Enda Kenny Prime Time Interview

Anne B

Still no Gene Kerrigan in the Indo but Brendan O'Connor is being very unkind about Enda on Prime Time ("shifty" and "furtive").

linny55

Enda Kenny was visiting a primary school and the class was in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings.

The teacher asked Enda if he would like to lead the discussion on theword 'Tragedy'..
So, Irealands illustrious leader asked the class for an example of a 'Tragedy'.

... ... ... A little boy stood up and offered: 'If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a tractor runs over him and kills him, that would be a tragedy.'

'Incorrect,' said Enda . 'That would be an accident.'

A little girl raised her hand: 'If a school bus carrying fifty children drove over a cliff, killing everybody inside, that would be a tragedy.'

'I'm afraid not', explained Enda, 'that's what we would refer to as a great loss'.

The room went silent. No other children volunteered. Enda searched the room.

'Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?'

Finally, at the back of the room, little Johnny raised his hand and said: 'If a plane carrying you and Eamon Gilmore was struck by a 'friendly fire' missile & blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy.'

'Fantastic' exclaimed Enda, 'and can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?'

'Well', said Johnny, 'it has to be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't be a great loss, and it probably wouldn't be a f***ing accident either.

wombat

Unkind or accurate?
As my granny used to say, what would you expect from a pig but a grunt, another FFer with nothing to say.(O'Connor, not poster:lol:)

Anne B

HereWeGoAgain

Still no Gene Kerrigan in the Indo but Brendan O'Connor is being very unkind about Enda on Prime Time ("shifty" and "furtive").
Thanks Anne, given your recommendation, I just had to seek that article out - a few quotes with link @ end
Unfortunately, the first visual impression we got of the Taoiseach was shifty. His eyes were shifty and he looked furtive. He looked somewhat like a hunted animal. Perhaps he was trying to look serious and grown-up, as an antidote to the high-fiving buck eejit persona he hides behind when he is out among his people. Or perhaps he was just annoyed or drained by the fact that his appearance had been put off for half an hour to facilitate Eastenders.

Whatever it was, he seemed tense and he got tenser as it went on. He even looked slightly sullen and defensive. Indeed, as the interview went on, you started to wonder if he was angry at Miriam for the crime of asking straightforward questions. As if it was her fault that he is above being questioned.

The questions were pointed at times, but reasonable. If there hadn't been any agreement beforehand on the areas to be covered, the Taoiseach's people should have been able to predict the questions and prepare him well anyway. The frightening thing is, maybe they did. Because he did seem to have a few basic mantras downloaded. Stability means investment means jobs means dignity and salvation was one mantra. That was the answer given to many of the questions, even when it wasn't the answer.

Everything is everyone else's fault except ours, was the other central mantra
Well done to O'Connor.
The lessons of Enda's 'Prime Time' car crash - Independent.ie

HereWeGoAgain

Martin also accused Kenny of delivering “a big political lie” in his Prime Time interview last Thursday, taking issue with the assertion that the current government had negotiated €50 billion in savings on its debt pile.

‘A big political lie’: A war of words has kicked off between Enda Kenny and Micheál Martin
And now bold Micheál is challenging our Enda to a TV debate. Based on his recent performance - answering questions without being challenged where he failed miserably - me thinks his 'handlers' won't let him near Montrose again, unless its a scripted, party political broadcast format - addressing the people.

Micheál Martin challenges Kenny to face-to-face debate · TheJournal.ie

turdsl

The interview on Prime Time with Enda like the interview with Vinnie and Joan
will be played over and over again,after the long wait and plenty of coaching it
certainly was not Fine Gael finest few minutes.

max99

The interview on Prime Time with Enda like the interview with Vinnie and Joan
will be played over and over again,after the long wait and plenty of coaching it
certainly was not Fine Gael finest few minutes.
Whatever about his Prime Time interview.. His speech in Castlebar made for cringe viewing...

''Two words.. three letters...I do'' it really made for nauseating viewing.

happytuesdays

Whatever about his Prime Time interview.. His speech in Castlebar made for cringe viewing...

I do Angie, I will marry you!

max99

with the back slapping cronies, & hillbillies that he appointed to 'new' quangos.. was enough to make anyone puke

emulator

I'm truly at a loss to understand how Kenny's SpecAds and PR people are getting away with it.

I know they haven't much to work with but Jesus in a Citroen, he comes across as being as dumb as a box of hair.

I think I'll pop in a CV and, BTW, I also happen to have some old rope lying around somewhere....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom