• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

EU accession states nationals constitute 9% of live register reciepients (CSO february 2013)

markcolenn

Catalpast

From The Central Statistics Office (CSO.ie)
Persons on the Live Register classified by nationality grouping (feb 2012):

352047 (83%) Irish
42561 (9%) EU accession states (Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Hungary.. etc)
16799 (4%) UK nationals
13616 (3%) non EU
3853 (1%) EU 15 (excluding UK and Ireland)

Source: to check details, go to cso.ie pdf document (feb 2012):
Page 12
http://www.cso.ie/en/media/csoie/releasespublications/documents/labourmarket/2013/lreg_feb2013.pdf
Well clearly shows that:

We need more Immigrants!:cool:

ruserious

I favour the Hukou Card system that China operates. Workers free to travel and work in any state but can only claim welfare from their home state.

GDPR

it definitely shows yet again that membership of the EU is extremely expensive for Ireland.

H.R. Haldeman

So as long as we have 60,000 Irish people claiming dole elsewhere in the world, we're quids in.

There's probably that many in the UK alone.

GDPR

Do you know the amount paid to Irish people in other EU countries like Britain?

Go ahead and tell me if you know. I won't lose sleep on Irish people claiming benefits from a country which plundered this land of it's resources for hundreds of years but I do know most of them work and it doesn't take a genius to know that Irish people wont be getting anything from Poland or Romania etc since a weekly wage there is less than their nationals can claim in dole here.

stopdoingstuff

Add the accession states to the non EU and that's about half a billion in dole payments alone. The we have child benefit, mortgage income supplement and rent, medical cards, council housing occupied, school places occupied.....

H.R. Haldeman

Add the accession states to the non EU and that's about half a billion in dole payments alone.

All in, I reckon it's about 1% of our annual voted expenditure, minus the stimulus/taxes that come back to the sovereign or wider economy when that money is spent, which would not be an inconsiderable amount.

Analyzer

The property ponzi scheme needs every available option to get it moving again.

grumpydunphy

Can anyone tell me how much a self employed and tax compliant individual would get from our ever generous welfare system if their business went belly up?

BodyPolathick

Can anyone tell me how much a self employed and tax compliant individual would get from our ever generous welfare system if their business went belly up?

If you took the risk and employed people paid thousands in various taxes you get, Nada, nothing, Zero.

H.R. Haldeman

Are going to put up the statistics to reinforce that argument, like the OP?
What statistics would you like?

My point is simply that if foreigners are paying 60,000 of our nationals the dole, and we're paying 60,000 of their nationals the dole, we're even. If every immigrant was kicked out of every host country in the morning, we'd have 60,000 fewer non-nationals to pay the dole to, and 60,000 more Irish people to pay the dole to.

SirTallaghtban

So as long as we have 60,000 Irish people claiming dole elsewhere in the world, we're quids in.

There's probably that many in the UK alone.
White Irish are the least reliant ethnic group on the Uks welfare system. Why would you claim 60 pounds there, when you can get just under 200 euro here?