• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Eoghan Murphy watch - track his housing policies and delivery of ACTUAL HOMES

Disillusioned democrat

I love this....

Self obsesses Murphy has Tweeted his interviews with Ivan Yates and Sean O'Rourke

Eoghan Murphy on Twitter:

Interestingly he said the "constitution" provides too much protection to land owners and that there has been no time for any constitutional changes, so they continue to work on Plan A - siphon €bns into REITS.

Oddly, IMHO, they seem to have had PLENTY of time to change the constitution where it has suited their own agenda...there have been 5 referenda singe the housing crisis started to become apparent - gay couples can marry, the president still has to over a certain age, there's still a Seanad, Children have better rights (?) and some guff about blasphemy and the fiscal compact....but nothing about making it possible to CPO land being horded for speculation.

Funny that - I'd say a majority of folk would vote for a change that allowed the state house its citizens even if it meant a very few land owners were only going to be paid a fair market value for their property.

carlovian

There should be no HAP offered within Rent Pressure Zones.
It's adding to the problem.
The fundamental flaw in rebuilding Ireland plan is the over reliance on hap as social housing instead of building new houses.

Hap has driven rents up in Dublin. The department of housing call a hap property a new social housing unit as if they actually built a new property.

Hap is a landlord subsidy while allowing ministers to waffle about providing social housing.

carlovian

There should be no HAP offered within Rent Pressure Zones.
It's adding to the problem.
That's not enough. Also not all landlords have huge mortgages. What we need is an optional special flat rate based on revenue and not income. 8-10% tax on whatever tenenat pays.
Rents are 30% higher than the bubble years. How much money do landlords want?

bokuden

I love this....

Self obsesses Murphy has Tweeted his interviews with Ivan Yates and Sean O'Rourke

Eoghan Murphy on Twitter:

Interestingly he said the "constitution" provides too much protection to land owners and that there has been no time for any constitutional changes, so they continue to work on Plan A - siphon €bns into REITS.

Oddly, IMHO, they seem to have had PLENTY of time to change the constitution where it has suited their own agenda...there have been 5 referenda singe the housing crisis started to become apparent - gay couples can marry, the president still has to over a certain age, there's still a Seanad, Children have better rights (?) and some guff about blasphemy and the fiscal compact....but nothing about making it possible to CPO land being horded for speculation.

Funny that - I'd say a majority of folk would vote for a change that allowed the state house its citizens even if it meant a very few land owners were only going to be paid a fair market value for their property.
Murphy actually retweeted his car crash interview with O'Rourke? Jaysus.

Disillusioned democrat

It's all about his own profile building and taking one for the FG team...as long as people blame Murphy's incompetence they won't blame FG policies.

Voluntary

Rents are 30% higher than the bubble years. How much money do landlords want?
This looks fantastic if you put it this way. Nothing better than become a landlord today, right? Well, so I wonder, why do private landlords exit the rental market at accelerating pace? They must be stupid, or something, right? Or maybe it's not that sweet for them as it may look...

Let's look on how much of that rent landlords get to keep? Very little. 50% or rent goes back to exchequer + property tax (few hundred) + property management fees (usually 1-2k per year) + maintenance, refurbishments. Then, you find troublesome tenant, have no payment in 2 years and can't really repossess. That's on top of the risk of property market crashing.

No wonder rents are going up while landlords run away.

Now, how much tax do the institutional landlords pay? 5%?
It's a properly unfair playing ground.

carlovian

This looks fantastic if you put it this way. Nothing better than become a landlord today, right? Well, so I wonder, why do private landlords exit the rental market at accelerating pace? They must be stupid, or something, right? Or maybe it's not that sweet for them as it may look...

Let's look on how much of that rent landlords get to keep? Very little. 50% or rent goes back to exchequer + property tax (few hundred) + property management fees (usually 1-2k per year) + maintenance, refurbishments. Then, you find troublesome tenant, have no payment in 2 years and can't really repossess. That's on top of the risk of property market crashing.

No wonder rents are going up while landlords run away.

Now, how much tax do the institutional landlords pay? 5%?
It's a properly unfair playing ground.
Landlords are leaving the market as 30% of the bubble purchases were in long time arrears.

The banks waited till house prices increased and are now selling the properties and throwing the tenants out.

Voluntary

Landlords are leaving the market as 30% of the bubble purchases were in long time arrears.

The banks waited till house prices increased and are now selling the properties and throwing the tenants out.
No wonder the housing is in mess in this country if people simplify their reasoning so much. No more comment here, no point talking to a deaf.

fifilawe

the same applies to that Right Wing Nut Job poster on p.ie PatSlatt1 aka Slattman Man and his B&W Cat that posts his self-delusional posts here ,always posting contradicting opinions within the same post and when one points them out to him , he just ignores comment or maybe he is a bit dim and cannot see the wood from the trees.Our Kofi Annan minister for Non Housing seems to have the same affliction, namely self - delusion bigtime!.
I expect to see flying pigs and unicorns sooner than see Our Kofi Annan roll down his sleeves and succeed in his post and treat his delusional ideas at a proper shrink farm.In the UK it was aka "The Funny Farm" where the "patients" were treated for mental illness (delusionals, psychos, hearing voices, seeing things and people, pretending to be Doctors,Engineers, Pilots etc same as Our Kofi who thinks he can get a grip on the Imaginary Plan for Imaginary House Building Plan

Disillusioned democrat

I'll open by admitting I can't find a link to the reason for this update - basically I was listening to a discussion, I think on Drivetime where some construction group/federation/oligopoly came out to say there wasn't a chance in hell that the industry would deliver the 35k homes required this year, or next or even after that.

Basically Murphy and FG's fake faith in "the market" is blown so while the sector make out like bandits...

Cairn Homes said its operating profits surged by 267% to €53.2m from €14.5m the same time last year, while its revenues grew by 125% to €337m from €149.5m in 2017.
...the citizens are being treated like fools...

Home loan scheme has not closed - Murphy

...it's not closed, it's just not open.

For 5 years now the logical and, now it seems only, solution has been to build purpose build affordable social homes using outside contractors, but FG have spent €bns on various half-baked and highly lucrative (for landlords) solutions.

fifilawe

Kofi Annan has the Loan Scheme open on paper, in the media , but it is just a "Virtual Loan Scheme" , an illusion, a Hologram , A virtue signalling sign ,A non - entity.He thinks he is the magician David Copperfield always "on Stage with his rolled up sleeves " just after gone for a Number two if you get my drift.

Disillusioned democrat

Kofi Annan has the Loan Scheme open on paper, in the media , but it is just a "Virtual Loan Scheme" , an illusion, a Hologram , A virtue signalling sign ,A non - entity.He thinks he is the magician David Copperfield always "on Stage with his rolled up sleeves " just after gone for a Number two if you get my drift.
I was indeed surprised at how small the allocation was for the scheme, despite the fact it got great hype and fanfare - not to mention a high profile/costly administration - it was barely enough for 500 homes....and now it's spent.

It's contribution to the housing crisis is massively questionable also - effectively making it possible for people who can't get a loan pay full whack for a home, not about making the house more affordable in the first place (i.e., tax payer's money being directed to the private sector).

The same money - spent properly - could have built 700 social houses on state land - a forever solution for 700 families....but sadly with no bung to the private sector.

fifilawe

the credo for our Kofi Annan is "It is not the duty of the state to help its citizens when they cannot house themselves but it is the job of the state to save the Banksters when they F***** it up and wreck the economy and impoverish the state for a generation". I don't need to say anymore it encapsulates the FFG,LAB,INDAA thinking and indoctrination by their "heroes and mentors " succinctly.

galteeman

Oh dear, oh very dear....no wonder there's no money to build social houses....€36k in expenses....that's not cool.

Lol that's hilarious they even mentioned a dead homeless rando next to a pic of a smirking Murphy 😄

Sweet Darling

galteeman

However, one development of 28 apartments at Long's Place, Dublin 8, has already been turned down by Dublin City Council. The council said it refused permission because "the significant proportion of single aspect north-facing apartments will result in a sub-standard form of development and is therefore contrary to Residential Quality Standards".

The plan to build 55 apartments on Templeogue Road West was also refused by the council because its overall scale, height and bulk would be "visually intrusive and overbearing". Both of these decisions may yet be appealed to An Bord Pleanála.
Buyers locked out as 'cuckoo funds' snap up 2,800 apartments in capital - Independent.ie
One application turned down because some are north facing, like 25% of all gaffes and the other turned down because the nimbys don't like looking at other other peoples gaffes near their own.

Sweet Darling

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies