Enda Kenny has resolved to support the recognition of Traveller ethnicity - Dumb or Dumber?

Catalpast

Yes folks Dear Leader has decided to issue more 'Field Guidance' on another issue of National importance

Pavee Point welcomes recognition of Traveller ethnicity

- and indeed it is of National Importance

Basically are Irish Travellers a sub Culture of the Irish Identity

- or a Race apart?

To me they are Irish through and through

- there is nothing to suggest that ethnically they are any different to the rest of us

- other than the Lifestyle that they follow

It is cultural not ethnic that separates us

Pavee Point may see this as a 'Victory' but I believe this will come back to haunt them

- cutting yourself off from the rest of the Irish Nation

- means you will have even more problems down the road....

ADD Given the multi ethnic nature of Ireland now

- what is to stop a real ethnic sub group (take your pick!) as asking for the same favourable treatment

- they could hardly refuse them now could they?

jpc

Another Kenny brainfart.
So pick a surname and you can claim special privilege?
A jellyfish has more spine.

General Urko

I would say the majority of Irish People do not support our indigenous ethnic minority been given that staus!
Why, because we don't want another quango, which will be the inevitable outcome of it and it will have a few traveller members (who may actually be fantastic people) on upto 50K per year out of our pockets plus expenses and it might be headed by a non traveller on €70K plus a year and this individual will be most likely be a croonie appointment and could even be a traveller hater!

Old Mr Grouser

General Urko

There is absolutely no legal definition of what constitutes being a traveller, they are a self identified group and should be entitled to no more special legal treatment than the members of a golf club in the strictist definition!
Even if you go by surname, mine is actually a common enough Traveller's one!
BTW I abhor discrimination against travellers, but I don't see it in any way coming from the state, it does come from a lot of Irish People though!
My stance I don't owe them or anybody else anything!

General Urko

Another Kenny brainfart.
So pick a surname and you can claim special privilege?
A jellyfish has more spine.
His boss had a bit of a brainfart on a similarish issue a while ago as well!

Half Nelson

Ridiculous, outdated notion from the days when multiculturalism was seen as a viable way forward.
Kenny needs to catch up with reality.

Creating official cultural or ethnic sub groups doesn't work. It stores up trouble for the future.

OrderoftheDragon

He really is a useless cu*t.......

Catalpast

There is absolutely no legal definition of what constitutes being a traveller, they are a self identified group and should be entitled to no more special legal treatment than the members of a golf club in the strictist definition!
Even if you go by surname, mine is actually a common enough Traveller's one!
BTW I abhor discrimination against travellers, but I don't see it in any way coming from the state, it does come from a lot of Irish People though!
My stance I don't owe them or anybody else anything!
Presumably the Roma will be included?

If so that is a Magnet for even more to arrive here.....

Spirit Of Newgrange

travellers are not the same as the rest of us for one reason. They have tons of money and do not bow down to FF/FG/Lab and their cronies.

The Herren

Yes folks Dear Leader has decided to issue more 'Field Guidance' on another issue of National importance

Pavee Point welcomes recognition of Traveller ethnicity

- and indeed it is of National Importance

Basically are Irish Travellers a sub Culture of the Irish Identity

- or a Race apart?

To me they are Irish through and through

- there is nothing to suggest that ethnically they are any different to the rest of us

- other than the Lifestyle that they follow

It is cultural not ethnic that separates us

Pavee Point may see this as a 'Victory' but I believe this will come back to haunt them

- cutting yourself off from the rest of the Irish Nation

- means you will have even more problems down the road....

ADD Given the multi ethnic nature of Ireland now

- what is to stop a real ethnic sub group (take your pick!) as asking for the same favourable treatment

- they could hardly refuse them now could they?

No, they will not be cut off. These Travelling Spongers see big benefits down the road. They are ultra aware of the special benefits bestowed on other "ethnic" groups such as the australian aborigines in matters of health , welfare and education just for starters. The special status applied to aborigines is causing major resentment with the "white" population in OZ. My sympathies lie with the aborigines because they are a genuinely deprived people who have been treated like dirt. Not so our Tinkers/Travellers. Sure there are things that have to be put right with that community but things have to be put right in limerick and North Inner City Dublin and god knows where else. There is a definite need to look after many people of the so called "Travellers" but on an equal basis with any other Irish citizen in similar need.

VHF

There are dozens of much higher priority issues facing this nation as a whole.

For Kenny this is yet another example of his total disconnection with the nation and national priorities.

Seriously, what on earth is this man actually doing. His judgement and abilities to prioritise are none existent.

A leader?! Nah, the man has no leadership qualities. Uninspiring and below average performance summarises the man's abilities.

Seanie Lemass

Which will be the next "ethnic group" to be recognised?

Junkies? Goths? X Boxers? Welders?

What a lot of nonsense.

It will, however, create jobs for a few cute paavies who are too effete for aggravated burglary and so on, but mostly for their self appointed guardians.

Eoin Coir

so we will have bare knuckle fighting, pitch & toss, riots at funerals,weddings, blessings of headstones recognised officially

Eoin Coir

What a lot of nonsense.

It will, however, create jobs for a few cute paavies who are too effete for aggravated burglary and so on, but mostly for their self appointed guardians.
plus 100%

Gin Soaked

What a lot of nonsense.

As a Southsider I want special recognition in that case. Happy to be called a west brit if it gets it over the line..

Felixness

I was wondering how Enda was going to handle the Traveller versus Syrian refugee situation and here it is. Syrians jump the Social Housing queue and Travellers get special recognition. :roll:

Therightroad

What do travellers want ?
Even more social welfare ?
Immunity from criminal prosecution ?
They don't travel anywhere unless it's for crime ??

VHF

Meanwhile, no fixed abode runs rings around states ability to effectively address a section of society. Taxes, domestic security, anti-fraud and criminality controls, you have to question the mindset of Kenny.

The man is utterly useless to this nation.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies