EU raises Brexit Bill to €100 billion

Novos

According to the leaked report that is exactly what David Davis said to Barier and Juncker in last weeks meeting , and they agreed with him but Barnier replied that if the UK goes down that route they can forget about ever getting a trade deal with the EU.
Yeah they won't renege on fair debts. But they can delay paying them. As I said trade between EU/UK is £10 billion a week. After a lot of grandstanding and suitable showboating a simple accommodation will be reached.

popular1

Just letting her know she has f*uck all. She froze negotiations to have a GE, they are not dancing to her timetable. :D
ha ha
the eu are just snake oil salesmen, they will do whats best for them and ostracising the UK is not best for them
this is the EU, remember, you know the guys who have nt audited their accounts for years
remember the picture of the MEPs lining up to sign the book of attendance on a friday about a decade ago
oh yes very decent people i am sure
the same buffoons who watched while french and german banks lent out money to countries like ireland for a housing bubble
and then like the decent chaps they are made pinnochio and co pay for it
where was the european centrtal bank then and all their very smart people
the same clowns who created the euro and made interest rates uniform across europe
which suited the big countries while contributing to the crash in ireland because of low interest rates
which were the last thing ireland needed at the time.
This is the EU which has a clown like merkel allowing a million people into her county in a year
with no forward planning whatsoever, what did she think was going to happen.
And you and the EU have the cheek to accuse the UK of not planning for the future.

The EU needs the UK, it is strategically located on the edge of Europe, its going no where
and well they know it

the guys who

Betson

Yeah they won't renege on fair debts. But they can delay paying them. As I said trade between EU/UK is £10 billion a week. After a lot of grandstanding and suitable showboating a simple accommodation will be reached.
I agree , a trade war is bad or everyone , it is all right for politicians to talk tough but business leaders from all sides will eventually put pressure on them to cut a deal. And they are the ones who ultimately pay the bills so they will be listened to.

Dearghoul

Ah it's getting into fantasy post time.
Loose Northern Ireland ............ LOL

The EU will replace the UK,.........LOL
Have a look at the EU growth the last 10 years. Have a look at unemployment figs.

"GDP Annual Growth Rate in European Union averaged 1.70 percent from 1996 until 2016, reaching an all time high of 4.60 percent in the second quarter of 2000 and a record low of -5.40 percent in the first quarter of 2009."
Just pray they don't let Turkey join in an act of desperation.
I think the loss of NI, call it the gain of unification from the perspective of this poster at least is well on the cards through this and I can't see how it can be dismissed easily, though admittedly Scotland may still go first.

Novos

Doesn't matter what majority she gets - that will just hang it round the neck of her party. The EU doesn't care if she has a majority of five or five hundred.

I keep hearing the Tory BS of strong negotiation hand for May, and best deal for the UK.

Hammond himself has admitted that BREXIT will bring a hole in the budget of £100-200bn.

So the UK has lost already, there is no "best for the UK", the best deal for the UK is a hole of £200bn.

That is the equivalent of paying membership for 40 years, but without receiving the benefit of £60bn annual trade profit. That in real terms means an actual loss of £2 trillion.

This election is a muppet show. Of course the EU doesn't take it seriously.

Your sums are worse than Dianne Abbots.

GDPR

Britain = 1,8 trillion in debt.

Loss of EU membership = 2 trillion.

Only on Pie does the UK hold a winning hand. :D

mac tíre

This is just spin at this stage in the process. The British will be at it tomorrow. This is how it will be for awhile.

Novos

I think the loss of NI, call it the gain of unification from the perspective of this poster at least is well on the cards through this and I can't see how it can be dismissed easily, though admittedly Scotland may still go first.

What makes you think that? There isn't a single shred of evidence that a United Ireland is possible in the foreseeable future.
There isn't even enough support to get a referendum. Support in the North is at best 30% and support in the ROI is 31% if it involves any Tax increases.

GDPR

This is just spin at this stage in the process. The British will be at it tomorrow. This is how it will be for awhile.
Yes they have explained this in detail :D

BREXIT means BREXIT
BREXIT will be red white and blue
Be patient and ambitious
Strong and stable
Bloody difficult woman
Let's make a success of BREXIT

That is all you need to know.

Mitsui2

The EU disagree and take the position of use your cop.
Given the scarifying lack of the most simpleminded cop-on that the whole Brexit fiasco has exposed in the upper reaches of the Tory Party, maybe this is them using their cop ... such as it is!

mac tíre

Yes they have explained this in detail :D

BREXIT means BREXIT
BREXIT will be red white and blue
Be patient and ambitious
Strong and stable
Bloody difficult woman
Let's make a success of BREXIT

That is all you need to know.
Indeed, as I said - spin. Well, I hope that is spin because if that is the genuine plan they are more fúcked than I thought.

Ireland, next door to Zimbabwe. Who would've thought? :lol:

Dearghoul

What makes you think that? There isn't a single shred of evidence that a United Ireland is possible in the foreseeable future.
There isn't even enough support to get a referendum. Support in the North is at best 30% and support in the ROI is 31% if it involves any Tax increases.
Let's see what the first 5 years of public spending contraction means to the heavily subsidised six.

I think, by the way, that ultimately what's left of the UK will benefit economically from losing the restriction of EU membership even if some of that comes about in unpleasant ways. The first ten or fifteen years may however be murder.

GDPR

Indeed, as I said - spin. Well, I hope that is spin because if that is the genuine plan they are more fúcked than I thought.

Treeza twits: So some of my best people tell me that being bloody difficult will be a huge, huge win. Fact. We will build a massive wall to stop those south Ireland criminals. Fact.

GDPR

Let's see what the first 5 years of public spending contraction means to the heavily subsidised six.

I think, by the way, that ultimately what's left of the UK will benefit economically from losing the restriction of EU membership even if some of that comes about in unpleasant ways. The first ten or fifteen years may however be murder.
Well the dimmer BREXITEERS will lose their fond hopes of a good job up factory, because British manufacturing (whats left of it) will have to re-route to Asia petunia

Novos

Dearghoul;11146394[B said:
]Let's see what the first 5 years of public spending contraction means to the heavily subsidised six.
[/B]
If we lose more of the block grant because the UK is suffering because of Brexit, then the ROI will also be suffering at least as much and will be unable to afford union with NI. If you are relying on economic decay in NI being the catalyst for UI. I think you are completely wrong.

Novos

More wishful thinking from the anti brit anti english squad. You 2 should go private.

GDPR

PM May in negotiations, "I'm going to be bloody difficult. Give me a good deal or I'll leave."

Juncker switches on big screen displaying the value of the pound. Sends tweet, "Bad news. PM May agitating to leave with no deal. Bloody difficult woman."

May watches as pound plummets on the screen.

Dearghoul

Well the dimmer BREXITEERS will lose their fond hopes of a good job up factory, because British manufacturing (whats left of it) will have to re-route to Asia petunia
Ah that's happened anyway, courtesy of globalisation and automation.

It would have been helpful if they had a party to explain that it wasn't entirely the EU's fault rather than branding them as racist.

GDPR

Ah that's happened anyway, courtesy of globalisation and automation.

It would have been helpful if they had a party to explain that it wasn't entirely the EU's fault rather than branding them as racist.
LOL they were groomed for 30 years by Tories and the red tops to blame the EU for everything, and told they were the salt of the earth, anyone who argued for the EU was a toffy-nosed fancy pants latte drinking feminist poofter.

mac tíre

More wishful thinking from the anti brit anti english squad. You 2 should go private.
It was a joke, ffs.

The anti-Brit, anti-English stuff is just gibberish. It's your problem if you see every post that doesn't hold Britain up as paragons of virtue and as generally just brilliant as anti-Brit and anti-English, not mine.

You should do something about that.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies