Ethnic Irish top the wage table in the UK

firefly123

People always try to justify mass immigration into this country, by comparing it to the Irish who have emigrated well this is certainly a slap in the face for them, when the Irish have done so well in the UK as opposed to 3rd world immigrants in this country.
I guess we will have to wait 200 years to find out if youre right

General Urko

What's your point?
They have worked hard and taken advantage of circumstances left, right and centre!
Case in point, many young Poles were working in eg hotels in the morning and doing evening shifts in factories and were also living in large numbers in a house, the average Paddy cannot do that! They are strategic thinkers like chess players, paddy are it will be all right on the night characters.
BTW I have noticed that once thier legal rights at work are established ie after 2 years, some of them lower the bar and become as work shy as any Paddy!

General Urko

People always try to justify mass immigration into this country, by comparing it to the Irish who have emigrated well this is certainly a slap in the face for them, when the Irish have done so well in the UK as opposed to 3rd world immigrants in this country.
In relative terms, The Irish that went to the UK in the 30s and 50s certainly, it was nearly akin to leaving a 4th world country for a 1st world one!
And They certainly got no handouts in their new country, in fact they would have got their holes kicked at every corner and in many cases their biggest abusers would have been sleeveen Paddy employers in Britain!

Wascurito

Sorry I can't open the link, but it was said The Irish had a genius for politics which other ethnic grioups did not have!
Where we went in large groups we tarditionally tended to support the more radical liberal parties and be prominent in the trade union movements!
It's the great national conundrum really we can plan for nothing, but we can organize anything, it's like a form of National Aspergers!
I don't know why that link has stopped working. I'm trying to upload the image via TinyPic but it's behaving very eccentrically these days.

General Urko

I don't know why that link has stopped working. I'm trying to upload the image via TinyPic but it's behaving very eccentrically these days.
My computer is probably the one acting the bollex!

tokkie

It shows,when the Irish go abroad they go to work and contribute, not sitting on their arses expecting welfare handouts, as plenty migrants over here think is their right.
The Irish have been emigrating in significant numbers for hundreds of years to different countries. The concept that they all worked and contributed is a tad mythical.

Do you know anything of their influence on organised crime in the United States from their arrival in mid nineteenth century? Are you aware of their corrosive influence on trade unionism and politics in the USA? Do you have any concept of how much tax they evaded in the UK? Do you know of the poverty and disease ridden Irish ghettos that existed in New York, Boston, Manchester, London, Liverpool, Chicago?

Yes, there were Irish who worked hard and contributed but do not be lulled into thinking that they were all of the same type. It's taken the Irish hundreds of years to reach their current status and they did so by both fair and foul means.

General Urko

The Irish have been emigrating in significant numbers for hundreds of years to different countries. The concept that they all worked and contributed is a tad mythical.

Do you know anything of their influence on organised crime in the United States from their arrival in mid nineteenth century? Are you aware of their corrosive influence on trade unionism and politics in the USA? Do you have any concept of how much tax they evaded in the UK? Do you know of the poverty and disease ridden Irish ghettos that existed in New York, Boston, Manchester, London, Liverpool, Chicago?

Yes, there were Irish who worked hard and contributed but do not be lulled into thinking that they were all of the same type. It's taken the Irish hundreds of years to reach their current status and they did so by both fair and foul means.
Paddies got no handouts in their new lands. Those that built crime empires probably did so mafia style by leeching off their own as they do here also!

Last edited:

firefly123

look at parts of South Boston:)
You may as well be in darndale

tokkie

Sorry I can't open the link, but it was said The Irish had a genius for politics which other ethnic grioups did not have!
Where we went in large groups we tarditionally tended to support the more radical liberal parties and be prominent in the trade union movements!
It's the great national conundrum really we can plan for nothing, but we can organize anything, it's like a form of National Aspergers!
In the USA in particular the Irish knew how to organise. Even in the 19th century, as a group of people and in comparison to other ethnic groups, they were highly politicised. They brought their experiences of land agitation, O'Connell's Monster Meetings, block voting etc with them to the USA, where it was used.

General Urko

I would also say that back in the day vast numbers of Irish People would have faced vastly higher leves of discrimination and sectarian abuse than virtually any of the new Irish who have come here in recent times!

Niall996

That's a rather biased one-sided derogatory summary of the Irish immigrants abroad.

General Urko

look at parts of South Boston:)
You may as well be in darndale
Is there a huge level of West of Ireland originating Culchies in Dardale?:rolleyes:

General Urko

In the USA in particular the Irish knew how to organise. Even in the 19th century, as a group of people and in comparison to other ethnic groups, they were highly politicised. They brought their experiences of land agitation, O'Connell's Monster Meetings, block voting etc with them to the USA, where it was used.
As I said, we were hardly going to lie down and die, were we?

Spirit Of Newgrange

not really surprised by these statistics. The Uk based irish are educated, hardworking and smart. Many of the knacker irish all stay back on the dole in ireland. And the statistics for the brits are all weighed down by knacker brits who would never travel far for work.

tokkie

Paddies got no handouts in their new lands. Thbose that built crime empires probably did so mafia style by leeching off their own as they do here also!
That depends on what era you are referring to. The benefits systems of bygone days is nowhere near as generous as today's system, but make no mistake that many of the Irish who went to the UK in the 50s, 60s etc claimed benefits they were not entitled to. Many of the men invented families to claim child allowances etc. As they worked cash jobs, there was little tax paid.

However if you are referring to the 19th century then there were zero handouts. Crime was an outlet to survive. Note too that in the USA, the Irish gangster did not just leech off his own, but controlled entire swathes of urban areas and leeched off them all.

Wascurito

http://www.politics.ie/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=11367969

Why do you thinlk so many young Irish People get the fúck out of here once they have finished their eductaion - because unless you are an insider, you haven't a chance of getting those lotto winning without having to buy a ticket public sector jobs. Traditionally in Britain, if you had a tenner in your pocket, you could get much further on it than here.
Re no discrimination in England (sectarianism is still a factor in Scotland), I have travelled the length and breath of it, Manchester is like a second home and I have never felt like a foreigner at all, my father who actually lived and worked there certainly remembers it differently, but him and a lot of Paddies like him at the time would have disgraced themsekves wherever they went and he was supposedly one of the few who were 'educated'!:rolleyes:
Also when the PTA was in full swing, The Pigz were using it as an excuse to act the bollex against ordinary decent Irish Folk and I sincerely hope they do not repeat the same mistake against ordinary decent Islamic Folk today, but they will!
Essentially, I get the feeling that Irish People in Britain are regarded as having a special licence to be a bit eccentric (which really suits me), of course understandably acting the bollex is a no no!
I'd be inclined to question that bit in bold. Emigration was high a few years ago for a brief period but not any more.

"Ireland has performed better than Germany, France and the UK in an index that ranks employment opportunities, pay, living standards and social inclusion."

Ireland is better than France, Germany, UK for pay and living standards

PeacefulViking

Wait, a minority that has faced discrimination in the past doing well through education and hard work? That must be some clever white supremacist trick to hide the fact that racism is the only reason for the fact that certain other minorities are earning less.

New Threads

Most Replies