• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Eunice Kennedy Shriver has died.

Christine Murray

Website
www.poethead.wordpress.com

White Horse

I don't know too much about her. Wasn't she very involved in the Special Olympics?

RIP.

MaireadKelly1

This is such a tragedy. Mother of four children, all under eighteen.

Some of that guy's comments re the "Catholic" Kennedys and suicide are bizarre, to say the least.

Mitsui2

That's a hell of a thing all right - hadn't heard it. That family has had such a string of bad things happen, both from within and from without, that it would almost make you believe in curses.

tigerben

It seems Mary Kennedy had problems with drink and prescription drugs, and due to on going divorce Battles were still legally married. It s sad for the kids, oldest 17 , youngest 11 , with the two eldest at boarding school and the two youngest with their dad at the time it happened, Robert Kennedy is dating the a tv star ( the wife in curb your enthusiasm ).

Desperate Dan

Apologies but I cannot find the original thread on this and have entered numerous terms via the search engine, if a
Mod wants to merge, pls do.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2009/08/11/us/news-usa-shriver.html?_r=1&src=twt&twt=nytimes

Coming through via NYT Twitter.

Related Link : Eunice Kennedy Shriver, 88; member of Kennedy clan, founder of Special Olympics - The Boston Globe
I am sure a lot of people died today, does this deserve a thread. RIP to her anyway.

MaireadKelly1

is her Daughter the one that was married to Arnie?
Yes, Eunice Kennedy was Maria Shriver's mother.

Robert Kennedy, Jr. is Maria's first cousin. The death of his wife, Mary, by suicide has just
been announced. She was only 52 years old.

stoichkov

That's a hell of a thing all right - hadn't heard it. That family has had such a string of bad things happen, both from within and from without, that it would almost make you believe in curses.
the kennedys' family fortune was built on organised crime and ruthless stroke-pulling on a truly global and industrial scale.

having said that, i wouldn't wish their accumulated tragedies on them or any other clan.

seanmoylantd

I know who the dead woman reminds me of now-Caré Otis of Mickey Rourke fame!
I can go back to bed now.