• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Eoghan Harris gets his come uppance

Tomas Mor

Was just watching Senate live. Eoghan Harris made an impassioned speech attacking the public sector, backed strongly by Marc McSharry ( whom Harris touts as a future FF leader) Senator Buttimer then spoke and made a savage attack on Harris for supporting FF and Bertie on LLS for his " thirty pieces of silver", and accused him of attacking nurses, teachers, guards etc. Harris reacted in a rage, Cathaoirleach had a job to restore order. It was a spectacle to behold.

onlyasking

I'm surprised that Harris was actually in the Seanad. His attendance record is one of the worst in the house.

Still, he earns almost twice the average public sector salary for a few hours work per month. Nice, if you can get it.

He boasted about his crucial role in swinging the last election for Bertie and Biffo, and was rewarded by Bertie with a seat in the house at our expense. Harris then launched his personal vendetta against all public sector workers, describing them as "the real delinquents" in the collapse of the economy. Nothing to do with Bertie and Biffo, and the cheerleader "wot won it" for them. Nothing at all. It was the nurses and the teachers who ruined everything.

SlabMurphy

Website
www.dublin.ie
Was just watching Senate live. Eoghan Harris made an impassioned speech attacking the public sector, backed strongly by Marc McSharry ( whom Harris touts as a future FF leader) Senator Buttimer then spoke and made a savage attack on Harris for supporting FF and Bertie on LLS for his " thirty pieces of silver", and accused him of attacking nurses, teachers, guards etc. Harris reacted in a rage, Cathaoirleach had a job to restore order. It was a spectacle to behold.
Harris was in his element I'm afraid. He loves a bit of theater, blowing smoke out his butt that's all.

TradCat

I do hate all the attacks on public servants. They are our brother sisters cousins and friends. But we can't afford to pay them as if the taxes were still rolling in from the bubble. That's not their fault and why wouldn't they be ticked off over the situation.

turdsl

I would like to think if i had been appointed to anything by the disgraced former
Toiseach I would have enough character to resign my appointment, or at least have enough intelligence or shame to sit in the corner and keep my mouth shut.Does Harris really thing he has the right to speak for anyone other than Bertie
and we know where he is stuck at the moment,

Hewson

Harris is a worn-out, tiresome, repetitive, predictable wind-bag with as good a grasp of economic reality as a haddock. He gets more attention than he merits because he can always be guaranteed to take a 'controversial' (i.e. clueless) stand on current affairs, offering a view that most intelligent people will have already considered and dismissed.

His and Celia (that money was just resting in my account) Larkin's pieces in the Sindo are the two I religiously avoid reading.

Whatever they're paid, even in Dunnes Stores food vouchers, is too much.

I didn't know C Larkin wrote for the sindo. What the hell is wrong with this country.

FF still get 25% of the vote and over 200,000 buy a shameless FF crony paper every week.

Monday Monday

Harris truely getting his comeuppance will look something like Kevin Klines comeuppance in A Fish Called Wanda.

Tomas Mor

There are probably some parts of ps that needs pairing back, but not frontline staff, many of whom are on low wages. Senate sat for 1.5 days last week ( Wed and Thursday until 1.30pm) Harris is on a mission like an elder statesman, has no shame and neither has Sindo. They boosted the property boom, through Ballsy O Coonnor and others. Harris and Sindo shamefully promoted Bertie . Maybe they were told to do so after visit of Biffo and Bert to Sir Anto. Anyway it was great to see Buttimer, who seems to be a bit of a pugilist, demolish him.

Franzoni

There are probably some parts of ps that needs pairing back, but not frontline staff, many of whom are on low wages. Senate sat for 1.5 days last week ( Wed and Thursday until 1.30pm) Harris is on a mission like an elder statesman, has no shame and neither has Sindo. They boosted the property boom, through Ballsy O Coonnor and others. Harris and Sindo shamefully promoted Bertie . Maybe they were told to do so after visit of Biffo and Bert to Sir Anto. Anyway it was great to see Buttimer, who seems to be a bit of a pugilist, demolish him.
Pity instead of his come uppance he didn't get a uppercut..followed by a few jabs and rabbit punches...

onlyasking

I didn't know C Larkin wrote for the sindo. What the hell is wrong with this country.
What's wrong, in this context, is that there are far too many morons and sheep who continue to buy these rags. Add to Larkin the likes of Brendan O'Connor. Imagine if the Observer published Graham Norton or Jonathan Ross as a political commentator? The readership would walk away. However, after O'Connor has done his stint on a crap 'talent' show or whatever other podium the munchkins in RTE provide him with, he'll turn his attention to whatever subject his mentor SENATOR Harris directs him to, and hundreds of thousands of the morons who voted our idiot government into power will lap it all up.

FF still get 25% of the vote and over 200,000 buy a shameless FF crony paper every week.
Is it possible that the relatively low average IQ of the Irish (as recorded in international studies) is actually a reflection of the gross stupidity of a hell of a lot of the population. The evidence is all around, especially in our body politic, our newspapers and on our TV screens.

clunk

Marc Mac Sharry ffs, I don't think those of us who work in the Public Sector need take seriously the ramblings of an ESTATE AGENT. I think your cronies might have a significant role to play in the mess the nation is in.

owedtojoy

I protest at this abuse of a photo of my boyhood hero, Scottie. Consider these prophetic words as we face environmental and economic catastrophe:

Ye can nae change the laws o'physics, Cap'n

She'll nae take more o' this, Capt'n, the Enterprise will be destroyed.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies