Enterprise Ireland-'Another bit of a Fás'?

pujols

To be fair, EI is more than a grant or funding machine; a lot of its work is in areas of expertise, sharing what it has with client companies and putting them in touch with the necessary folks where they don't have it themselves. That is where a lot of the AOP budget line goes.

Tigris Celtica

Enterprise Ireland, its cost, and the return that Ireland gets for that cost should be seriously scrutinised.

I have had several dealings with Enterprise Ireland personnel and have been seriously underwhelmed each time - In fact I would go so far as to say the the Enterprise Ireland personnel I have met were grossly overpaid wastes of space.

White Rose

Enterprise Ireland, its cost, and the return that Ireland gets for that cost should be seriously scrutinised.

I have had several dealings with Enterprise Ireland personnel and have been seriously underwhelmed each time - In fact I would go so far as to say the the Enterprise Ireland personnel I have met were grossly overpaid wastes of space.
Ye i tried to get money off them one time- decided that my time would be better used in trying to win customers

Munion

Ye i tried to get money off them one time- decided that my time would be better used in trying to win customers
Personally i've found them to be great. Getting money off them was time consuming but all of the additional non-monetary help was extremely helpful.

Fides

Do any of them know anything about running an enterprise? Have they done it themselves? Otherwise they are just another bunch of consultants (who are also mostly a waste of money)

SlickWilly

The ratio of the penpushers pay relative resources spent on what they were supposed to be spent on, hey it sounds like the Irish public sector! However it was probably a bit out of sync, rem teachers' salaries account for at least 70% of the entire education budget, if not 80% and that's not factoring the retirees! Professionals my bolex!

hammer

Are State Companies not run for the benefit of public servants / civil servants ?

Another gravy train runs out of track :)

New Threads

Most Replies