Ethiopian Airlines B737 crashes

General Mayhem

Interesting.

Ethiopia reportedly do not trust USA to analyze black box contents, so they are sending to Europe who are not in any way biased.

Europe have reportedly responded that they can’t because they don’t have up to date software.

Is language the problem?

artfoley56

Trump has grounded the plane made by Hillary supporters.

General Mayhem

Any chance Airbus has a few spare planes lying around?

The deja vu is strong with this one...

_FARAH_

German and Swiss newspapers use Turkish Airlines photo in Ethiopian Airlines crash news.

Germans are pretty mad since Turkish Airlines cause some German airlines to go bankrupt and some others to have low earnings.

Germans and many other Western countries wish with all their heart for Turkish Airlines to have an accident :sneaky: you are disgusting creatures.

General Mayhem

Western airlines could cash in by advertising the HMO Safecuck and Robdaughter Hang Their Mammies oscar winning movie on the side.

_FARAH_

50 countries suspends Boeings 747 flights. Turkiye bans Boeing 747 kind of planes to fly over Turkiye. Boeing company have been lost 20% of company value. Seem like China takes the revenge for Huawei.

Nebuchadnezzar

50 countries suspends Boeings 747 flights. Turkiye bans Boeing 747 kind of planes to fly over Turkiye. Boeing company have been lost 20% of company value. Seem like China takes the revenge for Huawei.
Wrong type, not B747.

There are thousands of Boeing 737s in service. Only the Max variant has been grounded... only a few hundred of this variant have been delivered so far.

hiding behind a poster

Interesting.

Ethiopia reportedly do not trust USA to analyze black box contents, so they are sending to Europe who are not in any way biased.

Europe have reportedly responded that they can’t because they don’t have up to date software.

Is language the problem?
Highly unlikely.

middleground

Interesting.

Is language the problem?
Very interesting that Ethiopian airlines have openly stated that they do not trust the Americans to analyse the data. Will Europe hide in case of a backlash for accepting this work?

Ethiopia will ask European air-safety experts to analyse black boxes from a crashed Boeing Co. jet in a sign U.S. authorities aren’t trusted to determine the cause of the disaster after ruling that the model is safe to fly.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

_FARAH_

If 737 orders will be canceled, Boeing is going to lose 500 Billion $ and they will probably go bankrupt. Hehhehe :LOL:

hiding behind a poster

If 737 orders will be canceled, Boeing is going to lose 500 Billion $ and they will probably go bankrupt. Hehhehe :LOL:
I doubt it. Assuming they're still making the regular 737-800, the likes of Ryanair would just switch the order to those. Boeing would lose money, but not enough to go bust.

_FARAH_

Irish hamsters, now I will save your ugly life. Do not use Airbus planes, US will probably try to take revenge by crashing an Airbus. I warn, its your choice :whistle: füfüfüüfü

General Mayhem

Very interesting that Ethiopian airlines have openly stated that they do not trust the Americans to analyse the data. Will Europe hide in case of a backlash for accepting this work?

Ethiopia will ask European air-safety experts to analyse black boxes from a crashed Boeing Co. jet in a sign U.S. authorities aren’t trusted to determine the cause of the disaster after ruling that the model is safe to fly.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
Also very interesting that Germany does not have the ability to analyze the data, but France does.

I’d love to know if the UK does...After all, they understand English better than anyone.

Pabilito

It’s astonishing that Boeing have taken the most successful aircraft ever built and purposefully designed in a new version where the airframes flight characteristics are seriously unstable while planning to mitigate that deliberate instability with a software counter measure..

Their blind faith in software\automation over the laws of physics is utterly jaw dropping.

kerdasi amaq

If some people are to believed, their reliance on H-1B visa holders is catching up with them.

darkhorse4

It’s astonishing that Boeing have taken the most successful aircraft ever built and purposefully designed in a new version where the airframes flight characteristics are seriously unstable while planning to mitigate that deliberate instability with a software counter measure..

Their blind faith in software\automation over the laws of physics is utterly jaw dropping.
I'm sure it wasn't blind faith
A huge amount of testing would have been done for sure
But there appears to be a bug somewhere in it
I read somewhere that the aircraft hit the ground nose first at full speed
And not even the teeth of the passanger remains are recognisable

Pabilito

I'm sure it wasn't blind faith
A huge amount of testing would have been done for sure
But there appears to be a bug somewhere in it
I read somewhere that the aircraft hit the ground nose first at full speed
And not even the teeth of the passanger remains are recognisable
Two things I learned the hard way many years ago:

- You can’t write software without writing bugs.
- No amount of testing will find ALL the bugs.

In other words software controlled systems are inherently risky. That’s why our computers ‘crash, our phones ‘freeze’.. we’ve developed an acceptance of failure that we casually refer to as ‘glitches’ There’s an emerging generation reared on resetting things.. simply rebooting the game when they get killed.

I can just imagine the 737 Max design review meetings at Boeing where the old styled Engineers were side lined in favour of the new breed of ‘Mechatronic’ Engineers.. Jack’s of all trades and masters of none.. the people who know it all and are busy designing your new self driving autonomous car..

Orbit v2

I doubt it. Assuming they're still making the regular 737-800, the likes of Ryanair would just switch the order to those. Boeing would lose money, but not enough to go bust.
They're in a tricky situation. The MAX is up to 20% more efficient than the 800 but then what if passengers refuse to fly on it? I'd say most airlines will wait and see how it pans out. Ideally, they'll want a credible fix to the problem so the plane is safe to fly on, and is accepted by the public.

Pabilito

They're in a tricky situation. The MAX is up to 20% more efficient than the 800 but then what if passengers refuse to fly on it? I'd say most airlines will wait and see how it pans out. Ideally, they'll want a credible fix to the problem so the plane is safe to fly on, and is accepted by the public.

Any fix would be a trade off between the risk of a stall and the risk of a nose dive.. there is no credible ‘sweet spot’ in there.. it’s an inherently unsafe airframe that should never have been certified and needs to be scrapped.

cozzy121

I think we can all agree that the 737 Max's reputation is toast.