EU integrationist camp "usual suspects" - McDowell

farnaby

In today's SBP, Michael McDowell states:

The usual suspects keep hinting that we will do better if we gravitate towards the integrationist camp in the EU.
https://www.businesspost.ie/opinion/theresa-may-hands-full-juggling-act-involving-hard-brexit-soft-brexit-free-trade-looking-shaky-414775

I'm struggling to work out who the "usual suspects" are in this case? Fellow opinion column writers? Former-fellow establishment politicians? I can't think of any prominent members of these groups who would class themselves as unabashedly EU-integrationist.

Any thoughts?

He goes on:

But that camp is in decline at the moment. We have little to offer the integrationists and they have little intention of offering us much in return.
Again, who on earth is he talking about?! Who are these shadowy Eurocrats whose intentions McDowell has the inside track on?

A rather cryptic paragraph in an otherwise half-decent article.

storybud1

The usual clowns that the lobbyists have bought,, sure SF went from a Nationalist Irish party to an Open borders for the third world welfare tourists and Pro-EU Party and nobody blinked ? WTF ?? are we all taking Stooopid Pills,,,

gleeful

McDowell is a moron. Not worth worrying what latest nuttery he's warbling on about

Spirit Of Newgrange

would any of the following be candidates : richard boyd barrett ? Merkel, Juncker ? ivana bacek ? alan shatter ? anybody from the Chief Exec and down to the tea lady at RTE ?

FF/FG/Lab/SF ?

or is this just paranoia ?

mr_anderson

McDowell is a moron. Not worth worrying what latest nuttery he's warbling on about

I'm no fan of McDowell, but he was the one who pushed the citizenship referendum.
This single action has saved the nation billions, making him probably the most productive politician ever.

Spirit Of Newgrange

I'm no fan of McDowell, but he was the one who pushed the citizenship referendum.
This single action has saved the nation billions, making him probably the most productive politician ever.

without that referendum, would we now be the disaster that is Sweden ?

stopdoingstuff

The EU is a hostile power and I would not shed a tear if the Russians wiped Brussels off the map. It would at the very least be an improvement in architectural and cultural terms.

Wagmore

Change is a coming. EU ship is going down...only a matter of time. People are waking to their no borders bs.

Spirit Of Newgrange

The euro will collapse within days, Im told...
it will not affect me. Thankfully. Been expecting the Euro to fall apart for years. One day it will happen. Guaranteed. Could be tomorrow, could be five years from now.

Mercurial

Only on p.ie could being the architect of institutionalised racism be counted as a silver lining on a politician's cv.

JCR

In today's SBP, Michael McDowell states:

https://www.businesspost.ie/opinion/theresa-may-hands-full-juggling-act-involving-hard-brexit-soft-brexit-free-trade-looking-shaky-414775

I'm struggling to work out who the "usual suspects" are in this case? Fellow opinion column writers? Former-fellow establishment politicians? I can't think of any prominent members of these groups who would class themselves as unabashedly EU-integrationist.

Any thoughts?

He goes on:

Again, who on earth is he talking about?! Who are these shadowy Eurocrats whose intentions McDowell has the inside track on?

A rather cryptic paragraph in an otherwise half-decent article.
Maybe he is dreaming up his own EU Keyser Soze, who also didn't exist.

mr_anderson

Only on p.ie could being the architect of institutionalised racism be counted as a silver lining on a politician's cv.
80% voted his way.
So you've just called 1,427,520 Irish citizens racists.
You know when posters tell you that using 'that word' so much belittles it's meaning or impact to the point of irrelevancy ?
Well that's a prime example.

But more interesting is the fact you attacked him for simply bringing the referendum.
How dare he allowing people to choose !
And how dare they be allowed vote against your great idea !

Scratch any leftist/SJW like yourself and a little dictator-in-waiting emerges.
It's the only way you can put your grand design into practice.

Well done.

ionsniffer

Our leaders are pushing this integration. Ireland is finished as a nation.
We are the ************************ on the heel of the EU because or leaders are such coward scum.

Vega1447

It is not racist to deny automatic citizenship to the children of illegal immigrants. And by extension to the immigrants themselves.

It is merely protecting the interests of the people of the country.

On this matter McDowell was right - and the people agreed with him.

Analyzer

Are there not already enough threads about Hillary Rodham Clinton ?

I always think of her hustband, when I hear the term "super-predator" incidentally....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies