Enniskillen Bombing , 24 years today

Niall996

Do you really believe the pish you post? There were two bombs that day, 3 IRA gangs involved , Donegal, Fermanagh and Monaghan ( the Monaghan brigade was still seeking revenge for Lynagh), between planning, building the bombs, transporting and placing them up to 30 IRA were involved. The approval for the operations came from the Northern Command...
Were the Paras disbanded after murdering even more civilians? No. And even where the RUC and UDR were disbanded, many of the individuals remained within the new organisations. Enniskillen was roundly condemned in Republican circles. These were unintentional killings. There was far worse committed in NI by both sides.

Niall996

Glad to see you admit the IRA were guilty of atrocities.

I don't think anyone has ever said the IRA did not commit atrocities. Name me one army in history involved in war that hasn't committed atrocities. War is atrocious by its nature. It's childish to imagine otherwise. The real issue is why was there a war, why was there an IRA, why were the BA in Ireland and why is NI what it is?

Mickeymac

Glad to see you admit the IRA were guilty of atrocities.

Most wars I have read and researched pal have never established one side good and the other side bad until you come to the Irish conflict where you have folk like yourself who can only see the horrors inflicted by only one side of the equation.

Take time out sometime pal and read up, educate yourself, then come back here to talk about war, conflict and the misery it has caused to millions since the beginning of time.

all the best

The Brit war machine murdered many men women and children overseas during their colonialism and in decades after their evil empire became redundant continued to murder their own citizens in the North of Ireland .....unfortunately......but good to see it exposed internationally over these past few years.
Why not start a thread about that pal as your comments would appear to be off topic as this thread concerns the IRA murder of 11 people at a Remembrance Sunday service and it's aftermath........Thank you.

Mickeymac

I don't think anyone has ever said the IRA did not commit atrocities. Name me one army in history involved in war that hasn't committed atrocities. War is atrocious by its nature. It's childish to imagine otherwise. The real issue is why was there a war, why was there an IRA, why were the BA in Ireland and why is NI what it is?

The last sentence of your message above sir has been avoided and deflected by onionism and the Brits for many decades.....PIRA was not born overnight, there were reasons as to why it came into existence.

McSlaggart

You mean like the deliberate and premeditated murder of two children at Mullaghmore ?
Yes people in the IRA would have said that was counter productive. {personally I thought it horrific as with many other actions carried out during the troubles.

Jack O Neill

Yes people in the IRA would have said that was counter productive. {personally I thought it horrific as with many other actions carried out during the troubles.
A war with horrific actions would be a very strange type of war .

Niall996

You mean like the deliberate and premeditated murder of two children at Mullaghmore ?
Yep, the deaths of the innocents were unacceptable. Always thought that a snipers rifle would have sufficed that day and avoided tragic collateral. USing bombs in that context woudl a bit like, oh let me think, dropping fire bombs on civilian cities from planes with absolutely no regard whatsoever for innocent lives. However, the world was a better place without Mountbatten in it, that's for sure.

Jack O Neill

Yep, the deaths of the innocents were unacceptable. Always thought that a snipers rifle would have sufficed that day and avoided tragic collateral. USing bombs in that context woudl a bit like, oh let me think, dropping fire bombs on civilian cities from planes with absolutely no regard whatsoever for innocent lives. However, the world was a better place without Mountbatten in it, that's for sure.
Yep
Crocodile tears for those two children does not hid the fact that Mountbatten and his ilk are and were mass murderers of children

death or glory

Do you really believe the pish you post? There were two bombs that day, 3 IRA gangs involved , Donegal, Fermanagh and Monaghan ( the Monaghan brigade was still seeking revenge for Lynagh), between planning, building the bombs, transporting and placing them up to 30 IRA were involved. The approval for the operations came from the Northern Command...
The same as the Shankill bomb.
Pure sectarian mass murder committed by evil terrorist scum.
These sectarian murder of innocent men, women and children put to bed the lie that the RA were not sectarian.
These were evil, bitter sectarian murdering terrorist scum, yet quite a few on here try to defend or apologise for them.
I suppose as Bobby said ."every tea egg has their part to play"

rainmaker

Administrator
I don't think anyone has ever said the IRA did not commit atrocities. Name me one army in history involved in war that hasn't committed atrocities. War is atrocious by its nature.
Then why are you constantly whining on about the British & Dresden every time someone points out an atrocity committed in your name, then?

Jack O Neill

Then why are you constantly whining on about the British & Dresden every time someone points out an atrocity committed in your name, then?
Why dont you condemn the actions of your British and loyalist heroes as you do the actions of the IRA .

rainmaker

Administrator
Why dont you condemn the actions of your British and loyalist heroes as you do the actions of the IRA .
I have done & I do, so that will not wash with me either.

I would do the same thing if I came across anyone justifying the Greysteel.

Jack O Neill

No you have not or would not , we know what your agenda is and has always been . Making you a moderator on this site is like putting Michael Stone in charge of food preparation for Republican prisoners in the H blocks.

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

Yep
Crocodile tears for those two children does not hid the fact that Mountbatten and his ilk are and were mass murderers of children
What I'd worry about is what Mountbatten was up to with that little lad on the boat. The man was a paedophile.

oleoleole

That is the simple difference. Greysteel was horrific of course but people don't go around trying to justify it now. People don't vote for Michael Stone and his ilk.

CastleRay

A war with horrific actions would be a very strange type of war .
No it wouldn't.

However, if you think the IRA were involved in a war then they are war criminals as they broke just about every international convention with their existence, modus operandi and their repeated human rights atrocities that they committed.

Niall996

No it wouldn't.

However, if you think the IRA were involved in a war then they are war criminals as they broke just about every international convention with their existence, modus operandi and their repeated human rights atrocities that they committed.
As did every army. Once war is unleashed there are no rules. You need to focus on the causes of war, not isolated individual incidences. In the end both sides called a military truce. The British and NI security forces had lost too many and the IRA wanted to prevent further civilian casualties. Remember, the BA killed more innocent civilians than IRA volunteers. That war is over. Time to address the political issues that caused the war in the first place. The GFA has gone a long way in that regard by removing the Protestant Unionist terrorist veto on democracy. I’m sure everyone is agreed on that.

Newrybhoy

As did every army. Once war is unleashed there are no rules. You need to focus on the causes of war, not isolated individual incidences. In the end both sides called a military truce. The British and NI security forces had lost too many and the IRA wanted to prevent further civilian casualties. Remember, the BA killed more innocent civilians than IRA volunteers. That war is over. Time to address the political issues that caused the war in the first place. The GFA has gone a long way in that regard by removing the Protestant Unionist terrorist veto on democracy. I’m sure everyone is agreed on that.
It's good to see that you feel the security forces should have went to the homes of Provos and executed them on the spot.

The fact that they didn't explains your drivel about the numbers killed.

Niall996

It's good to see that you feel the security forces should have went to the homes of Provos and executed them on the spot.

The fact that they didn't explains your drivel about the numbers killed.
Eh, shoot to kill, hello. No one has clean hands in any military conflict. To think otherwise is ludicrous and betrays a completely niaive concept of warfare. You need to focus on the root cause.