• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Entrances to Quinn firms blocked - workers locked out

gijoe

Just hearing on the radio that the entrances to the (former) Quinn firms are blocked by agricultural machinery and employees are effectively locked out, or at least those employees whom are not participating in this protest or are not being intimidated by others into doing so.

collina

You can see High Court judges being swayed by this sort of acton.

Iarmhi Gael

I hope all these Agricultural machinery are taxed, road worthy & not using agricultural fuel on a public highway.

Good luck with Northern Ireland dealing with this - sure we were told Quinn had no interests in the south

tigerben

While I know its not fair on those locked out, I an glad that at least people are out protesting for a cause they believe in. This country needs a good kick up the rear end, and politicans and bankers can do what they please with out a backlash of people protesting out side the Dail to voice their displeasure.

D

Dylan2010

While I know its not fair on those locked out, I an glad that at least people are out protesting for a cause they believe in. This country needs a good kick up the rear end, and politicans and bankers can do what they please with out a backlash of people protesting out side the Dail to voice their displeasure.
very wishy washy, so if any group get some hair brained notion in their head but once they are sincere, then anything goes?

bob3367

Despite the cause being "greed and lying", its okay to protest, and deny people the right to work....bullshyte

Iphonista

These protests are illegal and will achieve nothing.

Eoin Coir

It's hard to find a word to describe how stupid the above comment is.
Comment was spot on. And I assume the Quinns will issue a statement condemning this protest which will cause disruption and loss of business.

daveL

Just hearing on the radio that the entrances to the (former) Quinn firms are blocked by agricultural machinery and employees are effectively locked out, or at least those employees whom are not participating in this protest or are not being intimidated by others into doing so.
blocked by whom?

Cibies

Some of the comments on here sometimes baffles me. Dammed if you do protest and dammed if you don't. Firstly let me say that I have no connection with Quinns or anyone working for any of the companies he own(ed) (not that I'm aware of anyway), but I do come from a part of the country which has been completely obliterated by the recession and I can totally understand peoples concerns here. The fact is Quinn was a local man who was responsible for the employment of a hell of alot of people in Cavan/Fermanagh/Leitrim areas and in alot of peoples eyes (rightly or wrongly) he has been somewhat hard done by in his treatment, and now one of his main companies has been taken over by a multi national which I would imagine alot of people fear will relocate in a few years once they have their foot properly in the door and the dust settles. What I mean by this is why was it that his case has gone through the courts so quickly when there are so many other of the top brass of the banks (Fingleton, Fitzpatrick etc.) who are still untouched. I am not condoning what Quinn did but I do think that he was moved on sooner than should have been. I can't see the point in seizing his companies when these are the means he has of paying. Like I said I have no connection with the man nor am I from the area, but I think its unfair for people to be on here calling people idiots etc for trying to make a stand against what they see as a threat to their livlihood.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies