Enda Kenny warns against loose talk about malfeasance ...as it damages the Green Jersey agenda

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Enda wants even the mere suggestion of investigation(s) into impropriety to be cracked down upon

Kenny: Suggestion of EC probe into Ireland 'wrong'
Mr Kenny added: "In the interests of the international focus on Ireland as an investment-attractive country, the commission have never stated that there are other impending state-aid cases against Ireland.

"To suggest otherwise is mischievous, is misleading and is wrong.

"That type of loose talk is potentially very damaging to our country and I take the matter very seriously indeed."
Here's the article which invoked his fury
Commission may examine 300 more Irish tax rulings
EU competition commissioner Margrethe Vestager has refused to rule out further state-aid investigations into Ireland’s tax arrangements with multinationals, as the Government intensifies discussions with Brussels about the tax it must reclaim from computer giant Apple.
In an interview with The Irish Times, the Danish commissioner said her staff were assessing about 1,000 tax rulings from across Europe, up to 300 of which are understood to be from Irish tax authorities.

So we can't even talk about political corruption investigations ...as we all need to don Green Jerseys and talk up the economy ?

[video=youtube;C14U7JYGRgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C14U7JYGRgA[/video]

Also if that is what he is saying in public ...what is he/slitheries saying/doing in private ?

cyp

Last edited:

Spanner Island

Mr Kenny also met commission president Jean-Claude Juncker to discuss Irish concerns regarding Brexit.
I wonder how that went...

I suspect we are going to be sidelined and pretty much ignored in the Brexit debacle to come...

As for the OP... I don't really get it... seems like a reasonable enough stance for a Taoiseach to take in relation to EU investigations...

cozzy121

(duplicate post)

Last edited:

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Kenny, a known wally ...ably (mis)guided by Fionnula "Mata Hari" Kelly - a protegee of the late and evil PJ ...then CJ ...is by now clear to all as a Manchurian candidate

He has destroyed Fine Gael - making it clear that the country is for sale

Green Jersey ... coverups ...incompetence

Denis O'Brien proved prescient - his investment in FG - has proved interesting ...as have his investments in the Clintons...indeed...this...came from them

Full circle eh ?

cyp

Mad as Fish

I wonder how that went...

I suspect we are going to be sidelined and pretty much ignored in the Brexit debacle to come...

As for the OP... I don't really get it... seems like a reasonable enough stance for a Taoiseach to take in relation to EU investigations...
Yep, as I've said all along, despite us being at the heart of Europe it'll be 'do as you are told' to which Enda will go scurrying about squeaking 'yes boss', 'right away sir' and 'anything else master'?

tipofdiceberg

There is also the internal matter of the offshore activities of over 300 Irish companies whose identities are about to become public.
I don't see those wearing the green jersey.

Last edited:

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
His ineptitude actually gets to me most ... the bullying demeanor he shows in the OP towards the media ... is moot ...as the truth is out there

This ham fisted attempt at coverup has been an enduring feature of his reign of terror in FG - note his handlers trying to cover up his racist utterances in 2002 http://www.politics.ie/forum/fine-gael/130594-2002-enda-kenny-calls-assassinated-pm-congo-niggerr.html

He literally hopes that so long as it isn't on the front page...that he can get away with it

He still refuses to say why MMOC got appointed to Cabinet http://www.politics.ie/forum/fine-gael/251805-why-mary-mitchell-o-connor-appointed-cabinet.html

Omerta, Cronyism ... orders to the media to cover things up

And we all well know that he has no significant competence himself

Frankly ...at least when FF were in Government ...we were allowed to say what they were

Enda - is much worse than Bertie or Charlie at this stage - as his proclivity towards bullying the media ...is a step towards the undemocratic territory which neither FG nor FF have occupied for decades ... by me reckoning ...he has set civil society back in Ireland some 40 or so years

cyp

Orbit v2

You can be sure Kenny didn't just have this notion by himself. It seems to be open (political/psychological) warfare now between the Irish state and the European commission's competition directorate.

He's not saying that the commission isn't entitled to investigate these cases. He's saying that they aren't investigating them.

He's accusing the commission of scaremongering or bluffing basically, as in "Oh, you're in trouble. I'm telling the teacher on you", but then not saying anything to the teacher...Whether that turns out to be true or not remains to be seen. Even if you believe (as I do) that the commission is wrong over the Apple case, they could still vindictively open up more of them.

ainm_eile

His ineptitude actually gets to me most ... the bullying demeanor he shows in the OP towards the media ... is moot ...as the truth is out there

This ham fisted attempt at coverup has been an enduring feature of his reign of terror in FG - note his handlers trying to cover up his racist utterances in 2002 http://www.politics.ie/forum/fine-gael/130594-2002-enda-kenny-calls-assassinated-pm-congo-niggerr.html

He literally hopes that so long as it isn't on the front page...that he can get away with it

He still refuses to say why MMOC got appointed to Cabinet http://www.politics.ie/forum/fine-gael/251805-why-mary-mitchell-o-connor-appointed-cabinet.html

Omerta, Cronyism ... orders to the media to cover things up

And we all well know that he has no significant competence himself

Frankly ...at least when FF were in Government ...we were allowed to say what they were

Enda - is much worse than Bertie or Charlie at this stage - as his proclivity towards bullying the media ...is a step towards the undemocratic territory which neither FG nor FF have occupied for decades ... by me reckoning ...he has set civil society back in Ireland some 40 or so years

cyp
Just like Haughey, Enda's autocratic and corrupt style is continuing to seriously hurt FG. There is also a bit of a 2009 FF vibe off this government

Now the next generation is becoming caught up in this and following the bad example of their elders. Leo and Simon have been trying to bribe FG councillors into supporting them. Paschal Donahue has been suggesting that he might take bribes himself if he doesn't get paid enough.

The problem is that if the younger generation at the top are starting to engage in brazen cute-hoorism and roping in local politicians in the process, it will likely spread elsewhere. As a result, FG will have to deal with problems keeping honest and competent people inside the party, and will weaken it fairly quickly. Especially since this has likely been happening since 2014 or so. FF found out very badly in 2011 what it is like to be intellectually weak, because it's a weakness that will catch up with you at the worst possible moment.

I'd say FF are turning a blind eye to all of this since they know that FG will only get worse the longer they go unchallenged, and the easier it will be for FF to knock them over during the next election. Leo and Simon think that FF are indulging this because they intend to preserve the "old" system going forward, but notice how FF have been careful in avoiding impropriety themselves and writing some not insubstantial proposals on reform. I'd say they hope to sit back and let FG's poor morals come to destroy them even further over the next two years. FG will accordingly be too toxic as a coalition partner for any leftwing party.

So FF can return to its previous ascendancy by arguing that FG will never get near power again unless they allow it. Being reasonably honest and competent once they get in themselves would be a natural move that would leave FG holding the can for the past two decades of misgovernment with no way back into power to redeem themselves. Some people predict that FF will go mad again, but why would a political party make a near-fatal mistake twice?

I don't agree with your concerns about civil society, it is much easier to challenge this kind of carry on than before.

VHF

That horse has bolted 6 months ago. Plenty of chatter ongoing in relation to other industry giants, non IT related.
Kenny really is yesterday's man, miles behind the events as per usual. Fed his briefs which are obsolete by the time he gets the packs.

VHF

There is also the internal matter of the offshore activities of over 300 Irish companies whose identities are about to become public.
And there's more!

Socratus O' Pericles

Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael have grown closer over the years:

Boy M5

Did anyone see this alleged of government walk up to Theresa May like a village idiot on the news last night. May was in middle of a conversation with, from memory, Hollande. Kenny retreated.

He is the a avatar of official Ireland. Pathetic, not competent and bullying.

He's a dead man walking. The picture on the front of today's IT even makes him look like a corpse in make up.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Fionnuala is just seeing how much damage she can do ... he has been doing Fianna Fáils' work ...but she knows FG are in trouble ...so she is letting Enda bring them down

Then Fianna Fáil get back to power

Problem is that Enda...is now more FF than Bertie ...so the sooner he goes...the better

Ideally she'd like Simple Simon to take over ...and run FG into the ground ...but if there is a whiff of Leo ... Michael will collapse the government

I think good FGers need to collapse the government ...as Enda...will do worse in the next 4 years than Michael in the next 5

cyp

eoghanacht

Do as the other say, not as they do.

Remember we're silly little pixie heads.

VHF

Did anyone see this alleged of government walk up to Theresa May like a village idiot on the news last night. May was in middle of a conversation with, from memory, Hollande. Kenny retreated.

He is the a avatar of official Ireland. Pathetic, not competent and bullying.

He's a dead man walking. The picture on the front of today's IT even makes him look like a corpse in make up.
@Boy M5 - what TV news was that footage on, was it RTE 6 or 9 news yesterday, or UK channel? Will be interesting to lift the clip and upload it.

Was it similar to this classic footage of Cowen?

https://youtu.be/BzN0Js0tKZ4

Nipper

I wonder how that went... I suspect we are going to be sidelined and pretty much ignored in the Brexit debacle to come... As for the OP... I don't really get it... seems like a reasonable enough stance for a Taoiseach to take in relation to EU investigations...
And that's assuming we haven't already been told to leave along with the U.K.

Franzoni

Fionnuala is just seeing how much damage she can do ... he has been doing Fianna Fáils' work ...but she knows FG are in trouble ...so she is letting Enda bring them down

Then Fianna Fáil get back to power

Problem is that Enda...is now more FF than Bertie ...so the sooner he goes...the better

Ideally she'd like Simple Simon to take over ...and run FG into the ground ...but if there is a whiff of Leo ... Michael will collapse the government

I think good FGers need to collapse the government ...as Enda...will do worse in the next 4 years than Michael in the next 5

cyp

Don't disagree with your overall assessment of the situation and the probable outcome ... but i think you over egg the pudding with the conspiracy theories...

More simply a case of the leopard unable to change it's spots with the homespun advice on short term populism that worked for FF in the past and eventually led to their undoing now there is a few bob doing the rounds again......

The electorate also have to hold their hands up on electing these gimps into office and not being able to see beyond the end of their nose...an extra 100 lids a year in the budget or €160 on water charges......FFS i've lost more on the flip of a card.....

I'd rather see it being kept and used to get people out of hotel rooms ............but i know it wouldn't be or that water charges wouldn't end up being the highest in the EU in double time as do many others hence the undoing of FG-Lab who promised to clean up Dodge...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies