Enda Kenny Prime Time Interview

Analyzer

Mickey Martin (the money was resting in the wife's account) versus End Kenny (McNulty business).

On Pravda/RTE. Presumably, so that there can be a staged contest, maintaining the pretence that these constitute two different viable options.

May as well watch another Clinton argue with another Bush on the Crap News Network. It is meaningless and amounts to a pretence.

An increasing number of people are finding out that Kennylite, Mickey Martin, and Pravda all represent decreasingly relevant. There might be less people watching than expected.

im axeled

The interview on Prime Time with Enda like the interview with Vinnie and Joan
will be played over and over again,after the long wait and plenty of coaching it
certainly was not Fine Gael finest few minutes.
all it done was copper fastened whay was already in the public domain

im axeled

Whatever about his Prime Time interview.. His speech in Castlebar made for cringe viewing...

''Two words.. three letters...I do'' it really made for nauseating viewing.
i did not view it, as judging what is reported here have confirmed my worst suspisions

im axeled

Enda Kenny was visiting a primary school and the class was in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings.

The teacher asked Enda if he would like to lead the discussion on theword 'Tragedy'..
So, Irealands illustrious leader asked the class for an example of a 'Tragedy'.

... ... ... A little boy stood up and offered: 'If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a tractor runs over him and kills him, that would be a tragedy.'

'Incorrect,' said Enda . 'That would be an accident.'

A little girl raised her hand: 'If a school bus carrying fifty children drove over a cliff, killing everybody inside, that would be a tragedy.'

'I'm afraid not', explained Enda, 'that's what we would refer to as a great loss'.

The room went silent. No other children volunteered. Enda searched the room.

'Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?'

Finally, at the back of the room, little Johnny raised his hand and said: 'If a plane carrying you and Eamon Gilmore was struck by a 'friendly fire' missile & blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy.'

'Fantastic' exclaimed Enda, 'and can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?'

'Well', said Johnny, 'it has to be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't be a great loss, and it probably wouldn't be a f***ing accident either.
ah little johny, the web has all his jokes, a nasty little piece of work, kinda like an ex minister, you know

leroy42

all it done was copper fastened whay was already in the public domain
And isn't that a major problem?

The leader of the county gets given Prime Time TV to expand on his purpose, to explain to those not currently on his side what he is doing for them, for the country.

What we seem to have gotten is a man trying his best not to say anything at all. While that will of course keep all the party loyalists happy, the type of people that cheer no matter what is said, but it does nothing to deal with the large amount of people currently not minded to see his side.

What exactly is he waiting for. At what point does he think he can get his message out. A TV interview doesn't seem to be it, and Radio interviews doesn't seem to be any different. Party get together is already preaching to the converted.

How can party activists be happy when the party leader has no positive outcome from a staged interview?

HYENA

A man without character giving public contracts to Dennid O Brien and supported by a Labour Party that is devoid of any loyalty to its platform or its voters.

turdsl

Mr Kenny should have given an explanation as to why he sent a civil servant to the home
of the Garda commissioner and why the Garda decided to resign next morning,It certainly did
not require a commission of inquiry to give those answers.Also why did he refuse to answer
on Prime Time if he was one of the three recalled to give evidence because the judge had found a conflict of evidence..

Last edited:

emulator

Mr Kenny should have given an explanation as to why he sent a civil servant to the home
of the Garda commissioner and why the Garda decided to resign next morning,It certainly did
not require a commission of inquiry to give those answers.Also why did he refuse to answer
on Prime Time if he was one of the three recalled to give evidence because the judge had found a conflict of evidence..
I have a feeling that particular dog hasn't finished barking just yet.

There are those who could have Kenny gone tomorrow if they wanted but he is a useful sponge at this point. Let him soak up as much bad press and IW as possible and then hang him out to dry.

I'd love to see it but FG surely aren't thinking of facing into the teeth of a GE with Kenny still there.... surely not ?

im axeled

And isn't that a major problem?

The leader of the county gets given Prime Time TV to expand on his purpose, to explain to those not currently on his side what he is doing for them, for the country.

What we seem to have gotten is a man trying his best not to say anything at all. While that will of course keep all the party loyalists happy, the type of people that cheer no matter what is said, but it does nothing to deal with the large amount of people currently not minded to see his side.

What exactly is he waiting for. At what point does he think he can get his message out. A TV interview doesn't seem to be it, and Radio interviews doesn't seem to be any different. Party get together is already preaching to the converted.

How can party activists be happy when the party leader has no positive outcome from a staged interview?
my post was meant to say that we knew that he could not talk never mind converse

truth seeker

Why is superintendent Gerry Curly of Dundalk Garda station refusing to interview Enda Kenny about his part in a 6.2 million dodgy land deal in the lower point road
anyone got more info on this allegation???

is cuma liom

I'm surprised that more hasn't been made of the fact that the interviewer, Miriam O' Callaghan, has been a speechwriter of Enda's for many years.

Edit: My mistake, it's a different Miriam O'Callaghan.

HereWeGoAgain

I'm surprised that more hasn't been made of the fact that the interviewer, Miriam O' Callaghan, has been a speechwriter of Enda's for many years.

Edit: My mistake, it's a different Miriam O'Callaghan.
I'm awaiting Miriam's interview with the pack from IW, including its Barrister ........ Jim O'Callaghan who happens to be her brother. He is mentioned in the Indo article today which relates to an opinion by the Judge as to whether or not lawyers for anti-water charge protesters can cross-examine prosecution's witnesses. On that particular subject, O'Callaghan says
that cross examination should be allowed only when there was a significant conflict of facts. He said that there was video evidence and that the four protesters had not denied that they came within the exclusion zone
GMC Sierra Ltd, which has a contract to install meters at various locations in Dublin, had previously secured injunctions preventing a number of individuals or anyone who had notice of the order from assaulting, intimidating or interfering with workers installing the meters.

The company secured the orders after its lawyers told the High Court that its workers had been harassed and threatened while installing meters in the Dublin 5 and Dublin 13 areas.

Lawyers for GMC Sierra last week moved contempt of court proceedings against a number of protesters on grounds that they allegedly breached the ‘20-metre order’.

Jim O'Callaghan SC, for GMC Sierra
, said breaches of the orders had continued and read into the record portions of an affidavit by an operations manager for GMC Sierra.
Judge to decide if lawyer for anti-water charge protesters can cross-examine prosecution's witnesses - Independent.ie

HereWeGoAgain

Why is superintendent Gerry Curly of Dundalk Garda station refusing to interview Enda Kenny about his part in a 6.2 million dodgy land deal in the lower point road
anyone got more info on this allegation???
I presume this is what you are referring to, dates from 2011 when Cllr Morgan requested additional information

Exchanges :

Cllr Morgan: It has been brought to my attention that public funds have been wasted,'

Mr. Pentony Dundalk Town Clerk: 'I would like you to elaborate. I require you to provide some evidence otherwise get yourself a good solicitor,'

Cllr Morgan also sought a briefing 'detailing the rationale underpinning the decision by the Manager to recommend to members of the town and county councils that they endorse his decision to sell 0.83 acres of the Dundalk Treatment Plant site at the Point Road to McCaughty Developments' for an access road to facilitate the building of a housing estate on 10.58acres of land, which he described as ' habitat/ floodplain/ soccer pitch land'.

Mr Pentony told him that the decision to sell land is not made by the County Manager but is covered by Section 183 of the Local Government Act with the members making a decision when a Section 183 notice is issued.

' The Manager does not decide to sell land, it is not within his power to decide to sell land.'

He said he could not give an answer to something which is incorrect.

A third question tabled by Cllr Morgan asked for information regarding the Manager's decision to pay out €6.2 million of 'scarce public funds to three individuals for a five acre field of marginal agricultural land which is both a fluvial and tidal floodplain, is 2 metres below the high spring tide level, in an area which is almost 3kms from the town centre and is located in a locality berif of any 'village centre' type services.'

Mr Pentony told him that the land had been zoned residential since 2006. The council had been instructed by the Department several years ago to prioritise the purchase of land for social housing.
Read more: 'Provide evidence or get a solicitor' - Independent.ie

Mad as Fish

I presume this is what you are referring to, dates from 2011 when Cllr Morgan requested additional information

Exchanges :

Read more: 'Provide evidence or get a solicitor' - Independent.ie
.....regarding the Manager's decision to pay out €6.2 million of 'scarce public funds to three individuals for a five acre field of marginal agricultural land which is both a fluvial and tidal floodplain, is 2 metres below the high spring tide level, in an area which is almost 3kms from the town centre and is located in a locality berif of any 'village centre' type services.'

It's hardly the brightest decision whichever way you look at it.

Rice, 5 percent broken milled white rice, Thailand nominal price quote, US Dollars per Metric Ton

Jan 2015 409.68

Equates to around €1,000 an acre or 1,300 years to recoup the investment, if the sun shines that is.

myksav

And now he's "morally outraged" that working heads of families are still materially poor.
Translation: "Look at how concerned about people, there's an election coming".

deepness

And now he's "morally outraged" that working heads of families are still materially poor.
Translation: "Look at how concerned about people, there's an election coming".

No problem taking 3.5k a week himself though...because he's worth it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies