• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

EU budget- what we give -what we get -and what the others give-get

mido

kvran

potholedogger

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

if you ever wanted the complexity that is the EU budget explained in terms of inputs/outputs this interactive guide from the guardian helps
EU budget interactive: where does your money go? | World news | guardian.co.uk

in summary we give € 249 and receive €358
germany give 240 and get 148
uk give 180 get 105

bottom line- eu is still good for us
+1 on the link.

Why - Because "we" are in receipt of more monies than we presently give?

We give and our farmers do most of the getting!
French farmers seem to be leaders of the pack.

Honecker

if you ever wanted the complexity that is the EU budget explained in terms of inputs/outputs this interactive guide from the guardian helps

uk give 180 get 105

The urban PAYE workers do all the giving and the big farmers do all the taking.

And when you factor in all the billions we've given to banks at the behest of the EU and the loss of our fishing rights, sugar industries etc then it's a big jump to conclude that this is evidence that the EU is good for us.

Ryan Tubbs

uk give 180 get 105

94% of the EU budget is spent in Member States, and yet listening to the Tories, Mary Ellon Synon, and other idiots, you'd swear that 100% of it is being spent in Brussels.

Shqiptar

The Belgians are doing alright!

Give 304.12
Get 617.85

Given our wealth levels, we shouldn't be getting more than we give. Just saying. I thought we were on our way to being net contributors.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Give 304.12
Get 617.85

Given our wealth levels, we shouldn't be getting more than we give. Just saying. I thought we were on our way to being net contributors.
We were. Then our economy crashed - necessitating a rethink of the figures (iirc).

Shqiptar

Luxembourg
Give 544.70
Get 3,000

Must be EU institutions or sumfink?

Honecker

Cheque due any day now , thanks very much , no paye workers or self employed taxpayers live in the countryside ?, genius
Johnny the blueshirt farmer is doing very well out of this recession thank you very much.

TimBuckII

Twitter
Yes I am

sport02

Give 304.12
Get 617.85

It doesn't help when Merkel/Trichet/Draghi seem hell bent on screwing us over just leaving us left
picking up Greek scraps.

Al.

Analyzer

The Anglo Bondholders give nothing, get everything they lost from their own recklessness.

kvran

No, bottom line: Manchester Guardian is still a joke as are those that believe their lies.
Anything from the Daily Mail or Telegraph to contradict these figures? Too busy complaining about single mothers and immigrants I suppose.

Honecker

I can't be the only one on this forum who can see how Jewish both The Guardian and the EU are; they follow a Jewish agenda and advance Jewish interests.
Are you for real?

Al.

Anything from the Daily Mail or Telegraph to contradict these figures? Too busy complaining about single mothers and immigrants I suppose.
One lying source backing up another? You don't need Captain Obvious to beat sense into your head over that one. Maybe when auditors actually sign off on EU budgets will the EU's figures start to become credible. But then again, the EU would have to start doing things like separation of powers too, as well as make the member states into actual equals instead of giving "all glory and power to the Hypno-Germany"...