is highly toxic to human beings, even more so than lead. If you were to injest a mere 2-5 grams of sodium fluoride (a common ingredient in toothpaste), you would probably die. The amount of fluoride in a typical tube of fluoride toothpaste is sufficient to kill a small child if it were consumed all at once. Fluoride is also one of the basic ingredients in both PROZAC (FLUoxetene Hydrochloride) and Sarin Nerve Gas (Isopropyl-Methyl-Phosphoryl FLUORIDE), this makes me wonder why the fvck this poison is added to the irish water supply.

the very first occurrence of purposefully putting sodium fluoride into drinking water was in the German ghettos and in Nazi Germany's prison camps. The SS had little concern about sodium fluoride's 'supposed' effect on dental health, their reason for mass-medicating water with sodium fluoride was to STERILIZE HUMANS and force the people in their concentration camps into calm, bovine, submission.

HP

mmm... "calm bovine submission"... sounds like our attitude to a lot of things....

I think the supposed dental benefits are only for those who's teeth are not yet formed, i.e the under fives, and you would have to question whether the risks outweigh the benefits.

I believe they do, by some considerable way.

stringjack

}IknowurbutwhatamI{ said:
Fluoride is also one of the basic ingredients in both PROZAC (FLUoxetene Hydrochloride) and Sarin Nerve Gas (Isopropyl-Methyl-Phosphoryl FLUORIDE), this makes me wonder why the fvck this poison is added to the irish water supply.
...both of which also contain hydrogen and oxygen. And we all know what you get when you mix hydrogen and oxygen. :x

gosimeon

Out of the many thousands of physicians, dentists and scientists, they could muster 500 signatures of agreement? Do you always believe the minority on science issues?

I work in a Council in the Water Dept. The water is of a high standard and fluordation is properly measured to ensure levels are safe.

freedomlover

Re: End Fluoridation, Say 500 Physicians, Dentists, Scientis

Destiny's Soldier said:
In a statement released recently, over 600 professionals are urging Congress to stop water fluoridation until Congressional hearings are conducted. They cite new scientific evidence that fluoridation, long promoted to fight tooth decay, is ineffective and has serious health risks.

Signers include a Nobel Prize winner, three members of the prestigious 2006 National Research Council (NRC) panel that reported on fluoride's toxicology, two officers in the Union representing professionals at EPA headquarters, the President of the International Society of Doctors for the Environment, and hundreds of medical, dental, academic, scientific and environmental professionals, worldwide.

Signer Dr. Arvid Carlsson, winner of the 2000 Nobel Prize for Medicine, says, "Fluoridation is against all principles of modern pharmacology. It's really obsolete."

Paul Connett, PhD, Executive Director of the Fluoride Action Network (FAN), announced that an Online Action Petition to Congress in support of the Professionals' Statement will soon be available at FAN's web site, http://www.fluorideaction.org.

"The NRC report dramatically changed scientific understanding of fluoride's health risks," says Connett. "Government officials who continue to promote fluoridation must testify under oath as to why they are ignoring the powerful evidence of harm in the NRC report," he added.

An Assistant NY State Attorney General calls the report "the most up-to-date expert authority on the health effects of fluoride exposure."

-- The new American Dental Association policy recommending infant formula NOT be prepared with fluoridated water.

-- The CDC's concession that the predominant benefit of fluoride is topical not systemic.

-- CDC data showing that dental fluorosis, caused by fluoride over-exposure, now impacts one third of American children.

-- Major research indicating little difference in decay rates between fluoridated and non-fluoridated communities.

-- A Harvard study indicating a possible link between fluoridation and bone cancer.

-- The silicofluoride chemicals used for fluoridation are contaminated industrial waste and have never been FDA- approved for human ingestion.

The Environmental Working Group (EWG), a DC watchdog, revealed that a Harvard professor concealed the fluoridation/bone cancer connection for three years. EWG President Ken Cook states, "It is time for the US to recognize that fluoridation has serious risks that far outweigh any minor benefits, and unlike many other environmental issues, it's as easy to end as turning off a valve at the water plant."
Well, the island of Ireland is the best place in the world for research into the benefits or otherwise of putting Fluoride in the water since its added to the water supply south of the border but not north of the border. I read a few years ago that children (possibly adults too, I can't remember) in the south had significantly fewer fillings than their counterparts in the north. I've never come across any research suggesting a higher incidence of any disease in the south as compared with the north that could be attributed to Fluoride, but that doesn't mean there is none.

Rich OC

Website
www.twitter.com
Flouridation - the reason we are all alcoholics - well me anyway.

The headline should read

Millions of Scientists don't call for Flouridation - Ron Paul blames New World Order and the Rothschilds.

Destiny's Soldier

Gosimeon,

My wife works in a water dept of a council so what, it doesnt mean shes at the cutting edge in Biochemical research. I, myself, have not decided what way to think on the supposed toxicity side of things.
A dentist studies and repairs tooth decay. How many dentists do cancer research?

If one person discovers something and can reproduce the finding, then it has merit and warrants caution. Eg How many drugs have suspicious, undesired side effects and eventually get taken off the market? It wont be because all the doctors out there recommend it to be taken off the market.

What I don't want is you medicating me when I don't want your medication. Im more concerned about people's entitlement not to be forced medication. Whether it is good or bad for you is open to debate. But I dont need you telling me what I should have for breakfast dinner and tea each day against my will.

HP

Re: End Fluoridation, Say 500 Physicians, Dentists, Scientis

freedomlover said:
Destiny's Soldier said:

Well, the island of Ireland is the best place in the world for research into the benefits or otherwise of putting Fluoride in the water since its added to the water supply south of the border but not north of the border. I read a few years ago that children (possibly adults too, I can't remember) in the south had significantly fewer fillings than their counterparts in the north. I've never come across any research suggesting a higher incidence of any disease in the south as compared with the north that could be attributed to Fluoride, but that doesn't mean there is none.
It does not necessarily follow that the fluoride is responsible for this difference. There are other differences, free dental care for children in the North for example may mean that carries are more likely to be treated.

As I mentioned it is the under fives that may benefit. It is pointless giving the rest of us fluoride.

HP

gosimeon said:
Out of the many thousands of physicians, dentists and scientists, they could muster 500 signatures of agreement? Do you always believe the minority on science issues?

I work in a Council in the Water Dept. The water is of a high standard and fluordation is properly measured to ensure levels are safe.
Gosimon- Can you tell us what the levels are in your area and if they would be the same nationally, or does each area set its own limit?

Akrasia

Flouridation is part of the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

HP said:
gosimeon said:

Gosimon- Can you tell us what the levels are in your area and if they would be the same nationally, or does each area set its own limit?
Each area does not set its own limits, they are set by statute and were revised in early '07, see attached link below.

http://www.dohc.ie/legislation/statutor ... 070042.pdf

HP

Thank you Word of truth.

So between 0.6 and 0.8mg per litre.

HP

Here is a snippet an interesting article from the BMJ in 2000 when Ireland was considering relaxing the compulsory fluoridation of the water supply.

"Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and Finland banned water fluoridation during the 1970s and 1980s because not enough was known about the long term health effects. In 1975, Germany rejected the practice as "foreign to nature, unnecessary, inefficient, irresponsible and harmful to the environment." A year later, the Dutch rewrote their constitution to outlaw fluoridation. France's chief of public health declared in 1980 that fluoridation was "too dangerous."

In the United Kingdom, the practice is permitted rather than required, but only about 10% of drinking water is fluoridated. In 1996, 25 of 26 councils in Northern Ireland voted against fluoridating their drinking water. In the Republic of Ireland, when Dublin City Council and the county councils in Donegal and Sligo voted last year to suspend fluoridation in their regions on safety grounds, they were overruled by the Department of Health. "

Wonder what the levels were back then.

"Ireland is now almost the only country in the European Union to insist on mandatory fluoridation of piped water supplies. Fluoridation was introduced in 1963, and the Department of Health says that rates of dental decay have since been reduced by 70% During the same period, however, fluoridation has been stopped by other European countries because some studies have suggested that it was associated with environmental and health problems, or because not enough was known about long term effects. Experts, however, remain divided over epidemiological research that has suggested that water fluoridation might be linked to osteoporosis, dental fluorosis, irritable bowel syndrome, and other health problems. Equally, they are divided over studies that suggest there is no association."

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/320/7249/1560

Coles

gosimeon said:

Bull.

soubresauts

Fluoridation is contrary to fundamental medical principles, including:

* Hippocratic oath -- First, do no harm. (But dental fluorosis is health damage.)

* Principle of informed consent -- The patient has the right to refuse medication; no ifs or buts.

* Modern toxicology -- Toxicologist Prof Vyvyan Howard (UU Coleraine), newly elected President of the International Society of Doctors for the Environment, says: "I'm against fluoridation: it's a ridiculous idea, based on very bad science."

* Modern pharmacology -- Dr Arvid Carlsson, winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine (2000), says: "Fluoridation is against all principles of modern pharmacology. It's really obsolete."

* Modern endocrinology -- Fluoride "is an endocrine disruptor", according to America's highest scientific authority, the National Research Council (2006 report).

There is not one Irish medical doctor who's prepared to defend fluoridation in public debate. The last doctor who "defended" fluoridation in public was Dr Shane Allwright (epidemiologist, senior lecturer in community medicine, TCD) on the Pat Kenny radio show all of ten years ago. Kenny gave her an easy ride, and there was no outcry. But no Irish journalist has ever seriously investigated the scandal of fluoridation.

Many Irish politicians (from all parties) have spoken against fluoridation, but none as cabinet ministers. John Gormley is the latest, and most egregious, example. See
here.

The Irish Government follows an unwritten rule that fluoridation must be kept going at all costs. It is utterly unscientific, unhealthy, and unjust.

And the Irish people go on drinking their fluoride, willy-nilly, all day, every day.

soubresauts

floatingvote said:
My God, 600 professionals say it's bad - that's out of what, several hundred thousand of them?
That's very shortsighted of you. The movement to sign up professionals has just started. See here.

Can you find one medical doctor who'll defend fluoridation?

Last edited:

floatingvote

soubresauts said:
floatingvote said:
My God, 600 professionals say it's bad - that's out of what, several hundred thousand of them?
How stupid can you get? The movement to sign up professionals has just started. See here.

Can you find one medical doctor who'll defend fluoridation?
It's just started eh and they've managed to sign up 600 already, gees, maybe I should have a rethink as that's like, really, really impressive.
As for finding one medical doctor who defends fluoridation, the only doctors I have ever discussed this with are strongly in favour.
Btw, it's probably better not to infer stupidity just because someone has a contrary viewpoint.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies