• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Enda appoints his advisor as vice-president of the European Investment Bank

ger12

Andrew McDowell, who has been Mr Kenny’s chief economic adviser since entering Government, has been appointed to the post. There was some consternation when it was flagged that Mr John Bruton might be appointed.

So much for the Independents ensuring open and transparent appointments.

Kenny adviser appointed to European Investment Bank

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/elections/comment-analysis/sam-smyth-kennys-publicityshy-boffin-devised-strategy-that-wiped-out-the-fianna-fail-vote-machine-26708987.html
A little info on the guy by Sam Smith from some years ago.

culmore

Did you want or expect him to appoint Gerry's advisor to the position ?

ger12

Did you want or expect him to appoint Gerry's advisor to the position ?
Actually, it matters not if they are an advisor. What matters to me is the most qualified person is appointed in a fair and transparent manner.

At over 200K a year for a top EU job, one would be hoping that the very best is appointed.

beazlebottom

Andrew McDowell, who has been Mr Kenny’s chief economic adviser since entering Government, has been appointed to the post. There was some consternation when it was flagged that Mr John Bruton might be appointed.

So much for the Independents ensuring open and transparent appointments.

Kenny adviser appointed to European Investment Bank

Sam Smyth: Kenny's publicity-shy boffin devised strategy that wiped out the Fianna Fail vote machine - Independent.ie
A little info on the guy by Sam Smith from some years ago.
A bit of a kick in the pills for Noonan's fellow Limerick man Moran !!!:

ger12

A bit of a kick in the pills for Noonan's fellow Limerick man Moran !!!:
I suspect he was never in the running. I also suspect we haven't gotten the full story as to why he resigned his position.

Rocky

Great choice, although he will be a massive lose to the Irish government.

Ellen Ripley

Does the fact that I didn't get it not answer that one! :roll:
I was on the short list, I thought Heather Humphreys might swing it for me..:(

ger12

Great choice, although he will be a massive lose to the Irish government.
Crony appointments celebrated by FG diehard.

Was he the FG hack who was behind the last Bertie Budget announced by Noonan? Not very bright, especially considering Brexit.

LDF

Good to see Shane Ross continuing to make an impact in Government. His press release congratulating Irish fans on their behaviour in France was truly ground-breaking and now he's ensured Ireland will be well represented in a European job that nobody's ever heard of by somebody nobody's ever heard of. This new politics stuff really does gladden the heart.

Rocky

Crony appointments celebrated by FG diehard.

Was he the FG hack who was behind the last Bertie Budget announced by Noonan? Not very bright, especially considering Brexit.
I know you must be devastated Ger, but this is the problem with running away from power like your friends in Fianna Fail did, Fine Gael get to appoint credible people who played a massive role in the Irish economic recovery to important positions, rather then drinking bubbies of the Fianna Fail Taoiseach.

LDF

I know you must be devastated Ger, but this is the problem with running away from power like your friends in Fianna Fail did, Fine Gael get to appoint credible people who played a massive role in the Irish economic recovery to important positions, rather then drinking bubbies of the Fianna Fail Taoiseach.
.. Like Phil Hogan?

Sister Mercedes

A cousin of Michael McDowell.

The Borgias were only in the Ha'penny place compared to the McDowells for doling out top paid public service positions to family and friends.

ger12

Two wrongs don't make a right. Haven't you learned at least that much over the last couple of years?

Poor dodge too of a pretty salient question.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
McDowell is a lightweight, at best a salesman

http://www.politics.ie/forum/fine-gael/110907-fine-gael-claim-soros-stiglitz-etc-support-their-bank-plan-do-they.html
October 2009
FG supported the original bank guarantee, and then came up witha pretty weak banking crisis plan last May. They keep flogging this meager 4.5 page Word document.
Their plan was rubbished by Karl Whelan here, and on that same thread you'll see Brian Lucey hauling up Andrew McDowell on the detail of the plan (FG were very confused about what bonds were what). Andrew McDowell is of course an ex quangocrat (Forfás) and now as Fine Gael's chief economist is the author of their crazy banking plan.
cYp

bonkers

Do you ever think of putting the country before your beloved party? Positions like these should be advertised and NO politician should be involved.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies