End of the road for O'Dea?

making waves

Yourself & Prof Honeydew proved to be the most astute political observers in Limerick's local election.
Yes indeed - all those predictions of the AAA not getting a vote were figments of my imagination.

Prof Honeydew

It is possible that Willie might not rise again,but personally i would have to see that the stake in the heart was driven deep enough before being certain that the "Willymen" would no longer swarm the housing estates like locusts on saturday mornings.
Getting the "willymen" out may be the problem. The art of spending a mind-numbing chunk of your existence showing a happy face on the doorstep and constantly telling a rat with a moustache that he's the best requires a certain foreknowledge that you've dedicated your humdrum life to a winner. I got the impression at the count that the talent pool of such faithful souls may be greatly diminished.

Paddyc

What age will Willie O'Dee be in 2016? Is there a time when he feels that he's just too old to be putting up with this?

I still think he'll run - what else would he do with his time? It's not like he has any hobbies or interests outside of politics.

Prof Honeydew

I haven't noticed the rat in the media during the local elections. Were FF trying to keep him hidden away like the mad aunt in the attic?
The Rat's absence was purely voluntary. Helping someone out on the canvass raises the possibility that a vote could be lost from the precious hoard of first preferences, the mere thought of which can unhinge the equillibrium.

Prof Honeydew

What age will Willie O'Dee be in 2016? Is there a time when he feels that he's just too old to be putting up with this?

I still think he'll run - what else would he do with his time? It's not like he has any hobbies or interests outside of politics.
He'll be 64.

You have a point about his lack of outside interests. Maybe some kind soul might buy him a set of voodoo dolls to allow him perfect the art of shafting from the comfort of his sitting-room.

Sync

Think he's 61 now. If he doesn't run the I'd say it'll be the question of whether he wants to work til 67. He's got a good pension, whatever he was going to do for limerick, he's done or failed to do. Personally I'd call it quits and enjoy the good pension.

Abaddon

williewatch will be devastated.petunia
He'll have to retire the account or find another polititian, called Willie, to focus on.

What are his options?

Uh-Oh. Only Willie Penrose. Slim pickings there.

I suppose williewatch could keep the account going as a tribute account.:)

Abaddon

Think he's 61 now. If he doesn't run the I'd say it'll be the question of whether he wants to work til 67. He's got a good pension, whatever he was going to do for limerick, he's done or failed to do. Personally I'd call it quits and enjoy the good pension.
Multiple pensions, without a doubt!:roll:

Diawlbach

Absolutely. He got elected very comfortably when FF were at their lowest ever ebb. They won't be that low in the next GE.

When Skynet goes live and kills us all, all that will survive will be the roaches and WOD sitting on his throne of bones in Limerick, telling the roaches he's fixed that medical card for them and telling them to remember him at election time.
Fixed.

Nicky O Donnell

Ah, yer after ruinin the cosy consensus here Nicky. Course he`ll run, just to show those other ffailures like williewatch there he can do it. petunia
If I always went with the consensus on here, I'd be wrong the vast majority of the time. I predicted that Labour were going to lose between 50% and 75% of their seats in local government in this election and was absolutely chastised by the P.ie establishment.

I could dig up the thread, but I recall people here predicting that Willie wouldn't even be elected in the last GE, after he'd gotten over 2 times the quota in the previous one. What a boneheaded prediction that was.

If he stands, he will be elected again unless he falls foul of an incredible personal controversy/scandal between now and the next election. Of that I'd be almost certain. It does seem that he might be giving some thought to retiring however, given how quiet he's been of late.

JacquesHughes

Wow! What a unanimity of P.ie opinion.
Will no-one speak up for a poor jobbing politician whose down on his luck?

Maybe.... if he; grew a full beard, dressed like a woman, ran as a 'UKIP-minded' Irish independent, anti-austerity of course, ( I think I've caught most of the populist trends at present), he could make a comeback?

williewatch

Maybe he could set up a bogus front organisation and call it say the AAAA and run under that banner.

Then by pretending that he is is focusing on a single issue, say for example water tax, then he could attract some gullible / innocent types to help him further his personal political career!

Socratus O' Pericles

He could have a sex change and stand as Billie Jean O'Dea.

alloverbartheshouting

Wow! What a unanimity of P.ie opinion.
Will no-one speak up for a poor jobbing politician whose down on his luck?

Maybe.... if he; grew a full beard, dressed like a woman, ran as a 'UKIP-minded' Irish independent, anti-austerity of course, ( I think I've caught most of the populist trends at present), he could make a comeback?
I know it's been done, but feck it anyway....

[video=youtube;aY4ure_GSHw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY4ure_GSHw&feature=kp[/video]

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies