Enquiries/Tribunals. Ad Nauseum

cobra

Twitter
dont do twittering nonsense
Anyone find it odd or even distasteful that a bankrupt and his sidekick can be questioning the head of the Guards?
I am no fan of the garda but the level of hypocritical behaviour in this country makes me sick.
If all this happened across the water, all would have had to resign ages ago.
Not here. Gombeens don't do honour or shame

eoghanacht

How very dare they.....

milipod

[video=youtube;Nf_Y4MbUCLY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf_Y4MbUCLY&t=143s[/video]

Socratus O' Pericles

Mr Chambers asked whether the data on breath tests and checkpoints related to possible bonuses awarded to senior figures in the force.
Ms O’Sullivan said while some “divisional activity targets would be related to traffic...to reduce deaths on the road”, she was not aware whether this was the case with breath tests.
“I am not aware of the bonus. One of the deficits we have is performance management. We don’t know it here today, I certainly I don’t.”
FF still not expressing confidence in Garda chief after questions

I'd have thought she would know, its a pretty straightforward question.

milipod

Straightforward question are you having a giraffe.

rgaok

Anyone find it odd or even distasteful that a bankrupt and his sidekick can be questioning the head of the Guards?
I am no fan of the garda but the level of hypocritical behaviour in this country makes me sick.
It is very annoying that Wallace is bankrupt because it makes him less credible. None of the other sheep in the Dail are asking the hard questions or taking the hard decisions.

SPN

Anyone find it odd or even distasteful that TWO DULY ELECTED MEMBERS OF DÁIL ÉIREANN a bankrupt and his sidekick can be questioning the head of the Guards?
Fixed that for you.

No bothers hun.

krusty

I find it sad that they were the only ones who got anything like an answer.

greengoose2

What I find odd and distasteful is when a comment starts with; "I am no fan of [insert subject] but...

If you go across the water, heading west, there is a President who was also bankrupt. When will he be resigning?

What I also find distasteful is a corrupt police force and a lying management.

Disillusioned democrat

In no other country in Western Europe would the head of the police force be allowed away with the level of dodgyness now associated with the police every day. The problem I have is the other 158 TDs who don't seem to be able to form a clear opinion or the government that has been forced to double down on their support of this lady over the past 4 weeks.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
One may well ask why one or two ministers in the last FG/Labour government were effectively bankrupts and only because they were 'politically exposed persons' they weren't declared as such.

If they had been average citizens they would have had the bailiffs at the door.

GDPR

Fixed that for you.

No bothers hun.
Including the last election, where the electorate were fully aware of this, and unlike Lowry, he actually acts like a national politician with questions on the national issues of the day, often long before it became fashionable. And no I did not vote for him. And fair play, you even got in Wexford slang.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

So amidst all the theft of public assets, dead babies, lying gardai, made up crimes, innocent people being summoned to court, people dying on waiting lists, the HSE letting intellectually disabled girls be sexually tortured for 20 odds years, its the scruffy bankrupt that has you upset?

Seriously?

Don Wan

Maybe being bankrupt makes Wallace more credible. After all he was not part of the two fg/ff/l banks and it could be argued that if he was in with them he would have been spared.

SPN

Maybe being bankrupt makes Wallace more credible. After all he was not part of the two fg/ff/l banks and it could be argued that if he was in with them he would have been spared.
Wallace was stitched up by ACC and Cerberus.

Both companies were entirely within their rights to do what they did, but they chose, for obvious reasons, to make the most of the opportunity to smack him, and smack him hard.

They could also have chosen to work with him in a way that would allow him to work out his loans in the manner intended at the time the loans were made.

But there was more upside in smacking him hard.

SuirView

Wallace was stitched up by ACC and Cerberus.

Both companies were entirely within their rights to do what they did, but they chose, for obvious reasons, to make the most of the opportunity to smack him, and smack him hard.

They could also have chosen to work with him in a way that would allow him to work out his loans in the manner intended at the time the loans were made.

But there was more upside in smacking him hard.
Who told you this?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies