• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.
  • Politics.ie will be closed to new posting in Two (2) Minutes! while the forum software is updated. This should only take a couple of minutes. Please finish any posts in progress.

Ethno-Nationalist Terrorism and The Never Ending Narrative.

Like potato/spud/purdy, all the same but sound slightly different.
No the two statements are quite different.

On the one hand Martin states categorically that the Security forces "concluded" that the IRA directed Sinn Fein. There is nothing in their statement to support this.

They merely repeated some gossip they heard from their agents.

death or glory

No the two statements are quite different.

On the one hand Martin states categorically that the Security forces "concluded" that the IRA directed Sinn Fein. There is nothing in their statement to support this.

They merely repeated some gossip they heard from their agents.
So they repeated what their numerous intelligence sources told them.
If your lot weren't so keen for the British pound, youse mightn't have had to surrender and decommission.

between the bridges

You're selective condemnations are gestures for you to hide behind when you continue to malign and attack the CNR community from the safety of your desktop.
A daily diatribe that has morphed into years of pathetic online abuse all the while you are by all accounts LYFAO :rolleyes:, what have you achieved?.
The only thing selective about moi's condemnation of all terrorist groups recognising that all victims were human beings, is yer selecting not to agree, shame on you...

If your lot weren't so keen for the British pound, youse mightn't have had to surrender and decommission.
If the IRA ceasefire of August 1994 was a surrender, as you imply, why did James Molyneux say this after it was announced that it was the most ‘‘destabilising event to happen to Northern Ireland in 70 years’’.

The truth is that the Unionist parties railed against the Peace Process from its very inception with the Hume/Adams talks, with lunatics like John Taylor making threats of retaliation. Over and over again they proclaimed the impossibility of an IRA ceasefire and then when it did happen they went apoplectic. Far from seeing the peace process as a republican "surrender", the opposite was claimed - that the British were surrendering to the IRA.

As for decommissioning, it was a necessary, and voluntary, act of reconciliation to our Unionist brothers and sisters.

death or glory

If the IRA ceasefire of August 1994 was a surrender, as you imply, why did James Molyneux say this after it was announced that it was the most ‘‘destabilising event to happen to Northern Ireland in 70 years’’.

The truth is that the Unionist parties railed against the Peace Process from its very inception with the Hume/Adams talks, with lunatics like John Taylor making threats of retaliation. Over and over again they proclaimed the impossibility of an IRA ceasefire and then when it did happen they went apoplectic. Far from seeing the peace process as a republican "surrender", the opposite was claimed - that the British were surrendering to the IRA.

As for decommissioning, it was a necessary, and voluntary, act of reconciliation to our Unionist brothers and sisters.
If that's what our handlers told you, it must be true.
You'se never were the sharpest knives in the drawer.

2lazy

You defo hit the nail on the head there.
Were you down at the POTD annual on sat night?

Aaaaaahhh sooooo cute - and we almost missed it . After 7-8 years on here DoG has mustered up the courage to make a move on Bridgey.

Come on Bridgey we await your response, don't keep him waiting- check back next when we hear how the 2 orange lads got on at the "annual"

Who would have thought that pi.e would become a hook up spot for angry orangemen. 🥰

Last edited:

AhNowStop

Aaaaaahhh sooooo cute - and we almost missed it . After 7-8 years on here DoG has mustered up the courage to make a move on Bridgey.

Come on Bridgey we await your response, don't keep him waiting- check back next when we hear how the 2 orange lads got on at the "annual"

Who would have thought that pi.e would become a hook up spot for angry orangemen. 🥰
ahhhh :love:

tmg-article_tall;jpeg_quality=20.jpg

mon now lads spill the beans .. do I need to buy a new lambeg :eek:

If that's what our handlers told you, it must be true.
You'se never were the sharpest knives in the drawer.
The negative and hysterical attitude of the unionist leaders to the peace process is well documented. If you disagree tell me where I am wrong. You shouldn't reply to an argument with childish insults which don't make sense.

death or glory

The negative and hysterical attitude of the unionist leaders to the peace process is well documented. If you disagree tell me where I am wrong. You shouldn't reply to an argument with childish insults which don't make sense.
Well as a Provo, you don't seriously expect us unionists to take you seriously.
As for against the peace process, you were the terrorist group mostly responsible for needing it, and as the Army council is still responsible for SF policy, that is highly hypocritical as is expected.

Well as a Provo, you don't seriously expect us unionists to take you seriously.
As for against the peace process, you were the terrorist group mostly responsible for needing it, and as the Army council is still responsible for SF policy, that is highly hypocritical as is expected.
Well, as a republican (I am not a member of any organisation) I take Unionists seriously. That is why I am engaging with you.

Republicans did benefit from the peace process, but so did everybody. The problem was that the leaders of Unionism were so hostile to the very movement which improved the lives of everybody, Catholic and Protestant.

The allegation that the Army council dictates SF policy has no basis in fact. I have dealt with that canard in a previous post.

death or glory

Well, as a republican (I am not a member of any organisation) I take Unionists seriously. That is why I am engaging with you.

Republicans did benefit from the peace process, but so did everybody. The problem was that the leaders of Unionism were so hostile to the very movement which improved the lives of everybody, Catholic and Protestant.

The allegation that the Army council dictates SF policy has no basis in fact. I have dealt with that canard in a previous post.
You may have thought you dealt with it, but unfortunately most sane people take the word of the PSNI and the intelligence services over an anonymous internet warrior.
Yes of course we are hostile about the republican terrorist movement.

between the bridges

You may have thought you dealt with it, but unfortunately most sane people take the word of the PSNI and the intelligence services over an anonymous internet warrior.
Yes of course we are hostile about the republican terrorist movement.
It's understandable that Unionists were hostile to the republican armed campaign. What is not so clear is why they were hostile to the peace process which brought it to an end.

Mickeymac

It's understandable that Unionists were hostile to the republican armed campaign. What is not so clear is why they were hostile to the peace process which brought it to an end.

Leader of Onionism at the time said on the day of the first PIRA ceasefire.............,bad day for Ulster.....

You simply can't make these clowns up. 😂😂😂

McSlaggart

The only thing selective about moi's condemnation of all terrorist groups recognising that all victims were human beings, is yer selecting not to agree, shame on you...

The UK state has been one of the biggest terrorist groups in an age. I like Tony Blair but he should have been stopping the US / European invasion of countries and not sending in his troops.

michael-mcivor

The New IRA is the biggest of the dissident republican groups operating in Northern Ireland.

It has been linked with four murders including the shooting of journalist Lyra McKee in Londonderry on Thursday night.

The New ( NewCo ) have killed no Brits or cops and never attacked England- nothing militant Republican about those Spooks no matter what you or the Belfast Telegraph dreams up-
Two arrested over that murder of the journalist in Derry- let’s up its not another PSNI ‘ holding charge ‘ till the funeral and news headlines leave us-

between the bridges

The New ( NewCo ) have killed no Brits or cops and never attacked England- nothing militant Republican about those Spooks no matter what you or the Belfast Telegraph dreams up-
Two arrested over that murder of the journalist in Derry- let’s up its not another PSNI ‘ holding charge ‘ till the funeral and news headlines leave us-
Mick we all know that your main problem with the dissos is that they haven't murdered enough Brits, however now that they've managed to murder a young woman perhaps you could manage to condemn that. It would help to make you seem slightly less of an arashole...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies