• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Enda Kenny - "European of the Year!"

Septic Frank

Didn't see a thread on this but I just heard it on the news now:

TAOISEACH ENDA KENNY has been named the ‘European of the Year’ by the association representing German magazine publishers.

The Taoiseach was this afternoon named as the winner of the ‘Golden Victoria’ award by publishers’ body VDZ.

In a statement the publishers said they had chosen Kenny as the winner because of his “strong contribution to Europe and commitment to European ideals both as Prime Minister and throughout his many years in public life”.
Enda wins German magazines’ ‘European of the Year’ award

The Germans are showing good will. All's not lost?

Time Magazine, Playboy Magazine (according to Mattie McGrath) and now this. What does it all mean?

Enda is being lauded by the "establishment" but how are his people viewing him? Hero status? Hardly.

Last edited:

Marcos the black

Jeasus... Oggy will bust a blood vessel.. :)

d7bohs

And people think the Germans have no sense of humour.

ruserious

I genuinely scrolled up the page after I read the OP to see if this was in humour.

tokkie

Time Magazine, Playboy Magazine (according to Mattie McGrath) and now this. What does it all mean?

Enda is being lauded by the "establishment" but how are his people viewing him? Hero status? Hardly.
He won't be happy until he makes the cover of "Ireland's Own"

Septic Frank

I genuinely scrolled up the page after I read the OP to see if this was in humour.
I take it you're not impressed or at least nonplussed as to why he won this award? Can you elabrate?

By the way, the publishers actually extended the award to "the Irish people". I should have put that in the OP - it's nice to get an award for something;)

Radix

Be fair people, he has blue eyes, and that shock of hair could almost pass for being blonde...

Abaddon

Heard this on the radio today on the way home from work. This embarrasment and Gilmore are destroying Ireland

Here's a medal, Enda, there's a good boy now you go back and keep screwing your own country for us. We'll look after you with a nice cushy EU board to sit on down the line.

Europe happy to keep bigging up this quisling.

brughahaha

I take it you're not impressed or at least nonplussed as to why he won this award? Can you elabrate?

By the way, the publishers actually extended the award to "the Irish people". I should have put that in the OP - it's nice to get an award for something;)
They give us an award , we give their banks all the unsecured money back that they gambled and lost in the Irish economy .....yey!!

oggy

One can only smile as one did with cover of Time

ruserious

Because Enda is pushing Eurostamped policies which are bringing unnecessary hardship to many Irish people and it is most ironic, a German crowd gave the award.

Popular Threads

Most Replies