• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

€183,000 to store e-voting machines

Mushroom

spidermom

Word is that they're waiting until the Poolbeg incinerator opens so the machines can be disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner.
:)

opps..they may be waiting so...if Gormley has owt to do with it!!!

slx

Simple : whoever authorised this gross waste of should be fired!

That 183,000 = about 4 well paid nurses!

It's just idiotic !!

EvotingMachine0197

Yeah, after two Commissions on EV (both of which concluded the systems were utter rubbish) and 1.5 years of a 'Task Force' , we're still paying for the pieces of shyte.

Some fecking task force that. It would drive you to the drink ...

spidermom

QUOTE.....The most expensive lease, for a premises in Co Kerry, cost the State €30,387 last year and is not due to expire for another three years. Rent on a premises in the Cavan-Monaghan area cost €21,754 and is due to expire in 2029.
Other high-cost leases of up to almost €28,000 have renewal periods of just six months, and one lease, which cost €25,277 in 2009, is renewable on a monthly basis. These are expected to be still in place by the end of this year........END QUOTE

.....and one lease, which cost €25,277 in 2009, is renewable on a monthly basis.....

Oh GOOD JAYS*S....!!I'll store them in my shed for 1,000 a month!!....actually I'd put them in my bedroom for that...me and spidey dad will sleep in the shed...

GDPR

Lets do some good with them.

I say give them to some country that has nothing to be upset about.

EvotingMachine0197

Lets do some good with them.

I say give them to some country that has nothing to be upset about.
They can't do any good. Maybe 15 years ago some colleges could have used the processor boards as training hardware for learning the fundamentals of digital processing, memory, interrups, I/O and all the rest.

But they really are such old technology, they're not even good for that.

The sheet steel in the cabinets might be worth a quid or two. Otherwise they are scrap.

Newsy

€183,000 to store e-voting machines - The Irish Times - Sat, Aug 07, 2010

Now I know Gormley says he's scrapping them...but the commitee is deliberating for 12 months now...any news???
It would be very interesting to know who we are paying to house these dud machines???

It would also be interesting to know, IF gormley has re-negotiated these leases, due to the property crash???

A great place to house these would be put them into all the property that is in NAMA.......no charge!!!

spidermom

JN_V2.0

Dempsey is upset that the peasants dont realise that these storage contracts result in job creation....

dont the peasants realise that minimum wage brethren are employed while FFriends of FF reap millions for these 'special contracts'

Martin Mansergh said it best when he demanded that citizens should respect their betters

ungrateful paddy peasants....

Devil_Eire swore that the famine had whipped them into line

how wrong he was....

ungrateful peasants..... paddies, micks.... FF will teach you.

GDPR

Andorra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe...nice health system BTW...Primary care team for every 8000 people!!...nice!!
Ah, these things are never as they seem.
I bet if they have a P.an or whatever it would be called, there'd be headcases on there banging away about how they never do anything right and how every other country works but theirs doesn't and yada yada. You know, the usual stuff.

Squib

Well they did give you free second level education.
"Free education" that will cost PARENTS (not including the income tax they pay) €70,000 for each child!

Now, bow down before your FF masters (they're better than you)!

SPN

It would be very interesting to know who we are paying to house these dud machines???

It would also be interesting to know, IF gormley has re-negotiated these leases, due to the property crash???

A great place to house these would be put them into all the property that is in NAMA.......no charge!!!
A little history lesson: The instruction that went out to Returning Officers who were due to receive delivery of NEDAP eVoting machines in 2004 was very specific about the technical specifications of the premises in which they were to be stored if the warranty was to remain intact. Temperature, humidity, and all sorts of other mad things were very specifically set out.

It was complete boIIox, but it did force Returning Officers to go to extreme lengths to comply with the specifications set down by the manufacturers.

Gormley has been trying to shut down the storage contracts, through various means, and has been pulling the machines into centralised storage pretty much since he attained office.

The true story about what happened in relation to eVoting won't be told until Fine Gael manage to win an election, but suffice to say, a number of senior Fianna Failures will be joining Ivor Callely in the doghouse when the truth hits the fan.

Billy Kelleher and John Cregan are the two obvious fall-guys, but the trail of the missing €20 million will no doubt cause more than a few other FFers to regret their involvement in the fraud.

::
:

EvotingMachine0197

Ah, these things are never as they seem.
I bet if they have a P.an or whatever it would be called, there'd be headcases on there banging away about how they never do anything right and how every other country works but theirs doesn't and yada yada. You know, the usual stuff.
Well if there are bits that are not working right, then they'd be right to bang on about it. Even though most bits may be working OK. The objective is to get all the bits working OK.

Then that would be where the debate over expenditure priority kicks in, because obviously our tax revenue cannot pay for a utopian State. Same for the Andorians I suspect. It is not possible for everything to be to everyone's level of satisfaction.

But it should be possible to rig things so that the majority are satisfied. That isn't happening ..

Squib

A little history lesson: The instruction that went out to Returning Officers who were due to receive delivery of NEDAP eVoting machines in 2004 was very specific about the technical specifications of the premises in which they were to be stored if the warranty was to remain intact. Temperature, humidity, and all sorts of other mad things were very specifically set out.

It was complete boIIox, but it did force Returning Officers to go to extreme lengths to comply with the specifications set down by the manufacturers.

Gormley has been trying to shut down the storage contracts, through various means, and has been pulling the machines into centralised storage pretty much since he attained office.

The true story about what happened in relation to eVoting won't be told until Fine Gael manage to win an election, but suffice to say, a number of senior Fianna Failures will be joining Ivor Callely in the doghouse when the truth hits the fan.

Billy Kelleher and John Cregan are the two obvious fall-guys, but the trail of the missing €20 million will no doubt cause more than a few other FFers to regret their involvement in the fraud.

::
:
How many durty FF politicians have the Greens held to account?:mad:

GDPR

"Free education" that will cost PARENTS (not including the income tax they pay) €70,000 for each child!
You must have very low self-esteem, God love you.

But that €70,000 figure is interesting, where did you get that?

EvotingMachine0197

Does anyone know who made those voting machines?

NEDAP Holland

Nedap

The were brought into Ireland by an intermediary private company called Powervote, set up specifically for the purpose.

Powervote liquidated about two years ago and the directors walked away with boots full of cash.