ESB buying NI Electricity, unionist leaders object

Tedkins

Yes for now N.I is part of the UK not Great Britain, so really you are a UK citizen not British as you do not live in Britain as such.

You live in N.I which is part of the UK but not Britain, if N.Ireland was in Britain why have the Great Britain AND N.Ireland??
I'm sorry but this is just funny now. What adjective would one use to describe a "UK citizen"? Not "British" by any chance? Or do you disagree with your country's citizenship laws? That's a bit of a pointless thing to do. British does not only describe citizens of Great Britain, it describes citizens of the UK. This is very simple to understand. Which part are you having difficulty with? Britain and Great Britain are two different terms.

But is seems you really do think that people from the Isle of Wight are not British. Surreal.

Tedkins

I agree 100% it was totally wrong and my country is paying for it now.

But with the growing nationatist population the time will soon be right to change history.
Soon, really? Have you been keeping tabs on the news recently?

Tedkins

But you are not from Britain and do not live in Britain, how are you British???

Yes you live in the UK which has a link with Britain, but its not Britain!

England, Scotland and Wales = Great Britain

England, Scotland, Wales AND N.Ireland = UK

You are Northern Irish living in the UK.

Any confusion is due to you mad unionists fighting a losing battle.:cool:
Scipio is, of course, quite correct. The confusion is all your own and you are getting confused by something which wouldn't even be confusing to a five year old child. Let me break it down for you:

Great Britain - island

Britain - term synonymous with The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

British - term used to describe those citizens of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

If you know how to read that should be very, very easy for you to understand. But perhaps you are being deliberately thick? Its not a great debating tactic, it just makes you look thick.

Oh, and I think you'll find Unionism has been winning all the battles recently. Where is Northern Ireland again? Oh yes, that's right, the UK. Mind you, ignorant mainlanders such as yourself actually make me embarrassed to be your compatriot. Well, at least I'm not English.

Antrim

The archipelago that we live on is known as the British Isles. The collective term of all of these islands is the British Isles. The largest of these islands is Great Britain. NI is part of the UK, UK citizens are British Citizens. God help us if we remain in the UK if this is the calibre of people within our country. It’s easy to see why Northern Ireland always tops the national IQ tests and always has the best exam results.

I always try to take a balanced view in these arguments but in this instance you are clearly wrong. One can only assume that you are either very young or intentionally just pretending to be stupid to wind people up.

Evergreenfinch

SomeEnglish are an embarassment to the rest of the British citizens in the UK.

Corcaighlad

I think I understand...so Barack Obama is an Hawaiian living in America, and not a US citizen. Is this what you are trying to say? :oops:

Tedkins

And another thing, if we Unionists are all mad I can only assume that our Englishman is an English nationalist? How's that going for you? Are the English Democrats looking good in the polls? I don't think its me who's mad, personally.

Northern Voice

British Citizen was right on the money when he said you were st333ve in disguise. Either that or you are another irrelevant Republican troll.

Just Jack

Citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland are considered British.
Except those who are Irish.

Amach na Casca

Ah yes, another blow to 'wee Ulster’ and it's diminishing sovereignty. Interesting how the unionists were trying to getting a little carried away with the IMF loan to the south until it was pointed out to them the crisis facing Britain and it's 4.8 trillion debt. So anyway, will Paisley, Robinson and co. declare war or something as they say it is 'inappropriate' and said it amounted to the purchase of a 'key component' of Northern Ireland's national infrastructure if this goes ahead ?

"Unionist leaders in Northern Ireland have written to Taoiseach Brian Cowen to formally object to the ESB's planned takeover of Northern Ireland Electricity......A spokesperson for the ESB said the company's plan to purchase NIE remained on course and was expected to be completed by the end of the year. "

Unionists object to ESB takeover of NIE - RT News
:oops::oops::oops: How can anyone take these jokers seriously?

Evergreenfinch

Except those who are Irish.
Irish people in the UK are treated as Commonwealth citizens and are not required to have papers/visas to live in the country.

EnglishObserver

Note to Northern Irish forum members:

Not everyone who says they are English are English -

THINK BEFORE YOU POST.

Tedkins

Hahaha.

Ok "EnglishObserver", he actually reminds me of someone who used to post on the old BBC Talkback board, brings me back, faintly amusing in his ignorance...

Evergreenfinch

EO thats why I said some, same with Irish, some of them are as thick as two short planks.

Just Jack

Irish people in the UK are treated as Commonwealth citizens and are not required to have papers/visas to live in the country.
As far as I'm aware Irish people in NI are regarded as native citizens and therefore require absolutely no preconditions to live in their own country.

Evergreenfinch

I should have said RoI Irish in mainland UK.

picador

There's this thing called the European Union. It's been around for a while now.

Cabbage/Turnip

EO thats why I said some, same with Irish, some of them are as thick as two short planks.
this shocking statement coming from a man living in the most sectarian scum riddled town in the north.. who are responsible for the murder of community workers and loyalists bands committing random acts of violence.. before you insult others think please... try and deal with the drugs problem and gang infighting in coleraine before you start calling people stupid.

I hate it when people like you forget there is two sides.. we all know the ira caused havoc and killed many people none justifiable but ye are no angels and by the way i was educated in UUC you muppet and i am irish

Northern Voice

With written English like that it is evident you were educated in the University of Ulster. ;)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom