• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Ethno-Nationalist Terrorism and The Never Ending Narrative.

raetsel

I am not a unionist and I am telling you the situations are objectively not equivalent.
I think you failed to understand that he was accusing me of "deflecting and making excuses for the murder of Ms McKee", which I'd take exception to if it wasn't coming from an insanely bigoted fruitcake who gives me the occasional laugh-out-loud moment on these pages. Were it not for that, I'd have him on 'ignore'.

rem81

That's not what your point was.
Would you be OK if I went up Omagh main street in broad daylight and removed the Gaa flags and bunting that were on public property.
You are way to obsessed with the GAA limey. It's a fcking sporting organization you absolute lunatic. Sure they name some places after terrorists, just like Stormont has a statue of the famine queen and Carson the insurgent. Theres a PSNI GAA team. And a BA GAA team. There is no GAARA you mentalist. What has caused you to be so insane?

Golah veNekhar

So, here's your chance to unequivocally denounce all republican violence with no excuses and no whataboutery.

The floor is yours.
Oh grow up. The Troubles- Baruch Hashem!- are over and over a long time now. Stop living in them.

rem81

Oh grow up. The Troubles- Baruch Hashem!- are over and over a long time now. Stop living in them.

I love how people on this site always call on others users to "condemn" things as if their condemnation of some anonymous random on an internet board matters. Moral grandstanding at its finest.

death or glory

Oh grow up. The Troubles- Baruch Hashem!- are over and over a long time now.
He's just exposing the hypocrisy of some posters.
If you can't condemn them without equivocation you are part of the problem.

rem81

He's just exposing the hypocrisy of some posters.
If you can't condemn them without equivocation you are part of the problem.
It's simple, all murder for a political ideology is wrong. So why does your OO allow convicted murderers into their group and celebrate terrorists? You may not support murder but they say if there's one Nazi at a table of ten... there's ten Nazis. You are complicit.

raetsel

Here: one was a terrorist act (political aim), an attempt by an insurgency force to kill members of the state security groups. An innocent young journalist woman was killed, and the incident was caught on camera. It also occurred during a widely-covered Derry riot.

One was a murder likely over drugs of another criminal.

Try to keep up will you......
Keep up? I think I've lapped you a couple of times at this stage.
Both murders had distinct political dimensions and attracted extensive condemnation from mainstream loyalist political figures at the time, in a tacit acknowledgement of that.
Ian Ogle murder in Belfast fuels loyalist revenge attacks fears - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

East Belfast MP Gavin Robinson said officers were following a strong line of inquiry.

“The family is distraught, as you would imagine. They have lost a loving partner and a loving father,” he said.

“The community will be giving them support. It was a most difficult evening with the most drastic consequences. The attack was a most vicious one and the scenes were horrendous for the family.

“They were there in the immediate aftermath, they were there when the ambulance crews were present. They were praying he would be OK. Sadly, that wasn’t to be.”

Mr Robinson said the local community wanted the police to find the killers quickly and see justice done.

“There are no circumstances in which individuals should feel they have free rein to carry out attacks,” he added.

“The community doesn’t want it. You can see the despair and heartbreak it has caused. It has to stop.” Rev Mervyn Gibson, minister at Westbourne Presbyterian Church on the Newtownards Road, said the community was “shocked at a barbaric attack”.

“I think people will condemn it utterly,” he said.
The victim was among loyalists on the Ulster Peoples Forum (UPF), set up to be the ‘voice’ of loyalists during Belfast’s flag protests in January 2013.

Jamie Bryson, who chaired that forum, tweeted: “Tragic news from east Belfast. Thoughts with the Ogle family. Ian was always a gentleman to me. Sleep easy big man.”

And a loyalist source said: “Ian Ogle was no saint. But he was a decent member of the community, he stood up for his family, his neighbours. He was an influence for good in a difficult situation.”

UUP councillor Sonia Copeland said she had known Mr Ogle for more than 10 years. She said: “He was very much a family man, his kids came first. He was devoted to his wife Vera.

---------------------------------

DUP councillor George Dorrian, who also knew the victim, said the attack was barbaric.
All those unionists felt the need to speak out, yet unionists on this forum were completely silent, even when it was put to them, but now you're using another murder three months later to condemn dignified 1916 commemorations by the Irish government in Dublin and suggesting that by attending them, a posh lad like Leo Varadkar is inspiring kids in the Creggan to take up the gun? For f*ck's sake, you're bonkers. :ROFLMAO:

rem81

Keep up? I think I've lapped you a couple of times at this stage.
Maybe you would be sober if you chilled with the ponteen...

"Both murders had distinct political dimensions and attracted extensive condemnation from mainstream loyalist political figures at the time, in a tacit acknowledgement of that."

The IRA had killed people in the North and the Republic in recent years..... the difference is this was a murder of an unarmed young journalist woman in the middle of a riot caught on camera after munitions raids. Why are you deliberately being obtuse?

All those unionists felt the need to speak out, yet unionists on this forum were completely silent, even when it was put to them,
Tell me again when loyalists shoot a young respected journalist woman dead in public in front of other people when trying to shoot police and the engagement is caught on multiple cameras during hijackings and petrol bombings...… then see the coverage you utter troll.

but now you're using another murder three months later to condemn dignified 1916 commemorations by the Irish government in Dublin and suggesting that by attending them, a posh lad like Leo Varadkar is inspiring kids in the Creggan to take up the gun?
It's completely hypocritical of Irish people to condemn the dissos for their mandate-less murder and then celebrate mandate-less murderers.... in the same ****ing week. The dissos in 32csm and saoradh will eagerly point this out and laugh at you. Ive spoken to those of the militant republic persuasion in Kilwilkie and they openly spoke about how it was acceptable for Pearse… and later O'Hanlon and South, so it should be acceptable for them too.

For f*ck's sake, you're bonkers. :ROFLMAO:
I'm not crazy at all. I am not a loyalist either so talking about them is irrelevant. I'm speaking truth.

rem81

Ponteen? Is that some sort half way house between a drinking game and a card school? :ROFLMAO:
Good night!
Whatever, terrorist-supporter.

Golah veNekhar

Ponteen? Is that some sort half way house between a drinking game and a card school? :ROFLMAO:
Good night!
Prods drink Poitín to. The best present my mum in law says she has ever been given was a bottle of top class Poitín from my sister.

death or glory

Prods drink Poitín to. The best present my mum in law says she has ever been given was a bottle of top class Poitín from my sister.
Except we call it "poteen".

rem81

Those heretics and rejectors of the true faith (and the church itself, and therefore Christ - see why are you persecuting ME, not why are you persecuting my church? to Paul on the road to Damascus) don't need anymore drink. The proddies are aging out drunkards already. Their frequent consumption of pasties and their love of Ulster fry and disgusting greasy foods has made them a heart-diseased nasty and sectarian people. The sight of so many fat xenophobic paramilitary-backers banging their lambegs intimidating innocents Catholics is all too common.....

The Protestant community must cut down on sectarianism, greasy food, and drink. They are becoming quite unhealthy and their overweightness is lowing their fertility, which isn't good for their demographics when those heretics use contraception to engage in immoral fornication, or even with their wives just for "convenience" which is also immoral and disordered.

rem81

between the bridges

Romanticising the murder gangs of the past merely empowers the murder gangs of today...

These comments are further evidence of how Sinn Fein just do not grasp the reality or impact of IRA violence," the Omagh councillor said.

"It is rather difficult to understand how anyone could 'besmirch the name of the IRA' given the litany of crimes with which its name is associated.

"This is an organisation responsible for the deliberate targeting of civilians in bombs in Claudy in 1972, Coleraine in 1973, La Mon in 1978 and Enniskillen in 1987.

"How exactly do you 'besmirch' the name of an organisation that shot a nine-month-old baby in the head in Germany in October 1989? Or blew up two children in a shopping street in Warrington in 1993?

"Pearse Doherty just doesn't get the fact that the IRA and the so-called New IRA are cut from the same cloth.

"There is no point differentiating between the two.

"Their stock in trade is terror. Murder is what the IRA did, and is what the New IRA do.

"In aims and tactics there is no difference. Terrorism is terrorism.

"You can't romanticise the past and condemn the present."

rem81

Romanticising the murder gangs of the past merely empowers the murder gangs of today...

These comments are further evidence of how Sinn Fein just do not grasp the reality or impact of IRA violence," the Omagh councillor said.

"It is rather difficult to understand how anyone could 'besmirch the name of the IRA' given the litany of crimes with which its name is associated.

"This is an organisation responsible for the deliberate targeting of civilians in bombs in Claudy in 1972, Coleraine in 1973, La Mon in 1978 and Enniskillen in 1987.

"How exactly do you 'besmirch' the name of an organisation that shot a nine-month-old baby in the head in Germany in October 1989? Or blew up two children in a shopping street in Warrington in 1993?

"Pearse Doherty just doesn't get the fact that the IRA and the so-called New IRA are cut from the same cloth.

"There is no point differentiating between the two.

"Their stock in trade is terror. Murder is what the IRA did, and is what the New IRA do.

"In aims and tactics there is no difference. Terrorism is terrorism.

"You can't romanticise the past and condemn the present."

Translation... we dont like the ra like...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies