• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

End of Days - Ireland v Iceland

Its obvious and clear that Ireland has entered its last days.

But how do our last days compare to Iceland`s?

Did they go through the same sort of denial and fight before they were sunk, or did they just accept their fate.

How are our last days compared to theirs?

I have this image of people at Government HQ burining documents and shredding files before the IMF come in.

Regardless of who governs the country next year I am hoping its the IMF.

I think its only the IMF who will fix this country and herald a new style of politics. I think its only them who can demand fair treatment of all and cut the lavish lifestyles of those crooks who are supposed to be looking out for the citizens who elected them.

Holy Cow

HarshBuzz

sport02

The end days in terms of public disquiet, was exhibited by very disgruntled and angry Icelanders taking to the streets and to parliament buildings, we aren't anyway near that, then again we are Irish, and as most say on this forum, us Irish don't protest, we sit back and take our medicine, like well behaved subordinates to the goverment.

vanla sighs

Iceland don't have the option of rejoining the Commonwealth. We do.
The Commonwealth?!!! That's simply what it's called, they don't actually "spread the welath" as in "common" and "wealth", lol..........Isn't half of Africa in the Commonwelath? :rolleyes:

hmmm

Iceland have managed to string out their financial collapse nearly as long as we have. It's not over yet for them.

kerdasi amaq

The only function the IMF has; is to see that undeserving filthy rich foreign bankers become even richer at the expense of the Irish People.

Jack White

The only function the IMF has; is to see that undeserving filthy rich foreign bankers become even richer at the expense of the Irish People.
Compare and contrast, made easy...

The only function the FF has; is to see that undeserving filthy rich native bankers become even richer at the expense of the Irish People.

collina

Just watched the news, 6-1.

The Icelandic government are in talks with the Icelandic banks about Debt forgiveness after the Icelandic people hounded the government over repossesions.

It really puts the Irish people to shame.