• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Enda kenny at the Enniskillen Rememberance day event:

Fullforward

Enda kenny attended the memorial service in Enniskilen at the weekend. Why has he never attended any of the events to remember the Civil Rights marchers murdered in Derry?

Is he continuing the hierarchy of victims right through to the Graveyard?

Enda kenny attended the memorial service in Enniskilen at the weekend. Why has he never attended any of the events to remember the Civil Rights marchers murdered in Derry?

Diplomacy?

Fullforward

mary_queen_of_the_gael

Why Enniskillen? Is it love a Fermanagh UVF man week? Why not Larne or London? Surely he would not play politics on such a solemn occasion (November 11th is the feast day of St Martin of Tours. Does he have to wear a poppy in heaven too?)

james5001

MariaMcN

Would you prefer if he hadn't gone?
I've nothing against him going to Enniskillen. I don't, however, think that the Irish Government should buy into the whole British Poppy Day nonsense. It sentimentalizes warmongering. Plus, 'outreach' nearly always seems to involve Irish nationalists making gestures of respect for the benefit of unionists. I don't see much outreach going in the other direction.

D

Deleted member 17573

Why is this thread not in the NI forum - is this a new escape strategy on the part of the loonies who are normally kept safely confined there?

TommyO'Brien

Oh great. Another whining republican thread about something to do with remembrance sunday. When will the fringe republicans (not all republicans, the fringe ones) realise they don't speak for Ireland?

TommyO'Brien

I've nothing against him going to Enniskillen. I don't, however, think that the Irish Government should buy into the whole British Poppy Day nonsense. It sentimentalizes warmongering. Plus, 'outreach' nearly always seems to involve Irish nationalists making gestures of respect for the benefit of unionists. I don't see much outreach going in the other direction.
Whinge. Whinge. Whinge.

Hitch 22

Gordon Wilson - a man of forgiveness - a quality sadly lacking in this country.

[video=youtube;GIt9W2u4pt4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIt9W2u4pt4[/video]

His lost his daughter Marie, a young nurse, in the bombing in Enniskillen and he said he felt no bitterness for the people responsible and said he prayed for them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Wilson_(peace_campaigner)