€130,000 spent by Kenny in hotel and travel bills in last 4 months as Taoiseach

Erudite Caveman

Ah, some "look over there" stuff. Haven't actually see it in a while. I'm sure its been posted (this is p.ie after all), I just haven't' seen it.

But its all a disgrace. No respect for taxpayers money. That's the problem.

I'm not saying Kenny should not have gone, I'm only questioning 9 people for 7 days. In my opinion, that was excessive. I've travelled for business many a time in my job. Travel is well controlled and excessivene4ss is not tolerated.
If 9 people is excessive for our Head of Goverment and his officials to meet the POTUS, VPOTUS, Speaker and countless other people of influence on Capitol Hill and beyond, then it is safe to say that your company was positively profilgate in sending you anywhere, even for a night.

the secretary

Kenny's goodbye to the people of Ireland while we have thousands homeless, increasing hospital waiting lists etc. So while dictating austerity for 6 years to us the Fianna Gaeler fleeces the country for all he can get as his goodbye, would anyone expect anything better ?

" Enda Kenny ran up more than €130,000 in travel and hotel bills during his last four months in office...... The biggest chunk of the bill came from his trip around the United States for St Patrick’s Day where he travelled to New York, Boston, Philadelphia and Washington DC as part of his seven day mission. The total cost of his US trip was €77,000. Mr Kenny’s wife Fionnuala travelled with him on the trip as did six governmental staff and a member of his security detail. "

Enda Kenny ran up more than €130,000 in travel and hotel bills during his last months in office
And?

Watcher2

If 9 people is excessive for our Head of Goverment and his officials to meet the POTUS, VPOTUS, Speaker and countless other people of influence on Capitol Hill and beyond, then it is safe to say that your company was positively profilgate in sending you anywhere, even for a night.
hehehehehehe, they met Trump and a worse gurrier, Pence. Only reason Pence was taken as the running mate was a rear guard action by Trump not to be impeached because Pence is worse.

But yeah, we needed the entourage. Trump could give a flying fvck about Ireland. No amount of Kenny schmoozing will change that. look at what Noonan did licking his hole in Shannon with the red carpet, harp and lovely ladies.

Kenny was a busted flush from a country that needs other peoples money to keep the lights on. We are one of the most heavily indebted nations in the world. But no, the Irish need to lash it on even more. Its only taxpayers money.

EDIT: By the way, any tax plans that will scupper Irelands position as regards MNC's and FDI's will be passed more by other than POTUS or VPOTUS. Go figure. Trump probably has the least influence on Capitol Hill. But you continue to fool yourself. Good lad.

Uganda

Oh dear 26 posts, whose sock puppet are you :roll: On my Ignore list already wannabe comedian.
Wee 26 better than 11,395 of endless whinging and whining.

excpet of course about Django Djorry. Can you name one thing he ever did that benfited the irish people?

meriwether

I think 9 people for 7 nights was the excessive bit. Maybe I don't know enough of international diplomacy, but I think it excessive, especially for a country that continues to borrow to keep the lights on.
You're a complete eejit.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Did Kenny spend the money? Hardly. He just showed up and went where he was meant to go, I'm guessing.

Our Taoiseach should travel in a manner befitting of the office.

Maybe if he stayed in a campervan it would make some happy, but then others would say that it's a stunt.

Load of old shyte.

meriwether

Did Kenny spend the money? Hardly. He just showed up and went where he was meant to go, I'm guessing.

Our Taoiseach should travel in a manner befitting of the office.

Maybe if he stayed in a campervan it would make some happy, but then others would say that it's a stunt.

Load of old shyte.
Jesus christ, SIL says something sensible.

I've been gone too long.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Wee 26 better than 11,395 of endless whinging and whining.

excpet of course about Django Djorry. Can you name one thing he ever did that benfited the irish people?
Been one of the main players in the Good Friday Agreement ? Kenny's achievement, imposing austerity on the decent people off Ireland while he lives it up and tries to out do even FF with cronyism and corruption.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
We are an expensive little nation....ripping off the Irish public with outlandish prices for just about everything, and we are spreading it to Europe: Irish blamed for EU's overspending on translation service - Independent.ie

THE high cost of translating EU stories into Irish is being blamed for the European Parliament overspending its budget by millions of euro. Private translators in Brussels charge on average €21.91 per page some languages can be higher, like Irish the most expensive, according to the internal document, at a going rate of €42 per page

Who do we think we are?

Odyessus

We are an expensive little nation....ripping off the Irish public with outlandish prices for just about everything, and we are spreading it to Europe: Irish blamed for EU's overspending on translation service - Independent.ie

THE high cost of translating EU stories into Irish is being blamed for the European Parliament overspending its budget by millions of euro. Private translators in Brussels charge on average €21.91 per page some languages can be higher, like Irish the most expensive, according to the internal document, at a going rate of €42 per page..

Who do we think we are?

Private translators in Brussels charge on average €21.91 per page some languages can be higher, like Irish the most expensive, according to the internal document, at a going rate of €42 per page
Sounds like translators can just name their price. Why doesn't the European Parliament just set the rate it will pay?

DaveM

Ah, some "look over there" stuff. Haven't actually see it in a while. I'm sure its been posted (this is p.ie after all), I just haven't' seen it.

But its all a disgrace. No respect for taxpayers money. That's the problem.

I'm not saying Kenny should not have gone, I'm only questioning 9 people for 7 days. In my opinion, that was excessive. I've travelled for business many a time in my job. Travel is well controlled and excessivene4ss is not tolerated.
Firstly I don't think the cost is excessive at all.

Secondly given that the OP chose to supposed parade his outrage at this expense it's entirely relevant to point out another cost to the taxpayer in respect of which his outrage is conspicuously absent, presumably for reasons of party allegiance.

automaticforthepeople

Would have been much more efficient if he had taken a leaf out of Gerry Adams and Mary Lou's book and had a supporter pay for him in first class. While we're at it, if Kenny ever falls ill maybe a rich friend in the states will fly him over to avoid mixing with the great unwashed for his ops.

If Gerry won't be at the back of the bus, why should Kenny?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies