• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Enda wants political director to 'babysit' his high-maintenance backbenchers

Heligoland

Fionnan Sheahan writing in today's Indo reports that Enda Kenny doesn't trust his backbenchers and feels he is falling out of favour with enough of them to get him worried. So he wants to hire someone to listen to their complaints on his behalf, and perhaps salve bruised egos after a reshuffle.

Kenny wants political director to 'babysit' his high-maintenance TDs - Independent.ie

Actually, I'm not sure if that is what the article says. I only scanned and checked out the comments on another site. But anyway, Fionnan Sheahan, who has (of course) no interest in destabilising the Fine Gael front bench, is writing something about Kenny, in which an unnamed source uses intemperate language about the dear leader's plans. So brave.

ger12

That article says "The Labour Party has also recently appointed a spin doctor to look after the party's backbenchers."

I take it the money to pay this poor person comes out of the Labour Party kitty?

Ryan Tubbs

The photoshopping of that photograph is a little bit juvenile, don't you think? Couldn't you find an ACTUAL photo of him?

Ryan Tubbs

I take it the money to pay this poor person comes out of the Labour Party kitty?
No, I'm sure the Labour party are somehow de-frauding the taxpayer and getting the State to pay for it somehow, illegally.

:roll:

tigerben

Lol the size of his head is nearly as big as Gilmore's ego. Another made up job for someone who has successfully lick arsed. Will it be along the lines of a crèche ? If so they'll need a few carers. One per six TDs. :)

cabledude

Sorry for bringing you O.P. off topic, but Fionnan Sheehan has the biggest forehead I've ever seen. Sorry again.

Back on topic. Is this for real. Babysitters for grown adults. This is crazy stuff.

Eoin Coir

He must be eating horsemeat, as he has a head as long as and like a horse

Seriously though who pays. Bertie used have all these jobs paid by taxpayer, including a unit listening to what every local station was saying.

Victor Meldrew

Read the article folks, The position will be paid out of FG HQ coffers.

Person will need to be a former Oireachtas member (so they have access to the bar and the Dail generally) and will have to be loyal to Enda, trusted by Enda and not a divisive figure who can be diplomatic. They also need to be able to convince the backbenchers that FF's resurgence is real.

Candidates?

Ulster-Lad

read the article folks, the position will be paid out of fg hq coffers.

Person will need to be a former oireachtas member (so they have access to the bar and the dail generally) and will have to be loyal to enda, trusted by enda and not a divisive figure who can be diplomatic. They also need to be able to convince the backbenchers that ff's resurgence is real.

Candidates?
hbap

Rocky

That is a bizarre article and the "Fine Gael source" seems a bit all over the place.

First he attacks the position:
"Political director? What about babysitter or a glorified county councillor listening to queries?"
Then he seems to suggest it's a great idea:
"The backbenchers are delighted they won't have to go through them (Mr Kenny's handlers) any more. There are so many things happening."
BTW this was in Miaraim Lord's piece in Saturday's Times.

Rocky

Eoin Coir

Read the article folks, The position will be paid out of FG HQ coffers.

Person will need to be a former Oireachtas member (so they have access to the bar and the Dail generally) and will have to be loyal to Enda, trusted by Enda and not a divisive figure who can be diplomatic. They also need to be able to convince the backbenchers that FF's resurgence is real.

Candidates?
John Drennan ( former FG HQ staff applicant) Vincent Browne ( former FG candiate applicant) Eoghan Harris ( former FG adviser under Bruton), Jody Corcoran (former Bertie/Biffo insider)

Ryan Tubbs

They also need to be able to convince the backbenchers that FF's resurgence is real.
Surely the aim would be to convince the leadership that FF's resurgence is real? The backbenchers are up against them on the ground, 7 days a week, so I very much doubt the Cabinet ministers are more aware of it!

Ryan Tubbs

John Drennan ( former FG HQ staff applicant) Vincent Browne ( former FG candiate applicant) Eoghan Harris ( former FG adviser under Bruton), Jody Corcoran (former Bertie/Biffo insider)
Misanthropes, sociopaths, incompetents and weirdos.

Sure, any of them would reeeaalllly help relations with backbenchers......

turdsl

I sincerely hope it is not taxpayers money, they would hardly be that arrogant. telling us the country is broke at the same time.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies