• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Enda Kenny was never fit to be FG leader, and he has turned them into FF in his thirst for power

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Enda Kenny is a known wally

He is a backslapper extraordinaire and to my mind more Fianna Fáil than Fine Gael

Indeed his wife, Fionnuala , is a protégé of the late and evil PJ Mara and CJ Haughey

At the outset, he cracked racist joke(s) ...which is one thing...but his handlers tried a coverup ...even the UK Conservative party said he should have been fired

Frank Flannery and Phil Hogan deserve the credit for the modest win back in seats ... neither Frank nor Phil are good people

In the 2007 General Election Richard Bruton was sidelined, and not allowed to highlight the grave peril the economy was in. Furthermore Kenny pulled his punches over Bertie's Tribunal woes. Enda had a senselessly authoritarian style, and relied on his kitchen cabinet to do all his thinking for him...he didn't choose wisely on who to outsource his thinking to
  • In the country of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Enda was only saved from the Richard Bruton putsch by virtue of getting deeper into the doo doo with Shatter, Reilly and Hogan... three subsequently poorly performing ministers

When Enda eventually made it into government ...it was pure Fianna Fáil, unbridled cronyism and moral turpitude ...absent though even a scintilla of competence...in 2012 he even had to ring the bell of the NYSE with [redacted]

Enda lost the 2016 election...and then fought viciously to hang on...and Fianna Fáil regularly show him up...the irony

Fianna Fáil ought to have been put to death after they were caught out of the financial crisis...but then....who is Fianna Fáil ...and who is Fine Gael ?

[Regarding Fionnuala O'Kelly ] She gave up her high-flying career to bring up their children in 1997...One friend said: "Some people felt at that time that she had sacrificed a better future than Enda ever had in front of him." ... In 1997 there was no hint of such ambition. And many believe it was the feisty Fionnuala who gave him the confidence to step up to the plate.

cYp

GDPR

cYp, when you say who is Fianna Fail and who is Fine Gael, is that like "Which witch is which" in the first photograph ....

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Who'd you have take his place? That's the only question really worth asking.

Dame_Enda

He is a competent economic manager but a very poor health service manager. The decision to put a former President of the IMO in the Dept of Health worried me from the very beginning considering the opposition of consultants to reform. Reillys abolition of the NTPF and the Harney colocation plan predictably brought back the long waiting times and A+E overcrowding. The public waiting time for a hip replacement is 18 months in Waterford. Reillys nadir was when he announced the year before the GE that the Dutch model was cancelled.

Simon Harris and Leo Varadkar seem to have similar ideas in terms of hospital trusts. I personally agree with them except I might keep a national wage for staff rather than local ones. But Enda has shown with Reillys Dutch model that while he may promote persons with big ideas, that he shares FF's conservatism when it comes to implementation on issues other than the economy (where he braved the forest of protesters). I think its time to hand on to the next generation.

Rural

Who'd you have take his place? That's the only question really worth asking.
It's not difficult to answer Kev, anyone who doesn't tell unnecessary porkies (all the time), anyone who doesn't lick Euro-arse and beg for more (at our expense). Anyone who doesn't act like Kenny would be an improvement.

The difficult one to answer is - Will Ireland ever get a leader with honesty and decorum, who can put the country before themselves and their party? I'm afraid I can't think of any leader of any of the parties with these qualities.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Enda has very little national electoral power of attraction and seems to inspire only negativity among the various echelons of FG.

He seems to have managed to get FG to row in the same direction since becoming leader, but his ability to do so appears to be down to his shall we say "Captain-Bligh-like" qualities.

I really can't understand why he hasn't been abandoned to a row boat with his loyal senior officers.

He must be very good at stifling dissent. There really is no other believable explanation for his survival so far.

Loaisman

It's not difficult to answer Kev, anyone who doesn't tell unnecessary porkies (all the time), anyone who doesn't lick Euro-arse and beg for more (at our expense). Anyone who doesn't act like Kenny would be an improvement.

The difficult one to answer is - Will Ireland ever get a leader with honesty and decorum, who can put the country before themselves and their party? I'm afraid I can't think of any leader of any of the parties with these qualities.
Well that rules out 95% of all politicians, and 100% of party affiliated ones. Politicians live by telling lies. A simple fact - learnt by personal expereince of working with them for 20+ years. Unfortunately, lying is a necessary "skill" to gaining any traction in the political world, and no-one with power is going to volutarily change the system that got them there.

Rural

Well that rules out 95% of all politicians, and 100% of party affiliated ones. Politicians live by telling lies. A simple fact - learnt by personal expereince of working with them for 20+ years. Unfortunately, lying is a necessary "skill" to gaining any traction in the political world, and no-one with power is going to volutarily change the system that got them there.
That may have worked before the people became more intelligent and educated, but Enda takes the biscuit when it comes to unnecessary, stupid, blatant lies, the best known one being "I met a man with a pint in each hand"!

Politicians shouldn't lie, they usually get caught out.

greengoose2

Enda has very little national electoral power of attraction and seems to inspire only negativity among the various echelons of FG.

He seems to have managed to get FG to row in the same direction since becoming leader, but his ability to do so appears to be down to his shall we say "Captain-Bligh-like" qualities.

I really can't understand why he hasn't been abandoned to a row boat with his loyal senior officers.

He must be very good at stifling dissent. There really is no other believable explanation for his survival so far.
Surely you mean Fletcher Christian. Bligh was an accomplished engineer, a seaman of outstanding talent and certainly not the slug type creature that Enda is! Were he ever to be abandoned in a row boat I would give him an afternoon before the craft would sink!

Toland

Website
Surely you mean Fletcher Christian. Bligh was an accomplished engineer, a seaman of outstanding talent and certainly not the slug type creature that Enda is! Were he ever to be abandoned in a row boat I would give him an afternoon before the craft would sink!
I'm talking about his style of leadership. For all I know, Enda is brilliant at metalwork and plays a mean game of asteroids.

God on a stick, but you do seem addicted to deliberately misunderstanding what I'm saying!

My advice is to get out of the habit: it makes you look silly.

greengoose2

I'm talking about his style of leadership. For all I know, Enda is brilliant at metalwork and plays a mean game of asteroids.

God on a stick!
Stick with Enda; leave Bligh out of this as you are well out of your depth with that distraction. Enda's style of leadership is pure Late Late Show; one for everyone in the audience. Gob************************e on a stick more like!

Toland

Website
Stick with Enda; leave Bligh out of this as you are well out of your depth with that distraction. Enda's style of leadership is pure Late Late Show; one for everyone in the audience. Gob************************e on a stick more like!
you can lead a horse to water ...

sigh

Notachipanoaktree

Enda Kenny is a known wally

He is a backslapper extraordinaire and to my mind more Fianna Fáil than Fine Gael

Indeed his wife, Fionnuala , is a protégé of the late and evil PJ Mara and CJ Haughey

At the outset, he cracked racist joke(s) ...which is one thing...but his handlers tried a coverup ...even the UK Conservative party said he should have been fired

Frank Flannery and Phil Hogan deserve the credit for the modest win back in seats ... neither Frank nor Phil are good people

In the 2007 General Election Richard Bruton was sidelined, and not allowed to highlight the grave peril the economy was in. Furthermore Kenny pulled his punches over Bertie's Tribunal woes. Enda had a senselessly authoritarian style, and relied on his kitchen cabinet to do all his thinking for him...he didn't choose wisely on who to outsource his thinking to
  • In the country of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Enda was only saved from the Richard Bruton putsch by virtue of getting deeper into the doo doo with Shatter, Reilly and Hogan... three subsequently poorly performing ministers

When Enda eventually made it into government ...it was pure Fianna Fáil, unbridled cronyism and moral turpitude ...absent though even a scintilla of competence...in 2012 he even had to ring the bell of the NYSE with [redacted]

Enda lost the 2016 election...and then fought viciously to hang on...and Fianna Fáil regularly show him up...the irony

Fianna Fáil ought to have been put to death after they were caught out of the financial crisis...but then....who is Fianna Fáil ...and who is Fine Gael ?

cYp
As if they were ever anything else except FF. Healthy rivalry between the parishes. What a shower of nobheads we all are.

Nasty little country. Nasty little people

Well done Cyp. Another great thread on the abounding insanity that is our native camp.

Loaisman

That may have worked before the people became more intelligent and educated, but Enda takes the biscuit when it comes to unnecessary, stupid, blatant lies, the best known one being "I met a man with a pint in each hand"!

Politicians shouldn't lie, they usually get caught out.
Sadly, experience says otherwise. Politicians have to lie ("I will support you", "vote for me and I'll ....") in order to get preferrment within the system. Even when caught, they laugh it off - and still get votes, partly because of favours given and lies told get them the party nominations. Power corrupts, and the pursuit of power starts the process. In short, the type of person who goes into politics is more likely to be a liar than a crusader.

There are odd exceptions, but these seldom rise above council backbencher as they are too honest for their own good.

Rural

Sadly, experience says otherwise. Politicians have to lie ("I will support you", "vote for me and I'll ....") in order to get preferrment within the system. Even when caught, they laugh it off - and still get votes, partly because of favours given and lies told get them the party nominations. Power corrupts, and the pursuit of power starts the process. In short, the type of person who goes into politics is more likely to be a liar than a crusader.

There are odd exceptions, but these seldom rise above council backbencher as they are too honest for their own good.
I don't know what to say, you have just depressed me no end, there is no hope!:cry:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies