• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

EU Elections 2019 - poll results

RasherHash

Merkel's party make big losses, happy days :)

Small gains for AfD.

RasherHash

SF must be kicking themselves for imposing the whip on abortion, Aontu really sabotaged the SF vote in some areas
Yes, bad decision, the pro-abortion half of SF imposed a dictatorial gag on the pro-life which they will regret.

If they are to become big parties like FF/FG they need to take these lessons on board.

FF ditched a principled stand on the issue and so they grew support, SF went the other route and look what they get :rolleyes:

RasherHash

RasherHash

I heard that someone had written all over the ballot paper but had put number '1' beside a candidate and so the vote was accepted, which is interesting.

PBP voter

PBP voter

I heard that someone had written all over the ballot paper but had put number '1' beside a candidate and so the vote was accepted, which is interesting.
Surprised at that.

I always thought that wouldnt count.

balisong

I wonder where Boylan will run for the Dail?

I can see some other Shinner being deselected.
But SF candidates are *cough* selected at a local level :giggle:

Boylan was barely a wet day in SF when she got a run for the Dail below in Kerry, Same with Ni Riada in Europe. The SF leadership had a Father Ted strategy for candidates (They're all lovely girls). Once the voters figured that SF was now Cumann Ivana Bacik they voted with their feet . :ROFLMAO:

ireallyshouldknowbetter

Surprised at that.

I always thought that wouldnt count.
The funniest one I've seen was one reported by the Guardian from the UK count last night. Someone had written 'wank' in the box beside every candidate, except the Green candidate, into whose box he scrawled 'not wank'. It was counted as a vote for the Greens.

Jack Walsh

The funniest one I've seen was one reported by the Guardian from the UK count last night. Someone had written 'wank' in the box beside every candidate, except the Green candidate, into whose box he scrawled 'not wank'. It was counted as a vote for the Greens.
Sounds a tad apocryphal (especially the vote being considered valid) but still funny

I think now dust has settled after initial Brexit Party euphoria, we will see more focus on fact that remain vote appears to have clearly exceeded that of leave but accept it is hard to nail down

I think after the 36% combined for Brexit, UKIP and smaller hard core fascist candidates, I would struggle to see more than another 8% (I know Tory vote was 9% but it would be foolish to assume that was overwhelmingly "leave")

The EU (apologies for my 2.5 quarts of stout assisted EC faux pas late last night!) seems a bit more stable today
It was a weekend they feared, but it came at least two years too late for the hard right and the outright fascists

If the elections had been late 2016 at height of migrant crisis, it would have been carnage for sure and may have brought the house down.

Jack Walsh

5.7% for the Greens is a "wave", but 5.4% for Libertas in 2009 was a flop. :cautious:

The Greens got 17.5% in the European elections
No one, not even the biggest headbangers on this site can claim that that is anything other than a stunningly good result for them

This endless shite on this site about "Pravda/RTE" libby conspiracy BS is tiresome and inaccurate

Dame_Enda

The Greens got 17.5% in the European elections
No one, not even the biggest headbangers on this site can claim that that is anything other than a stunningly good result for them

This endless shite on this site about "Pravda/RTE" libby conspiracy BS is tiresome and inaccurate
The Greens got 5.7% in the European elections in Ireland nationally.

Jack Walsh

The Greens got 5.7% in the European elections in Ireland nationally.
That is their local election total and would be miles higher but for the very simple fact that voters would not have got the chance to even cast a vote for Green candidate in the majority of local election districts as none stood.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies