• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Enda Kenny TD to move all three writs on Byelections on Wednesday

Fingal MCC

Website
www.alanfarrell.ie
In his weekly message to Fine Gael members Enda Kenny TD had the following to say of the Byelections in Donegal, Waterford and Dublin.

Enda Kenny TD said:
The Fine Gael Front Bench met on Wednesday and decided on an aggressive Dáil session for the coming months.

Pairing arrangements will be severely curtailed and Ministers will only be allowed pairs when the interest of the country is at stake.

I will move the writs for the three bye-elections on Wednesday when the Dáil resumes.

These will be voted upon. It is an abuse to have the Government proposing to use taxpayers’ money in defending their refusal to give the people of Donegal South West the opportunity to have their say.

This will be the subject of a court case in October if the Government again votes down the bye-elections.
Lets see if the slender Government majority will hold?

Fed Up

Hopefully, I'll believe it when I see it though. In the meantime you'll have to forgive my cynicism

hiker

In his weekly message to Fine Gael members Enda Kenny TD had the following to say of the Byelections in Donegal, Waterford and Dublin.

Why offer pairs at all?

If things are as bad as we think why not cut all pairing ties completely and go for it?

Barnacle

mmm... wonder how many times the Government Jet will be used to fly back their minister when pairing is refused.

The months ahead should be interesting.

jackryan

Why offer pairs at all?

If things are as bad as we think why not cut all pairing ties completely and go for it?
ALL well and good but do we really want Sick TDs being wheeled into the Dail?

blackpitts

I know this sounds callous, but why not. If they're too sick to attend the Dail they shouldn't still be representing their constituents.

Rocky

And do we really want Ministers not being able to attend Council of Ministers meetings in Brussels?

Rocky

I know this sounds callous, but why not. If they're too sick to attend the Dail they shouldn't still be representing their constituents.
So if someone gets sick for a few weeks they should resign their seat? Seems a bit ridiculous.

Enda has to go

Enda kenny has to resign as leader of fine gael. Just because he is the longest serving member of the dail doesnt mean he has to be taoiseach. He is going to halt fine gael from getting more seats in the upcoming election, and he has to be able to see that himself! At the last election he was credited for rebuilding the party, well yes he did rebuild them but the people only voted fine gael as abacklash against the Pd's. ie charlie flanagan for Tom Parlon. I am a fine gael supporter and it really annoys me that he puts his own ambitions of being taoiseach ahead of what the people want!!

Rocky

Well done to Enda on the by-elections.

I imagine they will be all voted down, but you never know and it will massively increase the pressure on the government to hold them.

blackpitts

So if someone gets sick for a few weeks they should resign their seat? Seems a bit ridiculous.
I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the couple of TDs who have one foot in the grave and hardly ever attend the Dail.

Ulster-Lad

Originally Posted by Enda Kenny TD
The Fine Gael Front Bench met on Wednesday and decided on an aggressive Dáil session for the coming months.
Why has he decided to get aggressive now?

hiding behind a poster

Enda kenny has to resign as leader of fine gael. Just because he is the longest serving member of the dail doesnt mean he has to be taoiseach.
Who said that he has?

He is going to halt fine gael from getting more seats in the upcoming election, and he has to be able to see that himself! At the last election he was credited for rebuilding the party, well yes he did rebuild them but the people only voted fine gael as abacklash against the Pd's. ie charlie flanagan for Tom Parlon.
The PDs lost 6 seats. FG gained 20. Do the maths.

I am a fine gael supporter and it really annoys me that he puts his own ambitions of being taoiseach ahead of what the people want!!
You're not a Fine Gael supporter, and you're fooling no-one.

jackryan

And does this stand for all employees? Or lets say one of them is pregnant? No maternity leave one presumes?

Rocky

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the couple of TDs who have one foot in the grave and hardly ever attend the Dail.
Is there any like that? I've heard that one or two FFers are not well, but do they never attend the Dail?

jmcc

Looks like some kind of move to distract attention from the dire poll results. Wonder what else is in the upcoming polls?

Regards...jmcc

hiding behind a poster

:roll: I hope Fine Gael never stoop to the depths you're suggesting. Anyway, its interesting that you're only giving out about FG here, even though Labour also provide pairings to ill government TDs. Says it all about your ACTUAL motivation, which is just FG-bashing dressed up as a concern for the country.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies