EU Warships

constitutionus

whoa ho lads !

looked like somebody nixed the EU NAVY bit. the page was re edited at 16.23 today :) :)

maybe said something they wernt meant to and the powers that be stood in.

He3

whoa ho lads !

looked like somebody nixed the EU NAVY bit. the page was re edited at 16.23 today :) :)

maybe said something they wernt meant to and the powers that be stood in.
EU Warships scuttled by RTÉ.

Couldn't be P.ie power, could it? Faster acting than Anadin.

Next for the airbrush:

EU warships - Google Search

constitutionus

LOVE the one in the guardian.

britain to lead an armada of EU warships ! :) :)

lord !

Bobert

Of course this is about Lisbon. Look at the people who started this thread. No-one except the Lisbon-obsessed cares what the media call ships that fight pirates.

No it isn't! EurFor existed long before Lisbon! And to say that only No voters have an interest in this is ridiculous.

ibis

IT'S NOT ABOUT LISBON! ******************** sake, starting to sound like FT at this stage.
Of course this is about Lisbon. Look at the people who started this thread. No-one except the Lisbon-obsessed cares what the media call ships that fight pirates.
Yup. The only reason for these threads is to create FUD in advance of any second referendum.

No it isn't! EurFor existed long before Lisbon! And to say that only No voters have an interest in this is ridiculous.
And was that context explained....? Why no! It wasn't, and won't be. This thread is a standard He3 FUD thread, and I'm afraid it is all about Lisbon.

constitutionus

jaysus and people think IM paranoid.

the fact is the defacto formation of an EU NAVY is news.

as even the heavily edited RTE site admits its NEVER been done before and they refer to EU officials being behind it. not a coalition of countries deciding to help out.

this is a whole new ball game and people are right to pay attention to it.

Bobert

Yup. The only reason for these threads is to create FUD in advance of any second referendum.
Zomg! So if I start a thread on cap it's to create FUD?

inis said:
And was that context explained....? Why no! It wasn't, and won't be. This thread is a standard He3 FUD thread, and I'm afraid it is all about Lisbon.
So how come the person who first mentioned lisbon is a tea side crank?

ibis

...the defacto formation of an EU NAVY...
Well, no. It's the coordination by the EU of a temporary task force, where every element is on loan from member states and the objectives are set by the foreign ministers of the member states. The EU is the 'framework' for coordination, just as the UN would be under other circumstances.

So, claiming it to be the "de facto formation of an EU NAVY" is indeed paranoid, and ridiculous. If you are opposed to the use of the EU as a framework for military coordination, that's a valid position - your alarmism, on the other hand, is not.

constitutionus

Well, no. It's the coordination by the EU of a temporary task force, where every element is on loan from member states and the objectives are set by the foreign ministers of the member states. The EU is the 'framework' for coordination, just as the UN would be under other circumstances.

So, claiming it to be the "de facto formation of an EU NAVY" is indeed paranoid, and ridiculous. If you are opposed to the use of the EU as a framework for military coordination, that's a valid position - your alarmism, on the other hand, is not.

looks like an armada of warships to me with air support , all answering to some guys in brussles.

using bertisms to get around that really doesnt change the reality. its an EU navy in everyting but name.

and who says its temporary?

in fact what does "temporary" mean cause the most experience i have of that word from officialdom was to do with the temporary halting site in tallaght and thats been there for 30 YEARS .

Bobert

I have to ask, where does Rsf stand on this?

ibis

Zomg! So if I start a thread on cap it's to create FUD?
No, but you're you. If toxic or someone like that started this thread it wouldn't necessarily be about Lisbon either.

So how come the person who first mentioned lisbon is a tea side crank?
Dear me...how do you think FUD works?

constitutionus

The most exciting aspect of all this is, of course, the fact that Pirates rule the waves once more. It shivers me timbers, so it does. A-Har !

this is of course true !

unfortunetly most footage makes it look like a naff version of "miami vice "

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
What? How is this NATO's mess? How is Iraq NATO's mess? Also note every EU state involved in this is also in NATO.

because nato is america (+uk etc)

sorry iraq was the 'COW's mess was it?

He3

Bobert

No, but you're you. If toxic or someone like that started this thread it wouldn't necessarily be about Lisbon either.
And what if KerryNorth had, or David, or Cookie, or Ibis?

Dear me...how do you think FUD works?
By having a yes side crank come into the discussion?

You were the first to utter the word "Lisbon" on this thread.
Yeah but you brought it up as a generalisation. Thus you are a Tea side crank. Also, I voted no and would be pro-EU collective defence initiatives.

Bobert

EDIT:
Just under two hours after this thread was opened, and we are claiming no credit for this, RTÉ deleted the opening line of their report quoted above, and replaced it with this:

The EU has agreed to launch an anti-piracy naval operation off the coast of Somalia involving ships and aircraft from several nations.

Whatever prompted that editorial move, the use of the term 'EU warships' in connection with this expedition is widespread in the international media. See also here

EU Warships - Google search

Why aren't we claiming credit?

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
I'm not opposed as long as Irish lives are not put at risk. Somalia has become a threat to the world economy and this threat needs to be neutralised. That country hasn't had a govt since 1993 and while sceptical of Western military action to change that, I favour Afrcan Union intervention, with if necessary financial help from the EU to pay for it.

ibis

And what if KerryNorth had, or David, or Cookie, or Ibis?
Other motives, quite possibly. On the other hand, if eurosceptic started it we would know the intent - and if people korps or Anti-Coalition started it, we would expect a Ganley link, however spurious.

He3's opposition to Lisbon (and perhaps the EU) revolved largely around EU militarisation (although any issue will do). So when He3 starts a thread that dramatises EU military coordination, it is not difficult to discern the likely motivation.

Bobert

Other motives, quite possibly. On the other hand, if eurosceptic started it we would know the intent - and if people korps or Anti-Coalition started it, we would expect a Ganley link, however spurious.

He3's opposition to Lisbon (and perhaps the EU) revolved largely around EU militarisation (although any issue will do). So when He3 starts a thread that dramatises EU military coordination, it is not difficult to discern the likely motivation.

Aye, but we're getting off topic.

I says Yay for Collective Defence within the EU.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies