• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Enda Kenny - an unlikely Taoiseach

MrD011

In Dunnes this morning paying for my shopping my eyes couldn't help focusing in on a large picture of Enda Kenny's head , yes on the bookshelf I couldn't believe it - "Enda Kenny - The unlikely Taoiseach" a biography of the man himself out just in time for Christmas . what a special gift that would make to someone you like this Christmas .

anyway while the title is so appropriate "the unlikely Taoiseach" , can anyone think of a better title for the book. :lol:

sic transit

I've heard a rumour that he will be played in the film version by Daniel Day Lewis.

niall78

What's in the book? If it was to list achievements it would contain a load of blank pages.

ruserious

Enda Kenny - The Unlikeable Taoiseach.

Bren Boru

I'm not sure I see the point in a biog of a Taoiseach who has been in power for less than 2 years and could realistically have 3 or possibly 8 years left in him.

statsman

Enda Kenny - The Unlikeable Taoiseach.
I think unlikeable is a bit harsh; unfortunate may be more on the mark. Who, of what's on offer, would be any more likeable?

niall78

I'm not sure I see the point in a biog of a Taoiseach who has been in power for less than 2 years and could realistically have 3 or possibly 8 years left in him.
It'll be a few more Euro for Enda. Handy way to milk the artist tax exemption while it still exists. Straight out of the Bertie play-book.

controller

Enda Kenny - Austerity is for you not for me

Colin M

John Downing was very poor on VB, the other night. He basically said he didn't want to offer criticism in this biography, so what's the point of it?

Bren Boru

It'll be a few more Euro for Enda. Handy way to milk the artist tax exemption while it still exists. Straight out of the Bertie play-book.
eh...maybe consider the difference between an autobiography and a biography. Good man.

D

Deleted member 17573

Only an absolute idiot who doesn't deserve to have a vote (becasue his/her idiocy is overwhelming) makes an election choice based on 'likeability'.
But we do - Enda is likeable, as were some of his predecessors, not least Bertie. But you may be right, I have never ceased to wonder at the number of likeable gobshytes we manage to elect.

meriwether

But we do - Enda is likeable, as were some of his predecessors, not least Bertie. But you may be right, I have never ceased to wonder at the number of likeable gobshytes we manage to elect.
By 'we' do you mean 'I'/'me' (i.e. Sailor)?

statsman

Here's a handy tip. Think for a few moments before posting this kind of thing, then think again, then click Cancel.

D

Deleted member 17573

By 'we' do you mean 'I'/'me' (i.e. Sailor)?
No Meri - I mean we, the citizens of this fine republic. Look at the present collection of distinguished personages in our parliament and tell me I'm wrong. And you can't hang it on me - I didn't even have a vote in the in the last GE.

brughahaha

In Dunnes this morning paying for my shopping my eyes couldn't help focusing in on a large picture of Enda Kenny's head , yes on the bookshelf I couldn't believe it - "Enda Kenny - The unlikely Taoiseach" a biography of the man himself out just in time for Christmas . what a special gift that would make to someone you like this Christmas .

anyway while the title is so appropriate "the unlikely Taoiseach" , can anyone think of a better title for the book. :lol:
About 6 months ago arrived in Terminal 2 , as we got from the plane to the termial , facing us was a portrait of Enda ( think it was part of an exhibition but we just happened to have Enda facing our particular gate)

On that basis , going on what I heard from 3 other seperate passengers When they noticed Enda the title of the book should be "Oh For F@ck sake!"

meriwether

No Meri - I mean we, the citizens of this fine republic. Look at the present collection of distinguished personages in our parliament and tell me I'm wrong. And you can't hang it on me - I didn't even have a vote in the in the last GE.
So, a material amount of idiots (including you) do this?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies