Ethnic Irish top the wage table in the UK

Wascurito

Controversy has erupted in the UK over statistics showing that Pakistani and Bangladeshi households are bottom of the family income tables, earning only 64% of White British families.

However, the White British aren't anywhere near the top. That honour falls to White Irish families who earn nearly 10% more than White British families and nearly 70% more than Pakistani and Bangladeshi households.

The Irish also do well on home ownership with nearly 60% owning their home outright or owning with mortgage.

You can get the full report here and an article in The Guardian here.

General Urko

The Irish have become high earners due to education levels and the chance (unlike here) to put that into practice in a real job.
Also while we are not loved by everyone we tend to be quite beloved these days in Britain.
BTW I have come across a few British chancers here earning way above anything they could get in their homeland, indeed some of them are such smarmy cúntz, they would be put in their place awful quick by ordinary decent English People who are by far the vast majority of English People!petunia

Wascurito

The Irish have become high earners due to education levels and the chance (unlike here) to put that into practice in a real job.
Also while we are not loved by everyone we tend to be quite beloved these days in Britain.
BTW I have come across a few British chancers here earning way above anything they could get in their homeland, indeed some of them are such smarmy cúntz, they would be put in their place awful quick by ordinary decent English People who are by far the vast majority of English People!petunia
I don't know what you mean by the bit in bold but I think that the figures put to bed for once and for all the tiniest idea that the Irish suffer discrimination in the UK.

General Urko

I would imagine Irish Americans are the wealthiest ethnic group in The States (we are not he largest despite the myth, that.s Germans) and I mean Catholic Irish Americans (AFAIK again contrary to myths, less in size than Protestant Irsih Americans). Jewish People are second (I hope that doesn't sound like it would fit right into a Myersian piece :rolleyes:) and Protestant Irish are third. There probably not enough WASPs to place them higher in the table!

PBP voter

Any young Irish professional would be mad not to go over to the UK.

Having a degree has more weight in the UK.

You will also rise up the ranks much quicker than here.

Then you can come back here and get into a company higher up the ladder.

Last edited:

razorblade

It shows,when the Irish go abroad they go to work and contribute, not sitting on their arses expecting welfare handouts, as plenty migrants over here think is their right.

carlovian

Anyone told Kevin Myers?

Wascurito

I would imagine Irish Americans are the wealthiest ethnic group in The States (we are not he largest despite the myth, that.s Germans) and I mean Catholic Irish Americans (AFAIK again contrary to myths, less in size than Protestant Irsih Americans). Jewish People are second (I hope that doesn't sound like it would fit right into a Myersian piece :rolleyes:) and Protestant Irish are third. There probably not enough WASPs to place them higher in the table!
You only have to look at the names of the major political figures in the USA to see how many are of Irish ancestry.

Remember this?

Mushroom

Anyone told Kevin Myers?
Mr. Myers is well able to read the newspapers unaided. Although I suspect that the Guardian may not be his first port of call on a sunny August bank holiday morning.

Supra

It shows,when the Irish go abroad they go to work and contribute, not sitting on their arses expecting welfare handouts, as plenty migrants over here think is their right.
Yes, it would be great if the Polish in Ireland were the wealthiest.

Congalltee

... but I think that the figures put to bed for once and for all the tiniest idea that the Irish suffer discrimination in the UK.
All of them? So because Graham Norton increases the Irish average, there's no Irish brickie being called Paddy or Mick?

firefly123

Controversy has erupted in the UK over statistics showing that Pakistani and Bangladeshi households are bottom of the family income tables, earning only 64% of White British families.

However, the White British aren't anywhere near the top. That honour falls to White Irish families who earn nearly 10% more than White British families and nearly 70% more than Pakistani and Bangladeshi households.

The Irish also do well on home ownership with nearly 60% owning their home outright or owning with mortgage.

You can get the full report here and an article in The Guardian here.
paddy doesn't haul bricks anymore.

this is gonna seriously piss off the daily mail commenters :)

General Urko

I don't know what you mean by the bit in bold but I think that the figures put to bed for once and for all the tiniest idea that the Irish suffer discrimination in the UK.
http://www.politics.ie/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=11367969

Why do you thinlk so many young Irish People get the fúck out of here once they have finished their eductaion - because unless you are an insider, you haven't a chance of getting those lotto winning without having to buy a ticket public sector jobs. Traditionally in Britain, if you had a tenner in your pocket, you could get much further on it than here.
Re no discrimination in England (sectarianism is still a factor in Scotland), I have travelled the length and breath of it, Manchester is like a second home and I have never felt like a foreigner at all, my father who actually lived and worked there certainly remembers it differently, but him and a lot of Paddies like him at the time would have disgraced themsekves wherever they went and he was supposedly one of the few who were 'educated'!:rolleyes:
Also when the PTA was in full swing, The Pigz were using it as an excuse to act the bollex against ordinary decent Irish Folk and I sincerely hope they do not repeat the same mistake against ordinary decent Islamic Folk today, but they will!
Essentially, I get the feeling that Irish People in Britain are regarded as having a special licence to be a bit eccentric (which really suits me), of course understandably acting the bollex is a no no!

General Urko

Yes, it would be great if the Polish in Ireland were the wealthiest.
Well a lot of them now own apartments etc back home!

General Urko

I wonder how The Black Irish will do In The UK in the future, I suspect very well!

General Urko

You only have to look at the names of the major political figures in the USA to see how many are of Irish ancestry.

Remember this?

Sorry I can't open the link, but it was said The Irish had a genius for politics which other ethnic grioups did not have!
Where we went in large groups we tarditionally tended to support the more radical liberal parties and be prominent in the trade union movements!
It's the great national conundrum really we can plan for nothing, but we can organize anything, it's like a form of National Aspergers!

razorblade

People always try to justify mass immigration into this country, by comparing it to the Irish who have emigrated well this is certainly a slap in the face for them, when the Irish have done so well in the UK as opposed to 3rd world immigrants in this country.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies