Eoghan Murphy watch - track his housing policies and delivery of ACTUAL HOMES

brughahaha

I'm just stumped completely how Young (and mid 30's at this stage) Voters with families who are paying extortionate rents and have no hope of getting on the Housing ladder are so completely and utterly passive about it.

Worse many of them it seems will actually vote for more of the same , like some sort of Pavlovian Dog

Mindboggling ...... No one helps those that wont help themselves , and as long as the populace continue to buy into FGs social engineering , then nothing will change ..........

But a large wodge of people who -it seems to me - consider themselves too educated and too middle class to be seen protesting ...give them a gender identity issue and they'll be out in droves...but their economic castration..they just don't seem to care at all (apart from some annoyed tweeting :roll:)

Disillusioned democrat

Any vulture funds profiting during a housing crisis should be taxed up to their necks.
It's pretty disgusting that FG housing policies have made the problem so bad that them and their kind will argue we need vulture funds and property companies to sell back and rent back properties, in some cases previously owned by the state, to help ease the crisis, when they are actually exacerbating it, but the economy grows and the right people are making money, so now it's anyone working expecting to rent or buy a reasonable home is 'entitled'. Fine Gael are complete dirtbags.
Indeed - many people, most in fact, are still looking at the housing "situation" as a crisis the government should be doing more to solve and wondering how they're being so incompetent in doing so.

A few, but growing, number of realists know that since FG got their hands on the levers or power in Ireland they have done everything they possibly could to drive up the cost of renting in Ireland while simultaneously stoking an inflow of immigrants and throttling the supply side by offering CGT incentives to land owners to sit on land for a few years.

We've seen €bns in tax payer funded rent flow into landlords pockets, but as it's done to mitigate a "homeless crisis" it's seen as humanitarian, not as corruption.

Eoghan Murphy's role in this is to look like he's doing stuff while effectively doing nothing, just like Coveney before him. FG are cashing in on Irish peoples' natural optimism and trust and willingness to keep the head down and work hard while they sit back and funnel €bns into REITs and vulture funds, one assumes for some reason other than ideological stupidity.

Disillusioned democrat

I'm just stumped completely how Young (and mid 30's at this stage) Voters with families who are paying extortionate rents and have no hope of getting on the Housing ladder are so completely and utterly passive about it.

Worse many of them it seems will actually vote for more of the same , like some sort of Pavlovian Dog

Mindboggling ...... No one helps those that wont help themselves , and as long as the populace continue to buy into FGs social engineering , then nothing will change ..........

But a large wodge of people who -it seems to me - consider themselves too educated and too middle class to be seen protesting ...give them a gender identity issue and they'll be out in droves ...but their economic castration..they don't seem to care
The establishment have demonized any alternative - SF not invited onto TWIP yesterday, so the only "critique" of the FG Ard Fheis was from Joan Burton, FFS - an establishment career politician.

FF and FG are back to doing what they've done for decades - playing a game of musical chairs at tax payers expense.

brughahaha

The establishment have demonized any alternative - SF not invited onto TWIP yesterday, so the only "critique" of the FG Ard Fheis was from Joan Burton, FFS - an establishment career politician.

FF and FG are back to doing what they've done for decades - playing a game of musical chairs at tax payers expense.
I think it goes beyond that ..... Many 30 somethings I know , seem to think , that despite not having a house , paying extortionate rents , little job security , long working days (and theyve never even considered a pension) ..they still think the Degree or Masters means theyve succeeded ...and don't want to rock the boat by protesting ...when in fact , they are seriously disadvantaged relative to their parents , not just in Housing , but in work conditions , cost of living and pensions as well.

Its a bizarre dichotomy

Golden Phoenix

:thumbsup:

carlovian

No they don't.
Hence the problem with HAP is availability, because landlord's will not rent to them.
The problem with Hap is that it doesnt add any housing units.

And there are no family homes in Dublin for less than 2000 per month.

Rents increasing by 12% p.a in a city with 4% rent caps ?

Disillusioned democrat

I think it goes beyond that ..... Many 30 somethings I know , seem to think , that despite not having a house , paying extortionate rents , little job security , long working days (and theyve never even considered a pension) ..they still think the Degree or Masters means theyve succeeded ...and don't want to rock the boat by protesting ...when in fact , they are seriously disadvantaged relative to their parents , not just in Housing , but in work conditions , cost of living and pensions as well.

Its a bizarre dichotomy
Yet people like Margaret Cash who have likely never passed an exam or worked a day in her life is a SJW's wet dream - lauded by the paper of record and RTE's Miriam O'Callaghan as a great mum and getting every whim catered to.

It's bizarre alright.

Disillusioned democrat

:thumbsup:
I actually think it will be that generation's parents who get them to straighten up and fly right - make them realise they're being taken for a ride.

When your 30- 40-something some is looking for a loan to buy a home you'll likely have a bit more parenting to do.

Fr. Ted Crilly

Yet people like Margaret Cash who have likely never passed an exam or worked a day in her life is a SJW's wet dream - lauded by the paper of record and RTE's Miriam O'Callaghan as a great mum and getting every whim catered to.

It's bizarre alright.
Say thank you to FFG/Lab for Margaret and her type.

carlovian

But a large wodge of people who -it seems to me - consider themselves too educated and too middle class to be seen protesting ...give them a gender identity issue and they'll be out in droves...but their economic castration..they just don't seem to care at all (apart from some annoyed tweeting :roll:)
I agree with you but its a difficult issue to get people behind.

Property owners and landlords are delighted with high house prices and rents so they
arent going to be marching. Fg and Ff represent this group who are the majoroty of
the population.

Many tenants still aspire to buy their own home so they want to be part of the Ponzi
scheme in the near future.

Plus its only the last 3 years that Rents have got totally out of control. There are now no
3 bed houses in Dublin for less than 2000 per month.

FF and FG have deserted the tenants but middle class tenants will not rush to SF on this issue.

The Social Democrats have done some good work on tenancy protection but have 1% support.

Disillusioned democrat

Say thank you to FFG/Lab for Margaret and her type.
I couldn't agree more.

Half of her kids were born since FG have been in government, at a time when we were borrowing 50% of our annual costs to run the country and never once did someone suggest putting a cap on CA, or better utilizing the social houses by enforced right-sizing, etc.

Oddly the most right of center government we've ever had, during the most austere years we've faced in 4 decades, did nothing to manage the SW costs, except - of course - Varadkar telling us all (or the FG faithful anyway) how SW frauds were cheating us all (while they were simultaneously giving Denis O'Brien €500m to bury a few useless water meters).

bactrian

The problem with Hap is that it doesnt add any housing units.

And there are no family homes in Dublin for less than 2000 per month.

Rents increasing by 12% p.a in a city with 4% rent caps ?
I am a CAPATILiST , I do not apologise for my capitalism .

Unrestrained capitalism is bad capitalism.

My family history goes from Deep Blue Collar ,Lighter Blue Collar to White Collar. Generations have brought me to a "White Collar". I am proud and grateful to my predecessors. My predecessors lived in a society where 'HARD WORK AND AMBITION' could allow them climb the social ladder. That society/opportunity no longer exists. Unless you are a very rich parent, your children are going to descend the economic ladder.

' The problem with Hap is that it doesnt add any housing units.'

Every person under the protection of our society should have the real prospect of improving their present economic status and the future of their children. An important part of facilitating personal economic progress is the provision of "Public Housing".

We need to build Public Housing/Apartments/Accommodation. AND!!!! We have to stop thinking of that as 'CHARITY'. It is an investment.

"Smarts"/"Intelligence" is not limited to one social level. "Upper" social levels are encouraged to believe in their competence and "Right" to succeed. "Lower" social levels are told that they can never succeed ,they don't have what what it takes to succeed. There are more on the "Lower" social levels than there are on the "Upper" social levels . Proportionately "Smarts"/"Intelligence" is equal on all social levels, which means that there are more "Smart"/"Intelligent"people in the lower social ranks than there are in the upper social ranks. As society we need to recognise and accept this resource*.

*""Lower" social levels " = "Resource": A "resource " is something to be exploited and abused , or, a "resource " is a treasure which can benefit all. I mean the "benefit all"

Golden Phoenix

"Take Back the City" activists now occupying Residential Tenancies Board office in D'Olier Street.

Uganda

It's bizarre alright.
Cash is entitled to whatever the SW system provides.

If she's entitled to it she should get it.

What pi$$es me off about her is when she repeats - ad nauseam - that she gets nawthin, nawthin, from the gubbermint, that people like o'callaghan, or even worse, Holland in the paper of broken record never ever challenge her.

They ooh and ah over her.

God forbid they'd challenge her with the "hard question" - but Margaret the government gives you the equivalent of €75,000 if you had to go and earn it.

PBP voter

With circa 100,000 immigrants arriving here each year

- who obviously need to secure a roof over their head

- then how the Hell do they ever expect to resolve this so called 'housing crises'?

Its an artificial Crises!
This.

It's a bailout for builders.

Politics matters

Middle Class, FG voters, need to get off their hole and demand the government address the housing crisis.

It is something that affects them just as much as it does the underclass they despise.

If Cormac and Saoirse have just graduated and are on 40k a year, yet cannot afford to move out something is wrong.

That is the only way the posh boys of FG will take action.

Although I suspect there are some amongst middle Ireland who secretly take pleasure in the suffering of Ireland's poor.

Popular Threads

Most Replies