Enda Kenny on Ireland AM

geraghd

Enda Kenny was interviewed on Ireland AM in relation to FG's new healthcare policy Fair Care (FairCare).

I didn't see it myself but I have heard of reports from a couple of non-FGers, one in particular who was never a fan of Enda's, and both have said they thought he was excellent, saying they never thought they would ever have said that about him.

And plenty of FGers who saw it said the same.

Might this (not specifically this interview but this point in time) be the turning point for Enda's leadership in the eye of the public?

Bobert

Is he back from Warsaw then?

super pedestrian

He seems to have changed a bit alright. Ever since the Ard Fheis, he's become less robot like on TV and more, well human.
He's alway's performed better on radio though Imo.

There does seem to be a definite shift in public attitude towards kenny. Even my mother who is more FF than FF has said she's going to vote FG.

A human Enda Kenny. FF's worst nightmare.

eoinod

Is that near Swinford?
He was in Israel and Palestine recently too, he is certainly travelling a lot..

Well I for one have an awful lot of confidence in the man. To be honest I always thought he was the best leader we had in Ireland but there were times that I found him very unconvincing, especially on TV. He does seem to have improved hugely though in recent times. Fair play to the man.

Bobert

Aye, ten minutes down he road from Maureen's.

DS-09

There does seem to be a definite shift in public attitude towards kenny. Even my mother who is more FF than FF has said she's going to vote FG.

A human Enda Kenny. FF's worst nightmare.[/QUOTE]

Lol I don't think so- polls and radio interviews are one thing, but its the votes on election day count- thats where we'll see Enda Kenny's Fine Gael falter. Still though, shouldn't deprive anyone of a *dream* I suppose.:rolleyes:

DS-09

No offense to the FG brigade but E.K. really is more L'Oreal and Head and shoulders advert material- than a man to lead us through these rough and tough times. That health care plan can easily be copied, and indeed improved upon by the current governent- don't think for a second that they'll let that one slip, the government are a clever bunch- just wait for something along the lines of "fairercare"

geraghd

A human Enda Kenny. FF's worst nightmare.

Lol I don't think so- polls and radio interviews are one thing, but its the votes on election day count- thats where we'll see Enda Kenny's Fine Gael falter. Still though, shouldn't deprive anyone of a *dream* I suppose.:rolleyes:
Indeed, votes will be Enda's worst enemy considering how badly he has done in the previous elections, like say all those thousands of extra votes and tens of increases in seats since he has become leader. Terrifying for him.

wysiwyg

My other half say it, and she said that at one point, Mark Cagney asked him "would you be any better".. his reply way "we couldn't be any worse"

She wasn't impressed with that

geraghd

No offense to the FG brigade but E.K. really is more L'Oreal and Head and shoulders advert material- than a man to lead us through these rough and tough times. That health care plan can easily be copied, and indeed improved upon by the current governent- don't think for a second that they'll let that one slip, the government are a clever bunch- just wait for something along the lines of "fairercare"
So clever in fact to have ruined the country. And its pretty much inconsequential if that or any other policy is copied. If that was such a serious problem, no party would release policies. In fact if they tried to implement it all the better, just shows how good it is!

super pedestrian

Yeah he reall F***ed up in 07 with that 20 seat gain, not to mention the previous LE & EU election results and then there was the bye-elections. The man keeps gaining seats for his party. He's a liability.

Am I the only one noticing an increase of "new FF posters" who seem to post the same old anti FG/Enda rhetoric?
The last sting of a dying wasp? or just muliple accounts by 1 user?

DS-09

Yes geraghd but how exactly is this "faircare" going to be funded. And how can we be so sure that it will be delivered effectively. Don't forget its easier to simply oppose the government all the time (FG of the last 12 years) and make election promises- however the tough bit comes when your actually in power, and actually have to tackle the issues, instead of just pontificating all the time, berating the government, whilst been smug and holier-than-thou.
At the end of the day its the electorates decision, perhaps they'll vote Fine Gael? But more than likely not- people aren't stupid, and can see beyond mere promise-making, ye have to be men of conviction, which the current FG opposition certainly is not. And pardon my asking are you an expat living in Bristol?

DS-09

Yeah he reall F***ed up in 07 with that 20 seat gain, not to mention the previous LE & EU election results and then there was the bye-elections. The man keeps gaining seats for his party. He's a liability.

Am I the only one noticing an increase of "new FF posters" who seem to post the same old anti FG/Enda rhetoric?
The last sting of a dying wasp? or just muliple accounts by 1 user?
Lol I wouldn't say a dying wasp, i'd say a sleeping lion about to wake up at any minute- after a pack of hyenas have been feeding off his dinner while he was sleeping. Anti-Enda rhetoric- well how could anybody, what a shock:eek:. Whats next free FaircareBear's for every schoolchild?:rolleyes:

geraghd

Yes geraghd but how exactly is this "faircare" going to be funded. And how can we be so sure that it will be delivered effectively. Don't forget its easier to simply oppose the government all the time (FG of the last 12 years) and make election promises- however the tough bit comes when your actually in power, and actually have to tackle the issues, instead of just pontificating all the time, berating the government, whilst been smug and holier-than-thou.
At the end of the day its the electorates decision, perhaps they'll vote Fine Gael? But more than likely not- people aren't stupid, and can see beyond mere promise-making, ye have to be men of conviction, which the current FG opposition certainly is not. And pardon my asking are you an expat living in Bristol?
No Ive come back to the fairer isle. Pardon my asking but are you an expat living in deep space?

The details are all in the policy document at faircare.ie ;-)

Which Enda admirably defended on Ireland AM!

DS-09

geraghd can you not see beyond the Fine Gael smokescreen, and ask yourself how this will be funded in a time of recession. And what makes you think that the government won't enact a similiar (if not better) health care plan if they we're convinced that it would lose them votes- I mean come on, whose the space cadet here?

Super pedestrian (is this a new comic book hero, or is there something special about you walking down Grafton street?) i'm not exactly a 100% party loyalist. Like most people if I we're convinced that FG or Labour for that matter could manage the country properly, they would get my vote- so now you no why i'm sticking with the old reliables. Anyways whats to be expected in current climate, it seems that the anti-FF rhetoric is fashionable and trendy among the chattering classes (who seem to have forgotten who got them into the good times in the first place)

DS-09

A good comparison to Fine Gael's electoral victory dreams can be found in Del boy's famous repeated quote "this time next year we'll be millionaires". Don't get me wrong am an OF&H's fan myself. At least the ""this time next year we'll be millionaires" is actually a great piece of comedy- I could just never bring myself to liking the other comedy quip.

geraghd

geraghd can you not see beyond the Fine Gael smokescreen, and ask yourself how this will be funded in a time of recession. And what makes you think that the government won't enact a similiar (if not better) health care plan if they we're convinced that it would lose them votes- I mean come on, whose the space cadet here?
As I say it doesn't matter what plan the govt implement in the context of FG's policy, except of course if its their policy, which will prove FG's one is a good one.
And its not a question of how we can afford to fund it, but how we can afford not to fund it.

Anyways this is a thread on Enda, not on Fair Care.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies