Ethnic cleansing of Northern Nigeria's Christians

Volatire

It's business as usual in Northern Nigeria. Christian males and children slaughtered and women sold into sex slavery. Crops and villages burned. This goes beyond Boko Haram, to include Hausa-Fulani herdsmen supplied with arms by elements in the Nigerian military.

REFUGEES: THE GLOBAL CRISIS

Then there is Nigeria, where an estimated 2 million people are internally displaced, many of whom are thought to be Christian. In the north, Boko Haram have displaced many thousands, but the hidden story comes from the country's middle belt, where a campaign of religious/ethnic cleansing by Hausa-Fulani herdsmen has targeted Christians, burning their fields and shops and houses, and forcing them off their land.
Douglas Murray is one of the few westerners to see what is going on first hand.

Who will protect Nigeria’s northern Christians?

Another day in northern Nigeria, another Christian village reeling from an attack by the Muslim Fulani herdsmen who used to be their neighbours — and who are now cleansing them from the area. The locals daren’t collect the freshest bodies. Some who tried earlier have already been killed, spotted by the waiting militia and hacked down or shot. The Fulani are watching everything closely from the surrounding mountains. Every week, their progress across the northern states of Plateau and Kaduna continues. Every week, more massacres — another village burned, its church razed, its inhabitants slaughtered, raped or chased away. A young woman, whose husband and two children have just been killed in front of her, tells me blankly, ‘Our parents told us about these people. But we lived in relative peace and we forgot what they said.’
Deborah, 31, describes the 18 months she spent held captive by the group. When they burst into her village, the Islamists killed her husband and the rest of her family, forcibly converted her and ‘married’ her off to one of their 20-year-old fighters.
It's the same old story. A pattern familiar from the Armenian genocide, the Yazidi genocide etc. It would be happening to the Copts too has the anti-islamist Egyptian military not intervened.

The libtard media is, of course, sanguine about what is going on. The Guardian would rather deny genocide than appear islamophobic. Boko Haram not really interested in persecution of christians at all, apparently.

Nigeria the most dangerous place to be a Christian? Let’s put that in context

Irish missionaries were among those who converted these people in the first place. Yet we near little or nothing from Irish media, who are far more interested in political correctness than in reality.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Isn't this a problem for Nigeria? Why should the Irish media be permanently monitoring a site for 'Persecuted christians worldwide'?

I'm sure they are the subject of enmity in Northern Nigeria just as sure as I am that muslim Nigerians would experience similar from christian tribes/villages.

Have we not had enough of this in Northern Ireland?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
What does the OP suggest we do with this report? Climb down into the one-side bunker?

Nigeria is a well known shytehole of the world. If it isn't tribal it is religious. One of the most ostensibly and publicly religious nations in the world and equally and at the same time a by-word for corruption, graft and dishonesty at all levels.

And those last three skills are just about the only thing shared across the religious and tribal divides in that mess of a state.

Catalpast

Terrible alltogether

- but these are Christians not Muslims

- so the so called 'Left' here will take no interest

Mind you given the size of the Nigerian community in this State

- then lets hope we don't see it take root here....

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Oh yeah I forgot. Because in that village on that day it was xtians who were attacked by muslims.

So we're all supposed to break out the crusades banners or something. My vote would be to stay well out of it. Quite frankly if Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria were to nuke each other out of existence tomorrow I'd only regret the concomitant loss of habitat and wildlife.

Does that sound very 'lefty libtard' to any of you guys?

Windowshopper

Persecution of Christians seem to be relatively under reported in the main which is disgraceful. Like most of these disputes I'd imagine there is socio-political dimension at work. It seems that Hausa-Fulani herdsmen are trying to grab land.

Though it should be also be stated too that the war in Yemen and the persecution of the Muslim minority in Myanmar also gets under reported.

Regardless this should be reported more. We have a lot of Nigerians in this country and I am sure many of them would be interested and worried about what is happening back home.

Catalpast

Persecution of Christians seem to be relatively under reported in the main which is disgraceful. Like most of these disputes I'd imagine there is socio-political dimension at work. It seems that Hausa-Fulani herdsmen are trying to grab land.

Though it should be also be stated too that the war in Yemen and the persecution of the Muslim minority in Myanmar also gets under reported.

Regardless this should be reported more. We have a lot of Nigerians in this country and I am sure many of them would be interested and worried about what is happening back home.
Yes Muslim people can also be victims too

- the War in Yemen is well a blot on those involved

- Famine beckons...:?

Windowshopper

I hate to be 'ah but'-er but I think the OPs contention that because the refugees are Christians is the only reason it doesn't get reported is not completely true (but not completely false). The media's attention seems rather narrow maybe they have less money to throw on free lancers and Africa tends to be very down low on there scale of interest.

However I am imagine that a lot of reporters are also beholden to some unexamined prejudice Christian= white, rich and not oppressed.

I have to pull you up on the comment you made earlier about hoping that the Nigerians here in Ireland wouldn't bring that with them. Most of the Nigerians I have meet have been really nice people including people who have married into my family. Plus this dispute seems to linked to the social environment of the latter in which religion might act as an important signifier of difference between groups but is not the primary cause much like the Troubles up in our North.

Catalpast

I hate to be 'ah but'-er but I think the OPs contention that because the refugees are Christians is the only reason it doesn't get reported is not completely true (but not completely false). The media's attention seems rather narrow maybe they have less money to throw on free lancers and Africa tends to be very down low on there scale of interest.

However I am imagine that a lot of reporters are also beholden to some unexamined prejudice Christian= white, rich and not oppressed.

I have to pull you up on the comment you made earlier about hoping that the Nigerians here in Ireland wouldn't bring that with them. Most of the Nigerians I have meet have been really nice people including people who have married into my family. Plus this dispute seems to linked to the social environment of the latter in which religion might act as an important signifier of difference between groups but is not the primary cause much like the Troubles up in our North.
Its a land war exacerbated by religious/ethnic differences

The trouble is Nigeria has such a huge divide between North - South that its future is by no means guaranteed

- in fact its a wonder it has survived for so long ....

I think the shadow of Biafra is still there

- Nigerians know what a Civil War can do ....

Mind you I have seen the odd Nigerian with a 'Biafra' badge on them around town

- not so sure that would be doable back home...

Windowshopper

Its a land war exacerbated by religious/ethnic differences

The trouble is Nigeria has such a huge divide between North - South that its future is by no means guaranteed

- in fact its a wonder it has survived for so long ....

I think the shadow of Biafra is still there

- Nigerians know what a Civil War can do ....

Mind you I have seen the odd Nigerian with a 'Biafra' badge on them around town

- not so sure that would be doable back home...
Yeah, I remember bumping into a man who was doing some work at my work place, and I thought I recognized his accent, so I asked if was Nigerian.

He said no I am Briafran just like you're not British.

NYCKY

Oh yeah I forgot. Because in that village on that day it was xtians who were attacked by muslims.

So we're all supposed to break out the crusades banners or something. My vote would be to stay well out of it. Quite frankly if Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria were to nuke each other out of existence tomorrow I'd only regret the concomitant loss of habitat and wildlife.

Does that sound very 'lefty libtard' to any of you guys?
What or who are xtians?

Would they be anything to these people?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
It is a term common enough in use in xtianity itself in the past. One of the symbols of that particular cult was an 'X' on a wall.

Volatire

Saudi Arabia has been exporting it's fundamentalist Salafism doctrine to Nigeria. Salafism has been displacing Sufism there since the 1980s.

It is hard to see the ethnic cleansing of christians in Northern Nigeria as anything other than the usual Salafist treatment of kafirs.

Liberal racists prefer to blame African tribalism because of their anxiety not to appear Islamophobic.

Clanrickard

It's business as usual in Northern Nigeria. Christian males and children slaughtered and women sold into sex slavery. Crops and villages burned. This goes beyond Boko Haram, to include Hausa-Fulani herdsmen supplied with arms by elements in the Nigerian military.

REFUGEES: THE GLOBAL CRISIS

Douglas Murray is one of the few westerners to see what is going on first hand.

Who will protect Nigeria’s northern Christians?

It's the same old story. A pattern familiar from the Armenian genocide, the Yazidi genocide etc. It would be happening to the Copts too has the anti-islamist Egyptian military not intervened.

The libtard media is, of course, sanguine about what is going on. The Guardian would rather deny genocide than appear islamophobic. Boko Haram not really interested in persecution of christians at all, apparently.

Nigeria the most dangerous place to be a Christian? Let’s put that in context

Irish missionaries were among those who converted these people in the first place. Yet we near little or nothing from Irish media, who are far more interested in political correctness than in reality.
You clearly are a greasy Islamophobe. Islam is a religion of peace. Please report to Mercurial for cultural sensitivity training.

PeaceGoalie

Isn't this a problem for Nigeria? Why should the Irish media be permanently monitoring a site for 'Persecuted christians worldwide'?I'm sure they are the subject of enmity in Northern Nigeria just as sure as I am that muslim Nigerians would experience similar from christian tribes/villages.Have we not had enough of this in Northern Ireland?
Saudi Arabia is funding the mass murder of Christians and Shia in Nigeria, aided by immature rabble like you spewing your uninformed bile.

Oh yeah I forgot. Because in that village on that day it was xtians who were attacked by muslims. So we're all supposed to break out the crusades banners or something. My vote would be to stay well out of it. Quite frankly if Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria were to nuke each other out of existence tomorrow I'd only regret the concomitant loss of habitat and wildlife. Does that sound very 'lefty libtard' to any of you guys?
Stay out of yourself, you sick piece of shtt Your uninformed sectarian bile adds no light and just shows you fdor the uninforfmed piece of sectarian dirt that you are.

Different place, same culprits

You clearly are a greasy Islamophobe. Islam is a religion of peace. Please report to Mercurial for cultural sensitivity training.
You have nothing to offer. Go back to your Star Wars videos or whatever makes up the bulk of what passes for your life

A Voice

Isn't this a problem for Nigeria? Why should the Irish media be permanently monitoring a site for 'Persecuted christians worldwide'?

I'm sure they are the subject of enmity in Northern Nigeria just as sure as I am that muslim Nigerians would experience similar from christian tribes/villages.

Have we not had enough of this in Northern Ireland?
You are completely braindead. Impervious to facts, trends, analysis and logic.

A Voice

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Saudi Arabia is funding the mass murder of Christians and Shia in Nigeria, aided by immature rabble like you spewing your uninformed bile.

Stay out of yourself, you sick piece of shtt Your uninformed sectarian bile adds no light and just shows you fdor the uninforfmed piece of sectarian dirt that you are.
Different place, same culprits

You have nothing to offer. Go back to your Star Wars videos or whatever makes up the bulk of what passes for your life
I see the bile is back, Ted.

New Threads

Most Replies