• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

English Democrats in bed with Fascists

cornubian

Website
www.cornwall24.co.uk
Read the transcript of the first interview with the newly elected English Democrat Mayor of Doncaster here: Welcome To The North A whole lot of nothing

Not a very good start.

Now as I'll probably be accused of being anti English or opposed to English self-determination I'd just like to state that I 'm not opposed to English Nationalism and that's exactly why I do what I do. English Nationalism deserves far better than the EDP and their alliance with the white nationalist England First Party.

5intheface

Thanks cornubian, the interview was hilarious.

cactusflower

Very interesting. Never a good idea to sup with the devil, no matter how long a spoon one thinks one has.

I'm coming to think that any good in nationalism is outworn at this stage and that if you want to oppose the BNP or similar you have to oppose nationalism.

Eorna

Very interesting. Never a good idea to sup with the devil, no matter how long a spoon one thinks one has.

I'm coming to think that any good in nationalism is outworn at this stage and that if you want to oppose the BNP or similar you have to oppose nationalism.
I have arrived at the opposite conclusion, and find that internationalism and those that espouse borders are only serving big business, multi-nationals and their own ego's

cactusflower

I have arrived at the opposite conclusion, and find that internationalism and those that espouse borders are only serving big business, multi-nationals and their own ego's
The multi-nationals play games with nationalism, to suit themselves. They are constantly wanting to see national entities broken down into smaller and more malleable units.

scratchnsniff

CORNUBION
Someone on another thread compared the English democrats to the BNP, I said at the time i considered it grossly unfair, having looked at their web page.
You seem to be saying with this article that they have been associating with England first(another group i had never heard of) and trying to target far right voters.
However as one of the posters on your linked site states, their election material specifically states they are not racist, have no racist policies, and are not associated with other parties.
could you tell us if this link with a far right party is under the table official or just some local members going of on their own?
Also if you are the same poster from Cornwall commenting on the page you linked, you would appear to have a bit of history with the ED, what is their policy on an independent Cornwall and has this Biased your view?
personally I thought that the poster on the other thread was just having a knee jerk reaction to English nationalism, where none would exist had it been welsh, Scottish, Irish. I think it would be a shame if the English nationalists were not respected in their endeavors simply because of some misplaced enmity from some outside.

brasco

Nothing new.....members of the English Democrats have a history in the fringe politics of British Nationalist fascist groups...(NF, British Movement, etc)

reknaw

Well, I'm glad they are in bed with each other. And I don't really care which of them gets the hardest shafting.

st333ve

In the UK The Green Party won 2 seats.

The BNP won 2.

When you put that into perspective from Irelands point of view, Labour only have 1 more seat than the BNP in Europe.

Geekzilla

Read the transcript of the first interview with the newly elected English Democrat Mayor of Doncaster here: Welcome To The North A whole lot of nothing

Not a very good start.

Now as I'll probably be accused of being anti English or opposed to English self-determination I'd just like to state that I 'm not opposed to English Nationalism and that's exactly why I do what I do. English Nationalism deserves far better than the EDP and their alliance with the white nationalist England First Party.
Priceless - especially the comment about sensible interviews!!!

cornubian

Website
www.cornwall24.co.uk
A couple of blog posts here that may be of interest.

The Cornish Republican: More from the English fascists in Kernow

The Cornish Republican: The wonderful chaos that is English regionalism

Before anybody points out the inconsistencies in blogging about English regionalists and then following this with a post calling for a progressive English nationalist party let me just say that I support the people of England's right to self-determination. If they want a single parliament then they should have it. On the other hand if they decide that regional parliaments would better suit them then so be it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies