• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Enda Kenny, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the EU?

GDPR

As far as I see things the central question dividing Political Friend from Enemy is whether one is for the dismantlement of NATO and the EU or agin it- the border question which I personally dont have strong views on melts into insignificance compared to this one. However why is Enda Kenny interfering by arguing for Scotland to stay within the EU but not Northern Ireland when NI also voted to stay (thanks primarily to Political Unionism blocking and fighting against any gestures to make the CNR community feel secure about their safety and dignity within the UK in my opinion but that is another story)? What is going on here?

Taoiseach Enda Kenny intervenes on behalf of Scottish government in their bid to stay in the European Union - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

He has a right to comment about Northern Ireland; as regards Scotland he has none.

Jack O Neill

As far as I see things the central question dividing Political Friend from Enemy is whether one is for the dismantlement of NATO and the EU or agin it- the border question which I personally dont have strong views on melts into insignificance compared to this one. However why is Enda Kenny interfering by arguing for Scotland to stay within the EU but not Northern Ireland when NI also voted to stay (thanks primarily to Political Unionism blocking and fighting against any gestures to make the CNR community feel secure about their safety and dignity within the UK in my opinion but that is another story)? What is going on here?

Taoiseach Enda Kenny intervenes on behalf of Scottish government in their bid to stay in the European Union - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

He has a right to comment about Northern Ireland; as regards Scotland he has none.
Why not , the scottish independence party has requested help and support in their battle for independence from the english oppressors just as we did 1916/22 . Its quite right that we should help , facilitate encourage our scottish brothers to rid themselves of the english scum once and for all .

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account

So you think the primary concern of unionists shouldn't be what they want, but what some other section of society wants.

Incredible.

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
Why not , the scottish independence party has requested help and support in their battle for independence from the english oppressors just as we did 1916/22 . Its quite right that we should help , facilitate encourage our scottish brothers to rid themselves of the english scum once and for all .

What is "the scottish independence party"?

If you mean the SNP, they lost the Scottish referendum.

Don't you remember that?

Barna

I made that very point on a different thread earlier.

"Indeed, only today we see the blueshirt partitionist taoiseach making the case for Scotland to stay in the EU whilst completely ignoring the majority of voters in NI who which to remain.
I suppose he doesn't want to upset Arlene."

Barna

I certainly remember the tory lies , so do the scottish people , bye bye UK
Loyalist/Unionists can't accept that the union they want to be part of is falling to pieces day after day..
It must be hard for them.
Bless.

GDPR

So you think the primary concern of unionists shouldn't be what they want, but what some other section of society wants.

Incredible.
Their primary concern should be those of Justice, Truth and Beauty as should everyone's. That means considering the common good of everyone of good will in the UK if they will be Unionists. Just like in WWII "Loyal Ulster" stabbed the UK as a whole in the back with its tribalist antics though luckily enough there were enough votes from elsewhere to carry the day. You think Canada work if everyone was completely inconsiderate about other groups?

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
Loyalist/Unionists can't accept that the union they want to be part of is falling to pieces day after day..
Bless.
Nothing has fallen apart in the real world.

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
Their primary concern should be those of Justice, Truth and Beauty as should everyone's. That means considering the common good of everyone of good will in the UK if they will be Unionists. Just like in WWII "Loyal Ulster" stabbed the UK as a whole in the back with its tribalist antics though luckily enough there were enough votes from elsewhere to carry the day. You think Canada work if everyone was completely inconsiderate about other groups?

Some unionists thought that staying in the EU was the best thing for "the common good of everyone of good will in the UK". Others thought that leaving was the best thing for that. They voted accordingly.

What you're really saying is what many other whiners are saying - that there was only 1 right answer.

GDPR

Clown; one of the reasons Enda might be doing this is because an independent Scotland would mean that a 32 county Irish State would probably become an impossibility which I suspect he desires because it would put Sinn Fein in a strong position who he despises for being to left wing economically. The Scots by and large HATE all Irish people outside of the Ulster PUL.

Ex celt

Bless.
The EUnion is toast. UK is here to stay. Wee Jimmy Krankie was politely told where to get off yesterday in Brussells by the EU Gauleiters. The Spanish bloke gave her the spanish fly in the ear.

mangaire2

why is Enda Kenny interfering by arguing for Scotland to stay within the EU but not Northern Ireland when NI also voted to stay
Kenny is what we term a 'West Brit', or a 'Little Irelander'
Kenny doesn't want a UI at all, at all.
he doesn't much mind whether Scotland is independent from England or not.

having said that, I commend him for supporting Scotland.

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
Clown; one of the reasons Enda might be doing this is because an independent Scotland would mean that a 32 county Irish State would probably become an impossibility which I suspect he desires because it would put Sinn Fein in a strong position who he despises for being to left wing economically. The Scots by and large HATE all Irish people outside of the Ulster PUL.

Why would Sinn Fein be in a strong position if a UI became an impossibility?

Vega1447

Why on earth would Scots Indy prevent a UI?????

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
Why on earth would Scots Indy prevent a UI?????
Maybe she means that it would give the people of NI another option - to join that independent Scotland.

They would have a choice of:
- stay in the rump UK
- join the independent Scotland
- join the ROI

Polly Ticks

Bless.
I wouldn't sneer too much. Some elements will become more dangerous as they realize that they have nothing left to believe in.

That said... the prospect of dissolution of the UK is as pleasing to me as seeing the German Chancellor throw the German flag away with a look of disgust on her face. :)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies